News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Well what about the E400 that was originally a 57 plate and got re-registered to a 08 plate.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

John

Quote from: Martin Morris on May 06, 2013, 05:37:30 PM
Well what about the E400 that was originally a 57 plate and got re-registered to a 08 plate.

Scania OmniCity 4780 was changed after 2 weeks after being new. Don't know if it was because it was re-registered in the same year that it was first registered, before it was first taxed
http://www.wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4780.html

winston

Quote from: Martin Morris on May 06, 2013, 05:37:30 PM

Scania Omnicity double decker you mean (i.e. 4780 & 4781), if they haven't entered service been taxed then you can re-register to the latest reg, but not with 4816

Not quite sure how they managed to re-register them after they entered service / were taxed unless their was some sort of error with them receiving 57 plates?

busfan2847

If you are referring to Scania's 4780 and 4781, Scania had reserved 57 plates for them with which they were delivered, however they were not delivered until after the registration change so should have had 08 plates. 4780 was changed within two weeks, 4781 was re-registered eight months later.

Martin

Sorry I got mixed up  :)
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

Trident 4609

The fleetnumber will not be 4880 or anything above. I also know the garage its going to along with its fleetnumber but i cannot say as tony said he will reveal it when he is allowed to do so.

Sayeed

Quote from: Westy on May 06, 2013, 05:32:29 PM

Its a secret.

I know and not allowed to talk about this either. It's just a driver from a Pensnett Garage updated status about this and thought it's a legit and allowed to talk about this as well. Plus reg plate "BX63" [Facepalm] thank you for reminding me, just realised that.

Sorry for off topic, about 2 or 3 weeks ago, that user also posted about the buses that NXWM is going to order in this year but not confirmed and I tried to post  it in here to find out the truth.   
Oh well, will be more cautious.

UPDATE: Copy of a status about the orders.
10 Volvo B5L (Wright Eclipse Gemini 2)
20 Optare Solo hybrid
10 Optare Solo slimline
20 Mercedes-Benz 'Citaro' buses
Buses that apparently are going to Birmingham Central but not yet confirmed.
Век живи - век учись

Westy

Not wishing to denigrate Tony or anyone connected with this, but should we be told about 4816's new identity anyway?

It just seems a bit ghoulish searching out a bus involved in a serious incident.

If the info is posted, whats to say a Google search by a journo wont throw up the info posted here?

If Tony or anybody wants to give out the info by private message, then thats down to them.

By the way, what will be the 'official reason' for the disappearence of 4816, or is the bus id generally known, as I didnt know it was 4816 until it was mentioned on here!

Gareth

My personal view is with all the secretive and speculation regarding 4816 it has now reached some kind of warped celebrity status, and a new identity will make it stand out. I understand transferring it, but just leave it the same. Or change around the identities of a number of the batch, so no one really knows what bus it really originally what.

Andrew1991

Quote from: Sayeed_M on May 06, 2013, 09:36:38 PM
Quote from: Westy on May 06, 2013, 05:32:29 PM

Its a secret.

I know and not allowed to talk about this either. It's just a driver from a Pensnett Garage updated status about this and thought it's a legit and allowed to talk about this as well. Plus reg plate "BX63" [Facepalm] thank you for reminding me, just realised that.

Sorry for off topic, about 2 or 3 weeks ago, that user also posted about the buses that NXWM is going to order in this year but not confirmed and I tried to post  it in here to find out the truth.   
Oh well, will be more cautious.

UPDATE: Copy of a status about the orders.
10 Volvo B5L (Wright Eclipse Gemini 2)
20 Optare Solo hybrid
10 Optare Solo slimline
20 Mercedes-Benz 'Citaro' buses
Buses that apparently are going to Birmingham Central but not yet confirmed.

that's definitely wrong lol, already confirmed in the order are 60 adl enviro 400, 21 hybrids (already delivered) and 23 wright B7 RLE = 104 and nx are only buying 129/130. if this 'driver' is Jordan Davies he's a 17/18 year old from Rowley Regis or tipton and not a driver.

Abluhwleh

Since there's been so many ridiculous guesses about the fate of this particular bus, I figured I'd throw a few into the mix.

1. Strip it down to the chassis and replace the body with that of 4001, keep this bus alive a few more years and noone would know ;) (This one would get my vote)

2. Renumber it and re-register it, send it to Bordesley garage along with 60 more E400s from the new order, and upgrade the 55/A to run every 1-2 minutes

3. Re-outfit it as a driver trainer and send it to Dundee

4. Use it for part-ex on the latest order (damn, that one almost sounded reasonable)

5. Scrap the entire E400 fleet and replace them with second hand Metrobuses to put an end to all the speculation once and for all!

</sarcasm>

nitromatt1

None of these are happening, can you all just stop speculating and let time tell

s94

I really think everyone should leave this matter be. A tragic incident still and always will surround this. I find it rather distasteful that all some seem to care is its new number and where its going. Does it matter? Sorry for the little rant here, Just think it needs to be said.

Trident 4609

Quote from: s94 on May 06, 2013, 10:38:29 PM
I really think everyone should leave this matter be. A tragic incident still and always will surround this. I find it rather distasteful that all some seem to care is its new number and where its going. Does it matter? Sorry for the little rant here, Just think it needs to be said.

Well said! Tony has said he will announce it when he is ready to.so can this matter be left alone

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 06, 2013, 10:54:29 PM
Quote from: s94 on May 06, 2013, 10:38:29 PM

Well said! Tony has said he will announce it when he is ready to.so can this matter be left alone

I agree

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk