News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Route branding

Started by JB93, August 17, 2012, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: John-s-91 on August 17, 2012, 08:09:30 PM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 17, 2012, 07:59:24 PM
I miss the branding on my local 94 bus route. Why doesn't it deserve decent branding and buses that don't look battered? Bo who.

Moan over.

The 94 would more than likely still have the blue branding if Lea Hall was still open, or the branded Trident's moved to Perry Barr, as the plan was to move 4455-4474 to PB at one time. (Would have loved to see Trident's on other Perry Barr routes!)

One (poss. 4470) was transferred to Perry Barr a couple of weeks before LH closed. PB didnt like it. I'm sure Tony had a photograph back in the fotopic days.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Michael on August 19, 2012, 06:19:35 AM
Quote from: John-s-91 on August 17, 2012, 08:09:30 PM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 17, 2012, 07:59:24 PM
I miss the branding on my local 94 bus route. Why doesn't it deserve decent branding and buses that don't look battered? Bo who.

Moan over.

The 94 would more than likely still have the blue branding if Lea Hall was still open, or the branded Trident's moved to Perry Barr, as the plan was to move 4455-4474 to PB at one time. (Would have loved to see Trident's on other Perry Barr routes!)

One (poss. 4470) was transferred to Perry Barr a couple of weeks before LH closed. PB didnt like it. I'm sure Tony had a photograph back in the fotopic days.

Though it wasn't in service was it? Also i'm sure BX55 XOA (4698) is the same bus internally?

jnl1984

I have always wondered why TWM/NXWM never re-introduced the 'Network Harborne' branding to its Harborne routes (22,23,24,29,29A)...
This was around in the late 90's early 00's from memory, was orange and looked quite smart...

Mike K

Quote from: jnl1984 on August 19, 2012, 11:36:15 AM
I have always wondered why TWM/NXWM never re-introduced the 'Network Harborne' branding to its Harborne routes (22,23,24,29,29A)...
This was around in the late 90's early 00's from memory, was orange and looked quite smart...

Agreed. If you include the Harborne Hoppa Solos there were over 50 vehicles that carried this branding. That must be the single biggest West Mids branding so far. In those days the routes it covered were 10, 21, 22, 23, 29, 30, 103, 636.

Discodave

who did the scum lines logo would suit some NXWM routes lol

JB93

I really liked the branding they had only for a short while with the toothpaste livery. "Your 16" and "Your 37" and "Your 67" and "Your 97", they looked really good. Used to bug me when Lea Hall were closing though, and they kept using 97-branded Omnilinks for the 13.

Tony

The company has officially announced what two of the next routes to receive branding are today
YW - 35 (vehicles also to receive names)
AG - 11A/C

Liberator9

Good to hear - looking forward to seeing them!

Wolves256

Tony
Is that a clue regarding the destination of the first new buses next month!

Liberator9

I highly doubt the 35 would get new buses - if YW were to receive any they would go onto the 50.

Tony

Quote from: Wolves256 on January 16, 2015, 06:27:20 PM
Tony
Is that a clue regarding the destination of the first new buses next month!

Not yet. The Managing Director issues a 'business brief' to staff each Friday. It is when items appear in this that they can be made public, which in the case of new buses is normally a couple of weeks before they arrive. (and before anyone asks I genuinely don't know which ones are arriving first and which garages they are for other than what was in the press release last week, so I couldn't give clues even if I wanted to) - so basically don't bother asking. I will post it on her as soon as a) I know, b) I'm told I can even if I do get to know earlier

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on January 16, 2015, 06:17:59 PM
The company has officially announced what two of the next routes to receive branding are today
YW - 35 (vehicles also to receive names)
AG - 11A/C

More branding......aaaaaaah!!!
I will just have to get used to it like everyone else I suppose..........perhaps it may even grow on me,who knows?

Trident 4194

Wonder if the presidents will gain branding, or whether the rumour is true and pe enviros gain the 11 branding. Having said that the 9 must have quite a lot of miles done

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 16, 2015, 07:30:22 PM
Wonder if the presidents will gain branding, or whether the rumour is true and pe enviros gain the 11 branding. Having said that the 9 must have quite a lot of miles done

Have you noticed 4829 has transferred to Perry Barr (who do not operate the 11!)

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on January 16, 2015, 07:35:14 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 16, 2015, 07:30:22 PM

Have you noticed 4829 has transferred to Perry Barr (who do not operate the 11!)

It has been discussed though, so will the presidents gain branding tony?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk