News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Services axed/changed from 1st January 2023

Started by 2206, October 11, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

The other 25 (the withdrawn one from Birmingham) (not the east Birmingham one or the north Birmingham one) used to be a 10H or 10S, right?

That might be where they got it from.

the trainbasher

QuoteThe other 25 (the withdrawn one from Birmingham) (not the east Birmingham one or the north Birmingham one) used to be a 10H or 10S, right?

That might be where they got it from.
Yeah, that used to be the 10H

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on December 17, 2022, 02:42:29 PM2 on Green Lane in Leamore, last served by Chaserider 1, last time I went down that way!
And neither route have served Leamore for months!  

Rachvince53

With regards to unused bus shelters, in some cases there may be a planning requirement for them to be there. In other cases they are not owned by TfWM and thus TfWM can't remove them itself. I do agree though. We had a case on my 64 bus circular service a few years ago where users and the local councillors had long called for a shelter in Mount Road, Penn. This was finally provided only for the service to revised to operate the loop in the opposite direction rendering the shelter virtually redundant (it was used by the school bus).  

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: ellspurs on December 17, 2022, 07:26:48 AMOn the NX update page, it says that service 71 "Sunday evenings" contract has been awarded to another operator.

On the TfWM update page, it says that service 71 "is to be renumbered 26, will have a different timetable and will be operated by Stagecoach Midlands". It doesn't state "Sunday evenings" only.

I guess they just mean the Sunday evenings, but what's the point of that?

It is not very passenger friendly and confusing.  So lets say you are irregular user, making a journey between points on the 71 route, on a Sunday.  You make the outbound journey in the afternoon, no problem.  You go to the bus stop to make the return journey, see a 25 in Stagecoach colours and let it go, thinking it will not get you back home.  It is only when you look at the timetable in the stop when you realise that bus was the "71" home and you've got to wait an hour for the next one.....

It is a sure-fire way of encouraging those irregular passengers to never travel by bus again.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rachvince53

Actually the Sunday service will be 26, not 25, according to TfWM. However having a completely different number on Sundays is confusing. Why can't it have the number 71 or 71A if its a variant on the normal route which is the case with Wolves 15. Sunday daytime journeys omit Wombourne and are numbered 15A.  

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 17, 2022, 12:47:46 PMPresumably Stagecoach put in a lower bid for that subsidised part of the timetable. Sometimes common sense  goes out of the window when money is involved.

Undoubtedly so.  Presumably they have a base in mind in the West Midlands, possibly where they were using for their CWG2022 operations to minimise the unproductive dead mileage from the likes of Rugby?

Rachvince53

Oh yes, they have already got a base planned, perhaps sharing with another company.  Vehicles would then be swapped for maintenance when required by their home depot.

Rachvince53

Diamond will be rerouting service 226 via Wall Heath on Mon-Sat daytimes, a change proposed a few months ago. Evening and Sunday journeys will follow the current route as service 226A.

winston

NX are threatening another 8% cut in mileage from 1/4/23 if the Government Support for Bus Operators ceases from 31/3/23 as expected at present:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rUNC0OOlshw&feature=emb_imp_woyt

j789

There is a high level of consensus within the industry that should the government stick to this plan, near on every operator will replicate this step withdrawing significant mileage. Hopefully, the government will not be so short sighted, no actually stupid, to let this happen. 

Passenger numbers would never recover and you cannot really blame the operating companies either. The gov have to step up.

monkeyjoe

The status of the Erdington 25 seems to have changed from retained to decision pending wonder if stagecoach will be taking this on too , maybe linked to 71 , number change to 26???

Steve3229vp

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 20, 2022, 06:48:02 AMThe status of the Erdington 25 seems to have changed from retained to decision pending wonder if stagecoach will be taking this on too , maybe linked to 71 , number change to 26???
How, when the 25 is Monday to Saturday daytime and the 72 (26) isn't ?

monkeyjoe

I was wondering if they are going to bring in a new Monmouth daytime route linking bromford to Sutton ( merging different routes a bit like the kevs 55 in the south) , then the 71 evening number change might make some sense. All just speculation anyway. 

monkeyjoe

Looks like the 25 is linking with the 600 and missing out fox and goose. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk