News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 12, 2013, 08:18:44 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 12, 2013, 08:12:14 PM
Its because they drive out the wash too fast and the washer doesn't get to do the rear fully as by the time the cycle has finished the bus will of been driven out already - usually with a bent in n/s mirror!

Interesting, Tony told us at the Depot Visit that it was the depot staff that put buses through the wash, i wonder if it is a time issue here, being as some buses don't get back into garage at PE till well after 1am and the first buses leave a little after 3am?

Indeed, depot staff do drive them through - I didn't imply anything else. They might forget to do the rear, - mundane tasks tend to kill your mind.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Its because they drive out the wash too fast and the washer doesn't get to do the rear fully as by the time the cycle has finished the bus will of been driven out already - usually with a bent in n/s mirror!

Interesting, Tony told us at the Depot Visit that it was the depot staff that put buses through the wash, i wonder if it is a time issue here, being as some buses don't get back into garage at PE till well after 1am and the first buses leave a little after 3am?

You saw how I drove that Gemini through the wash.  That got it as clean as you can with one of those washes. It is just not watching the brush swing across the back in the mirror that causes the black stripe

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on November 12, 2013, 08:27:02 PM

You saw how I drove that Gemini through the wash.  That got it as clean as you can with one of those washes. It is just not watching the brush swing across the back in the mirror that causes the black stripe

Still terrible wheel cleaner then! Should just be black from the factory
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on November 12, 2013, 08:27:02 PM

Indeed Tony, and really in the scheme of things, it didn't take long to go through and then park up the bus outside.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

andyr

clean wheels = clean bus. NXWM do no understand that though. It is what lets them dowm.

s94

So are any more tridents due?

Is it just the X96 going DD or the 276 too?

trident4370

Quote from: andyr on November 12, 2013, 10:25:00 PM
clean wheels = clean bus. NXWM do no understand that though. It is what lets them dowm.

I agree with this, wouldn't it just be a better idea to paint all the wheels black?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: trident4370 on November 13, 2013, 12:55:00 AM
Quote from: andyr on November 12, 2013, 10:25:00 PM

I agree with this, wouldn't it just be a better idea to paint all the wheels black?

Steal my idea why don't you lol (read my reply above)
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Quote from: s94 on November 12, 2013, 10:54:44 PM

It looks as if the X96 will be fully dd operated now (well you will get some mercs appearing) and the 276 will see some tridents aswell

winston

Quote from: Trident 4609 on November 13, 2013, 05:20:35 PM
Quote from: s94 on November 12, 2013, 10:54:44 PM

It looks as if the X96 will be fully dd operated now (well you will get some mercs appearing) and the 276 will see some tridents aswell

There was a B7RLE on there yesterday

nitromatt1

9, 140 and 141 all going down the Quinton Expressway due to closure of Hagley Road West from 20:00-06:00, from Sun 17th to Thurs 21st. For more details see

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/hagley-road-west-quinton-evening-closure

Will be interesting to see what happens if a driver forgets the closure and goes up the slip road like normal

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 13, 2013, 08:27:03 PM
9, 140 and 141 all going down the Quinton Expressway due to closure of Hagley Road West from 20:00-06:00, from Sun 17th to Thurs 21st. For more details see

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/hagley-road-west-quinton-evening-closure

Will be interesting to see what happens if a driver forgets the closure and goes up the slip road like normal

Probably have to go around the island, then back to Quinton, round the island there & back on the proper route.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 13, 2013, 08:44:48 PM

Probably have to go around the island, then back to Quinton, round the island there & back on the proper route.

I did think that, but that would be a bit of an awkward turn, especially with traffic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 13, 2013, 09:33:21 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 13, 2013, 08:44:48 PM

I did think that, but that would be a bit of an awkward turn, especially with traffic

Very awkward, lets hope they make it very plain that the number 9s shouldn't go up the slip road.

Niall

Should add quite a chunk of time onto the 141, but well done for going to the trouble of going all the way up to Quinton only to turn back around! Good to know they're not just abandoning us.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk