News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

its true that the 810 is a shadow of its former self i wouldnt imagine Arriva wanting to continue it to be honest. NXWM could compete on the 1 between cannock & walsall its a busy corridor, theyre previous service, the 351 followed a circuitous route and required 1 optare solo per hour in its dying days, Arriva's 1 uses 3 full size single decks per hour!

Tony

Current date for this to happen is either 21st or 28th October, but Arriva are asking the TC if they can do short notice changes and do it around 4 weeks earlier at the end of September

Discodave

what about the oft police if they think they are getting too big look what happened to stagecoach in devon a small bit not affecting others and blocked and look at the sale to mcgills by arriva looking on the rocks and arriva want out of scotland miles away from evrything else this sale is looking ropey not knocking the suggestion they are good and we do need another competetor with some clout in the west midlands people do deserve a choice not just NXWM though I see this unlikey as in the past arriva have just given up trying I may be wrong though

j_rp_wright

NXWM have such a strong network already in place, covering a vast area. Though all this hard work was done by the WMPTE to build this network. It would take a lot of investment and competing to build a network as strong as theirs. Though choice is always great for the passenger most people go on price and on a NXWM day saver you can go basically everywhere in the midlands!

Tony

6040-2, 7600/1 are all to transfer to Crewe

reinstated 3518, 3701-3, 4942 and 2382 transferred from Crewe are the replacements

BU07 LGO

So basically anything decent!

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 14, 2012, 09:07:00 PM
are the tridents staying with arriva then?

I haven't heard either way on the tridents yet

Bob

They dont operate many tridents other than the Wardles ones do they?

Tony

Quote from: bob on August 14, 2012, 09:56:51 PM
They dont operate many tridents other than the Wardles ones do they?

No, Arriva always prefered DAFs and Volvos

Bob

The Wardles ones were still running in cannock today theyve got awful legroom and NO wheelchair space/buggy space its hard to see the point of them being liw floor

BU07 LGO

Arriva have a few Tridents in Newcastle and some with teh shires that were new for the 38

Discodave

so midland will have all the tat might as well call it Cannock 2 with all the crappy darts and scrap which will more than likley come from delta way

Discodave

and Midland Red giving up the black country and other strong areas in the Midlands also helped NXWM become what it is

BU07 LGO

They could get better buses for Midland as they want to attract new customers but in areas they already dominate there is no need to

Bob

I hope they get all of Cannocks BU51 K** Mpd's , Truly shite buses!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk