News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Pensnett Garage

Started by winston, April 09, 2012, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Popped round to Pensnett just before 2pm

1516 & 1552 have both arrived for storage along with approx another 3 or 4 more Mercs of which most are in TC livery, couldn't ID anymore than that. It looks as though the list Tony posted in the withdrawn vehicles thread are all now there.

There were 6 x E400's parked in the depot yard & a 7th was just leaving as I pulled up, additionally there were also 3 x Tridents on site these exclude anything in the engineering bays as all the shutters were down. Not sure if PE have now received more Tridents from YW, but there was a large number of deckers not in use

the trainbasher

1629 is on the 246

Also 1630 is now debranded from X96 branding and is on the X96

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on November 11, 2013, 02:24:12 PM

1516 & 1552 have both arrived for storage along with approx another 3 or 4 more Mercs of which most are in TC livery, couldn't ID anymore than that. It looks as though the list Tony posted in the withdrawn vehicles thread are all now there.

There were 6 x E400's parked in the depot yard & a 7th was just leaving as I pulled up, additionally there were also 3 x Tridents on site these exclude anything in the engineering bays as all the shutters were down. Not sure if PE have now received more Tridents from YW, but there was a large number of deckers not in use

I went around this morning around 10:35, didn't look at the reserve fleet, but there were 3 E400s awaiting duty & 2 Tridents parked in the dead box.

as i was leaving, 4135 arrived back, presumably been on peak board.

Strangely there were very few Mercs on the garage today.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 11, 2013, 02:38:29 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 11, 2013, 02:24:12 PM

I went around this morning around 10:35, didn't look at the reserve fleet, but there were 3 E400s awaiting duty & 2 Tridents parked in the dead box.

as i was leaving, 4135 arrived back, presumably been on peak board.

Strangely there were very few Mercs on the garage today.

4135 & 4348 were 2 of the 3 Tridents, the other was a Y--TOH one parked farside. 1704 & 1743 were on site, plus two B7RLE

the trainbasher

1631 also lost its branding on the 1445 53 ex Merry Hill

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 11, 2013, 02:55:34 PM
1631 also lost its branding on the 1445 53 ex Merry Hill

Presumably the plan is to double decker the X96
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Niall

One of the E400s was going up the Hagley Road this afternoon displaying 'Excursion'. I preume it was heading to Birmingham to fill the 20 minute (maybe longer) gap in service.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 11, 2013, 02:37:56 PM
1629 is on the 246

1630 was in service with its branding only on Saturday. Have you seen any Mercs still with X96 branding today?

the trainbasher

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 11, 2013, 05:14:23 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on November 11, 2013, 02:37:56 PM
1629 is on the 246

1630 was in service with its branding only on Saturday. Have you seen any Mercs still with X96 branding today?

I havent seen any Mercs still with X96 branding today

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Hopefully a few Tridents might gain some branding then as it was visibly noticeable how the X96 branding increased patronage, probably due to the confusion Merry Hill bus station causes, plus Wollaston Farm and Wrens Nest don't mean much to most people as a terminus

nitromatt1

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on November 11, 2013, 08:07:55 PM
Hopefully a few Tridents might gain some branding then as it was visibly noticeable how the X96 branding increased patronage, probably due to the confusion Merry Hill bus station causes, plus Wollaston Farm and Wrens Nest don't mean much to most people as a terminus

I always thought the destinations "Dudley...then to Wrens Nest" and "Stourbridge...then to Wollaston Farm" should be used for the X96, more useful for those not familiar with route

richie

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 11, 2013, 08:09:23 PM

I always thought the destinations "Dudley...then to Wrens Nest" and "Stourbridge...then to Wollaston Farm" should be used for the X96, more useful for those not familiar with route

I think it shouldn't serve the wrens nest or Wollaston farm.

andrew1991

Quote from: richie on November 11, 2013, 09:05:15 PM

I agree with cutting the wrens nest part, never used the Wollaston farm section to give an opinion

nitromatt1

Quote from: Andrew on November 11, 2013, 09:07:00 PM

I agree with the wrens nest part, never used the Wollaston farm section to give an opinion

I've never done the Wrens Nest part but I'm familiar with the Stour-Wollaston Farm section and its patronage is very low

richie

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 11, 2013, 09:08:58 PM
Quote from: Andrew on November 11, 2013, 09:07:00 PM

I agree with the wrens nest part, never used the Wollaston farm section to give an opinion

I've never done the Wrens Nest part but I'm familiar with the Stour-Wollaston Farm section and its patronage is very low

The wrens nest is busy but not as a link they deserve their own shuttle service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk