News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Volvo B10BLE

Started by Discodave, August 09, 2012, 01:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I dont think theyve got many competing 1s mate. Id love it if they sold Cannock tbf lol,

arrivaaston

It would be interesting to see what nxwm would do with cannock but I can't see arriva selling 1 garrage, tbf arriva compete weill with stagecoach on the Nuneaton- Leicester route

Bob

I cant see em sellin cannock either, tbf i dont know whether it makes a profit though, i know it dont do anywhere near what tamworth & telford make

arrivaaston

It does explain why Tamworth and Telford have a modern fleet lol, Cannock and Stafford are just rewarded with the hand downs from other garrages lol

Discodave

A lot of Telfords fleet was due to a lot of council help in the quality partnership thing (not the london style)  Tamworth has just been a good paying area but both do well hense the good buses.  Most of Cannocks fleet has old redline route 44 buses

Bob

Does or did cannock make much dave

arrivaaston

Most of cannocks fleet are the redline 44's? What do u mean??

Bob

yea i wonderd that an all

andy

Redline 44 was a showcase Telford and Wrekin quality partnership.

arrivaaston

A daft question but what does Arriva Telford redline have to do with cannock?? :s

Discodave

A lot of the sb200 they have were the ones used on there before telford had an upgrade with newer eclispe bodies dafs on the 44 know the fleet numbers started 37** will need to look at tonys pics like andy said about the 44 other routes at the time had different colours the 55 was the green line, the 33 the blue line and the wackies (12/22) the amberline

edit just looked most are now at Burton Cannock only has one

Discodave

Quote from: bob on December 23, 2012, 03:42:36 PM
Does or did cannock make much dave

I think it did when I was there but the services have been messed about with so much people are pissed off with them the 33 was one example it started as 20 min service between hednesford and brownhills then went to 15 mins then merged with chase stuff and rugeley stuff went unreliable being stuck in walsall traffic and served too many estates and side roads to try and please everyone plus running times expected miricles even I am puzzled on what route the 33 goes now most routes are a shadow of there former selves.  The 1 would be better as a cannock/walsall route and the huntington left on its own as the 22 that section made money on its own.  There are so many screw ups Arriva have done messing up routes which do not need altering one big mistake was the 70 with the 560 and sending round town The 870 then the 70 did well going to the station all this was done for was to save a few pence in departure costs people liked the connections with other services or the train bus travel supposed to help people.  The sooner wednesfield is Arriva shunt the 560 there and retime it 15 mins apart from NXWM not the NX bus 2 mins infront and people moan about lazy competition

arrivaaston

Where's this bus gone? Not seen it in cannock for a while??

Discodave

still there according to Tonys pages

arrivaaston

still no sign of 3603 and now 3612, anybody seen anything of theses at all, i havent seen 3603 since about November/December

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk