News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

@MW

Yeah it did used to be the 166 - used to have two Wright Crusaders, 594 and 595, painted up in purple for it. They did occasionally drift onto other routes (S2/3 etc.). That seems a while ago now! Then 1415 and 1467 got put into purple after the B6s left only for NX to come off the S9.

Cheese

Quote from: countryliner on January 08, 2016, 03:01:06 PM
@Steveminor @MW - Thanks for the info. Do you know why they changed these from public to private bus services.

Well why would you want to catch it unless you worked at Blythe Valley? Might as well make it totally private for staff only. If it's paid for by the Business Park (and I suspect it is), why should they be paying for just anyone to use it? You seem to forget that if it was open to anyone, they would probably have to accept concessions etc, why would they want to bother with all the admin behind the scenes. Make it simple, staff bus for staff only. Simples.

countryliner

@Cheese @Liberator9 @MW - Thanks for the info. I see what you mean. However if they were public services they might be useful for people who need to visit the Blythe Valley Business Park but do not work there.

Cheese

Quote from: countryliner on January 08, 2016, 04:36:45 PM
@Cheese @Liberator9 @MW - Thanks for the info. I see what you mean. However if they were public services they might be useful for people who need to visit the Blythe Valley Business Park but do not work there.

Take it you haven't seen the kind of offices at Blythe Valley. Very much doubt anyone would be going there by any other means than by car.

countryliner

@Cheese - Yes i do see what you mean. However i am sure that there are some members of the public who do not have cars but still need to visit the Blythe Valley Business Park.

Kevin

Unlikely enough to warrant a bus service right into the estate. X20 stops close enough
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

countryliner

@Kevin - Thanks for the info. So is the route X20 service now the only public bus service that goes near the Blythe Valley Business Park or is there any other routes that stop nearby as well.

Matt.N0056

countryliner

@Matt.N0056 - That is interesting to hear. Do you know where it is being sold. Is it at Ensignbus.

Matt.N0056

countryliner

Solo1

countryliner

@Solo1 - Thank you for posting the link. Much appreciated.

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Solo1

PD0001760/8 - SILVERLINE LANDFLIGHT LTD T/A SILVERLINE, ARGENT HOUSE, VULCAN ROAD, SOLIHULL, B91 2JY

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between CRANES PARK and POPLAR ROAD, SOLIHULL given service number S10 effective from 10-Jun-2016. To amend Route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk