News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: MW on June 18, 2018, 06:42:27 PM
Pretty sure I saw an older Enviro on the S10 today. There's usually two buses on there so it may have been the other bus.
I've been in Solihull a lot lately and all  I've seen is the standard E200's on the S10.

Solo1

S10 has 2 buses on for think it's 3 trips then hourly

Dylanbusboy45

Thanks @MW @Jack @Solo1
Maybe it's been purchased for the Blythe Shuttles then from Birmingham International, as otherwise not sure what they would use it on, unless they have some other contracts that they use buses on

Solo1

Think is a spare bus for contracts  or s10

Kevin

The Blythe Valley services, what specifically is meant by "closed door"? Is that a case of needing staff passes?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MW

Quote from: Kevin on October 03, 2018, 12:36:05 PM
The Blythe Valley services, what specifically is meant by "closed door"? Is that a case of needing staff passes?

Probably meaning not available to the general public. You could probably board the bus if you told the driver you're going to Blythe Valley Park. On the journey from Blythe Valley, I'd imagine it's allighting only and the reverse journey, picking up only.

Quote from: MW on October 03, 2018, 01:24:56 PM
Probably meaning not available to the general public. You could probably board the bus if you told the driver you're going to Blythe Valley Park. On the journey from Blythe Valley, I'd imagine it's allighting only and the reverse journey, picking up only.
I'd think you'd need some sort of staff card.
It is solely used by passengers getting of the train at Solihull going to Blythe Valley that appear to work there. I've never seen it pick up or drop off anywhere but Solihull Station.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: 2206 on October 03, 2018, 03:13:16 PM
I'd think you'd need some sort of staff card.
It is solely used by passengers getting of the train at Solihull going to Blythe Valley that appear to work there. I've never seen it pick up or drop off anywhere but Solihull Station.

Yep same with the Birmingham International one as it says Private Charter on the side display with Blythe Valley & FORE Bham Intl Shuttle on the front so you would most likely need a staff card. Again, it goes straight down the motorway and only serves places in the Blythe Valley park

suavegarv

Landflights Facebook page has been updated with news regarding proposed new routes.

MW

Quote from: suavegarv on January 07, 2019, 06:08:46 PM
Landflights Facebook page has been updated with news regarding proposed new routes.

Can't see any specific details on there, but it's what was the S2/S3/S3W. Implies that NXWM has won the 31 then, unless Landflight have that too. Contracts were originally two years, but fair play to Landflight for winning them for five years.

New Enviro200MMCs I hear.

metrocity

Quote from: MW on January 07, 2019, 06:13:03 PM
Can't see any specific details on there, but it's what was the S2/S3/S3W. Implies that NXWM has won the 31 then, unless Landflight have that too. Contracts were originally two years, but fair play to Landflight for winning them for five years.

New Enviro200MMCs I hear.
31 to Landflight apparently

Quote from: metrocity on January 07, 2019, 07:35:01 PM

Will it still be terminating at the Station, or or will they bring it back into the Town Centre in Solihull?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: metrocity on January 07, 2019, 07:35:01 PM

Sounds like Landflight have cleaned up then...

Steve3229vp

S2 Cheswick Green to Dorridge. Service will be operated by Landflight.
There will be changes to the route and timetable for this service, which will become a circular route also covering Hockley Heath and Blythe Valley. Service will be renumbered A6 (for short journeys between Solihull and Cheswick Green), A7 and A8.
S3 / S3W Dickens Heath to Wythall. There will be changes to the route and timetable for this service.
S3 eastern part will be replaced by service A3 between Solihull and Dorridge. S3 western part and S3W will be replaced by service A4 from Solihull to Inkford Brook and A5 from Solihull to Dickens Heath. Both services will be operated by Landflight

winston

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 11, 2019, 05:43:22 PM
S2 Cheswick Green to Dorridge. Service will be operated by Landflight.
There will be changes to the route and timetable for this service, which will become a circular route also covering Hockley Heath and Blythe Valley. Service will be renumbered A6 (for short journeys between Solihull and Cheswick Green), A7 and A8.
S3 / S3W Dickens Heath to Wythall. There will be changes to the route and timetable for this service.
S3 eastern part will be replaced by service A3 between Solihull and Dorridge. S3 western part and S3W will be replaced by service A4 from Solihull to Inkford Brook and A5 from Solihull to Dickens Heath. Both services will be operated by Landflight

Blimey, what happened to simplifying route numbers??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk