News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 03:22:09 PM
Does anyone on this forum know what other services that Silverline operate other than the route S10 service. I know that the S10 is their only registered public bus service but i believe that they operate some other private contracts and shuttle bus services. If anyone knows anything else about these services that would be great. Thank you.
@countryliner
They only do 1 public route - S10 Cranes Park - Solihull (YX63ZXM E200 Main Allocation)

They do Blythe Valley Business Park shuttle which I think that's S9

for private contracts they mostally do JLR shuttles between Birmingham Airport and Elmdon JLR plant and some of coach fleet sometimes help out
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

countryliner

@James4368 - Thanks for the info. Is the Blythe Valley Business Park Shuttle (Route S9) available for the public to use or do you have to have a certain pass to use this service. Also do they publish the timetable for this service anywhere.

James4368

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 03:41:31 PM
@James4368 - Thanks for the info. Is the Blythe Valley Business Park Shuttle (Route S9) available for the public to use or do you have to have a certain pass to use this service. Also do they publish the timetable for this service anywhere.
@countryliner I don't think it is available for general public and not sure about pass or timetable bit though
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Matt.N0056

Quote from: James4368 on January 06, 2016, 04:26:52 PM
@countryliner I don't think it is available for general public and not sure about pass or timetable bit though

The Blythe valley is now a private contract. A couple of journeys in in the morning and out of an evening. There may be some lunch time aswell, but not 100% sure

countryliner

@Matt.N0056 @James4368 - Thanks for the info.

I have done some research on google on the internet and i have found out that Silverline operate two different Blythe Valley Business Park shuttle bus services (the route B90 service and the route S9 service).

Route B90. This route operates between Birmingham International Airport Railway Station and the Blythe Valley Business Park.

Route S9. This route operates between Solihull Railway Station and the Blythe Valley Business Park.

Here are the timetables for these bus services.

Route B90 Timetable. -

Route S9 Timetable.

Both the route B90 service and the route S9 service are open to all members of the public and are completely free bus services.

Matt.N0056

@countryliner 'a free service, Closed door'. They used to be available to the general public however they are no longer. They don't display the route number either, just Blythe Valley Park, Solihull Station Shuttle, for example. 

countryliner

@Matt.N0056 - Thanks for the info. So who can use these services now. Is it just for staff that work at the Blythe Valley Business Park. However i see that on the timetables it says "a free to travel closed door service" but it is also mentioned on their website on the page about how to get to the Blythe Valley Business Park so i would of thought that these are free services that are open to the public or anyone who wants to use them.

Stu

Quote from: countryliner on January 07, 2016, 02:46:15 PM
@Matt.N0056 - Thanks for the info. So who can use these services now. Is it just for staff that work at the Blythe Valley Business Park. However i see that on the timetables it says "a free to travel closed door service" but it is also mentioned on their website on the page about how to get to the Blythe Valley Business Park so i would of thought that these are free services that are open to the public or anyone who wants to use them.

I guess the best way to find out is to go to Solihull rail station and try and get on the bus and see what happens lol  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

countryliner

@Stu - Yes. That is a very good idea. I will try to do that soon and see what happens.

Steveminor

They are only available to special workers or visitors pass holders. General public are not able to travel on these services.

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thank you for confirming. Much appreciated. So did these routes (B90 and S9) ever used to be public services or have they always been just for staff and workers to use.

Steveminor

Yes the s9 used to be operated by nxwm until silver line won the contract. It the ran for some time as a public service under silverline.  The b90 only ran for a short time as a public service until becoming a closed door contract.

MW

I believe the S9 was the 166 originally? I think it was 166 anyway. Pre Solihull network review.

countryliner

@Steveminor @MW - Thanks for the info. Do you know why they changed these from public to private bus services.

MW

Quote from: countryliner on January 08, 2016, 03:01:06 PM
@Steveminor @MW - Thanks for the info. Do you know why they changed these from public to private bus services.

So you can't catch it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk