News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 21, 2019, 01:02:39 PM
Didn't they operate the 609 (or was that Central Connect) at one stage.

Wasn't that the same tactic they pulled with AMPM, VIP and Central Connect on some south Birmingham and sandwell routes in 2009-2011
VIP famously ran a Dart on the Centro QE 99 tender now 19 that had a missing side passenger window before having all their contracts stripped.

sonic84

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 21, 2019, 01:21:47 PM
VIP famously ran a Dart on the Centro QE 99 tender now 19 that had a missing side passenger window before having all their contracts stripped.

Yes. I remember that VIP ran the tender but didn't NXWM also run it commercially at the same time. It wasn't unusual to see a VIP and NXWM following each other on a Sunday!

richardjones210368

Quote from: sonic84 on December 21, 2019, 01:43:21 PM
Yes. I remember that VIP ran the tender but didn't NXWM also run it commercially at the same time. It wasn't unusual to see a VIP and NXWM following each other on a Sunday!
Yes you are quite right VIP ran commercialy against WMT in the daytimes to the QE s and then they ran the evening tender having One Foot In The Grave I use the 636 637 99 244 19 or whatever the number is this week regularly VIP I am not sure understood the word timetable and the buses perhaps not the best for wear but it was excellent to see someone take aim at WMT its just VIP were even worse!

Lukeee

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 21, 2019, 01:21:47 PM

Recall them swapping reg plates on some of their darts also

richardjones210368

Quote from: Lukeee on December 21, 2019, 04:30:30 PM
Recall them swapping reg plates on some of their darts also
Yes & you can take three guesses who reported the matter to the traffic commissioner I was so looking forward to their public enquiry held round the corner from my office in George Rd their receptionist at Office of Traffic Commissioner says they need a loyalty scheme for the amount of time I spend in there but its so handy it made me laugh yesterday one of the posters asked about why the traffic commissioners don't step in on my X8 woes well its funny they posted it shows they knew nothing about how buses are regulated the OfTC only act on information provided I haven't got enough evidence yet to submit and present to the OfTC for the route to be checked statutory but give me time and................................................

Steveminor

I remember VIP operating a trident with an ex ampm dart reg. I was asked "as a solihull traffic warden" to get photographic evidence. So when I took out my camera the driver threw everyone off at solihull hospital pulled the plates off & drove away with mo reg plates., I photographed everything.
Regarding the TC when it comes to taking action ld caagainst operators, their hands are tied when it comes to large operators on what action can be taken after all if he withdrew nx o licence or even Diamond bus for that matter then that would cause significant disruption to thousands of travelling passengers.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Steveminor on December 23, 2019, 07:53:19 PM
I remember VIP operating a trident with an ex ampm dart reg. I was asked "as a solihull traffic warden" to get photographic evidence. So when I took out my camera the driver threw everyone off at solihull hospital pulled the plates off & drove away with mo reg plates., I photographed everything.
Regarding the TC when it comes to taking action ld caagainst operators, their hands are tied when it comes to large operators on what action can be taken after all if he withdrew nx o licence or even Diamond bus for that matter then that would cause significant disruption to thousands of travelling passengers.
Yes thats quite mate the OfTC will only ever act as a last resort as with VIP and now with R&B on the 292 based on evidence based submissions I mean the perfect example of Catch 22 powers is the Diamond Bus Enquiry in the Stourport Civic Buildings a few years back whos for a bit of free travel then. My piont on the X8 is enough evidence to trigger route monitoring by the OfTC in order in.the long run for everyone to get a better reliable.service I dont think even I would ever want West Midlands Travel Ltd to lose thier O licence! Hope all is going well with you and  your family not too many sleepless nights!!!! HAPPPY CHRISTMAS AND BEST WISHES.

richardjones210368

Christmas has started my Diamond 4H is smack on time with a B7 on it towards WEST BROM this morning no sign of Santa using it though........

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 24, 2019, 08:01:55 AM
Christmas has started my Diamond 4H is smack on time with a B7 on it towards WEST BROM this morning no sign of Santa using it though........
It's not going to Walsall then? If it's 'bang smack on time' shouldn't it be going down to Walsall and not West Brom?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 24, 2019, 11:36:28 AM
It's not going to Walsall then? If it's 'bang smack on time' shouldn't it be going down to Walsall and not West Brom?
I was only going to West Brom on it i fully expect at some point it would have arrived in Walsall just come back on for the first time  an ex Central Buses Excel to Gorsty Hill after lane swimming this Diamond Bus was also on time & one would hope at some point today it would reach Hayley Green but who knows it like and its a busy day for him with donkeys and wise men  "is the pope catholic" isnt it?

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 24, 2019, 11:48:01 AM
I was only going to West Brom on it i fully expect at some point it would have arrived in Walsall just come back on for the first time  an ex Central Buses Excel to Gorsty Hill after lane swimming this Diamond Bus was also on time & one would hope at some point today it would reach Hayley Green but who knows it like and its a busy day for him with donkeys and wise men  "is the pope catholic" isnt it?
It's a Versa, not an Excel. They can handle hills pretty well.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 24, 2019, 12:56:24 PM
Righto it remind me of Blackpools Excels sorry never been on a Versa before in my life an early christmas present your right though decent buses I grant you love the very bright hanover! @Tony can breath a sigh of relief am meeting my mates at The Stag tonight but have taken the wise decision to get the last Diamond Bus 231 of the day , I do love a Mellor and its 80s disco PA no one wants me ranting about the X8 on Xmas Eve do they! HAPPY CHRISTMAS @Jack

MW

Quote from: Jack on December 24, 2019, 12:56:24 PM

Those Versas are probably the fastest buses I've ever driven. Well 30967/68 were anyway.

30168 (Streetlite) & 30967 (Versa) were once "lined up" in Solihull and 30967 left the Streetlite for dust lol.

richardjones210368

Quote from: MW on December 24, 2019, 01:09:31 PM
Those Versas are probably the fastest buses I've ever driven. Well 30967/68 were anyway.

30168 (Streetlite) & 30967 (Versa) were once "lined up" in Solihull and 30967 left the Streetlite for dust lol.
To be honest after using one I am surprised it wasnt more popular it seems head and shoulders over a E200 it must have bern the cost and NBV writedown value for the big groups.

Trident 4194

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 24, 2019, 01:07:35 PM
Righto it remind me of Blackpools Excels sorry never been on a Versa before in my life an early christmas present your right though decent buses I grant you love the very bright hanover! @Tony can breath a sigh of relief am meeting my mates at The Stag tonight but have taken the wise decision to get the last Diamond Bus 231 of the day , I do love a Mellor and its 80s disco PA no one wants me ranting about the X8 on Xmas Eve do they! HAPPY CHRISTMAS @Jack

Never understand the drivers who drive those in silence. Wtf is wrong with them? You have a radio and will rather sit in silence

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk