News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Route branding

Started by JB93, August 17, 2012, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB93

Just wondering what all you guys thought about the new route brandings on some routes, and what other routes you think should be branded? Also, as its my local bus route, I also wondered whether the 97/97A are going to get branding on more buses other than 4177?  :)

arrifirststage

I think ALL route branding should be banned by law...........Bah...Humbug.

John

Quote from: NathanJC on August 17, 2012, 05:42:30 PM
it would be nice if the 997 got a Frequency branding like 33, 14, 51, X51, etc

That's a good thought Nathan. I'm beginning to not like the large grey circle on the 997 Enviro's, too plain and bland. The 50 and 11 branding with the smaller grey circle looked much better, but a shame that NX ditched it for the awful green branding.

I also think the Enviros on the 997 are looking very worn now, and could do with repaints. (There is one with a front bumper off a newer Enviro and it doesn't fit properly. NX could do a yellow branding, or a different colour for the 997 like the 33 and the 51, would look much better.

Lukeee

Quote from: JB93 on August 17, 2012, 03:39:54 PM
Just wondering what all you guys thought about the new route brandings on some routes, and what other routes you think should be branded? Also, as its my local bus route, I also wondered whether the 97/97A are going to get branding on more buses other than 4177?  :)

Thought some of the other tridents are branded (with the green branding).

John

Quote from: Lukeee on August 17, 2012, 06:08:01 PM
Thought some of the other tridents are branded (with the green branding).

Yes they are Luke, 4455-4474 are all still branded in Green. The branding on 4177 is a trial, as well as the livery, and looks a whole lot better than the green branding.

Ash

The branding on the 404 and Foleshill road was quite good when first applied but after 3.5 years panels have been replaced so parts of the branding have been lost and doesnt look very appealing. A simple band and frequency like the 404 branded mercs would have been better and lasted all of their time on the service as no branding was on the windows or bottom panels.

John

Yes, the branding on the Scania's were similar to the Hagley Road branding on the Enviro's when they were new, which was a whole lot better than the green branding NX replaced them with.

The best branding in my opinion was the circles with the numbers, of which only the 126 now survives,  but you had loads back in the day, with the 6, 37, 51, Sutton Lines, 94, 529, 16, 65, 559/560, 96/97 and probably more, I can't remember, and also the 11 and 50 NXWM branding.

The recent 33/51 and X96 branding is good also, but I am not keen on the branding on the destination glass at the front. I think NX should have put a green square with 33, the same as the branding on the side, next to the NXWM logo on the front grille, instead.

Ash

Quote from: John-s-91 on August 17, 2012, 07:03:12 PM
Yes, the branding on the Scania's were similar to the Hagley Road branding on the Enviro's when they were new, which was a whole lot better than the green branding NX replaced them with.

The best branding in my opinion was the circles with the numbers, of which only the 126 now survives,  but you had loads back in the day, with the 6, 37, 51, Sutton Lines, 94, 529, 16, 65, 559/560, 96/97 and probably more, I can't remember, and also the 11 and 50 NXWM branding.

The recent 33/51 and X96 branding is good also, but I am not keen on the branding on the destination glass at the front. I think NX should have put a green square with 33, the same as the branding on the side, next to the NXWM logo on the front grille, instead.

A few mercs had the circle branding at WB garage at the time including the 74/9/120/404 and 451 all colour coded and was very rare to seem them not on the correct service only in my memory did I see at one time 1535 having a day on the 74 when branded for the 404 other than that can think of no other occasion unlike now.

monkeyjoe

I miss the branding on my local 94 bus route. Why doesn't it deserve decent branding and buses that don't look battered? Bo who.

Moan over.

John

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 17, 2012, 07:59:24 PM
I miss the branding on my local 94 bus route. Why doesn't it deserve decent branding and buses that don't look battered? Bo who.

Moan over.

The 94 would more than likely still have the blue branding if Lea Hall was still open, or the branded Trident's moved to Perry Barr, as the plan was to move 4455-4474 to PB at one time. (Would have loved to see Trident's on other Perry Barr routes!)

richie

The Coventry Mercs for the foleshil rd were in good shape when it was twm

BU07 LGO

the 900 and 51 branding was good on the tridents, just a shame theyve all gone now.

Also liked the "Line 33" and "Premier997"

andy

Quote from: John-s-91 on August 17, 2012, 08:09:30 PM

Moan over.

The 94 would more than likely still have the blue branding if Lea Hall was still open, or the branded Trident's moved to Perry Barr, as the plan was to move 4455-4474 to PB at one time. (Would have loved to see Trident's on other Perry Barr routes!)

Nooooo......the best thing about PB is no Tridents!!

Lukeee

Quote from: andy on August 18, 2012, 02:46:59 AM
Quote from: John-s-91 on August 17, 2012, 08:09:30 PM

Moan over.

Nooooo......the best thing about PB is no Tridents!!

Got that right.

nx4737

Quote from: John-s-91 on August 17, 2012, 05:52:01 PM
Quote from: NathanJC on August 17, 2012, 05:42:30 PM
it would be nice if the 997 got a Frequency branding like 33, 14, 51, X51, etc

That's a good thought Nathan. I'm beginning to not like the large grey circle on the 997 Enviro's, too plain and bland. The 50 and 11 branding with the smaller grey circle looked much better, but a shame that NX ditched it for the awful green branding.

I also think the Enviros on the 997 are looking very worn now, and could do with repaints. (There is one with a front bumper off a newer Enviro and it doesn't fit properly. NX could do a yellow branding, or a different colour for the 997 like the 33 and the 51, would look much better.

Externally the 997 Enviros are looking quite tatty, but I'm sure the'll get the repaint they deserve soon enough...

I do think the Sutton Lines would suit branding again though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk