News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 20, 2019, 04:41:34 PM
The 48 is one of the most reliable bus services that nx operate. I travel on it every day twice a day very rarely late at all.
It was today totally unreliable!!!

Rob T

DRIVE THEN, stop moaning about NXWM, its getting boring.

Your moaning about a bus service that runs every 20 minutes, not every journey is going to be perfect, road conditions see to that....

I would love to have a bus service every 20 minutes to my stop, neh even every 30 minutes or an hourly service, but no I don't, I have one every 1hour 40minutes. And that is only when the Schools are off and a Saturday, I don't have a sunday service at all. It doesn't run to time at all, big bottle neck mid route, sometimes runs 20plus mins late if I am lucky, can't rely on it for anything important. And when it doesn't show like once last week, (got turned) I have a 3 and a half gap....

Think yourself lucky..

Diamond isn't the greatest operator in the WM, neither are they the worst....

I will believe Tony's word about a bus turning up when it does and doesn't over you. Diamond run late all the time, but because you see them thru rose tinted glasses it doesn't matter.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 04:20:22 PM
Ok if you say so. Hopefully I will have no need of your rotten bus service again till 7th January today was a hospital call back that came out of the blue to the QE so Have A Very Merry Christmas Tony.

To be honest you don't have to use the "rotten bus service" again, if the service is so "terrible" find an alternative.

But no you just moan and moan spoiling the forum for everyone else.

The X8 is operated by 66reg Enviro 400 MMCs in Platinum livery which are operated by many operators around the country, to get such success they can hardly be crumby buses, in fact i travelled on several a few weeks ago and was really impressed by how clean they still are and the services I travelled on were 100% to time.

You have complained that the services are running late, yet you have been told that the service you catch was on time, then you try and fudge the argument by saying the buses weren't reporting.

I hear that if buses aren't being operated correctly, the operators can be called up in front of the Traffic Commissioner, strange I haven't heard that National Express have been so all i can assume is someone has a grudge against National Express.

My solution, easy, withdraw the X8, reinstate the 140 but renumbered 14B, hourly service with E200 shorts then you might have cause to complain and moan.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 20, 2019, 04:55:58 PM
My solution, easy, withdraw the X8, reinstate the 140 but renumbered 14B, hourly service with E200 shorts then you might have cause to complain and moan.

My solution is better. Get a mugshot of this guy and any X8 drivers who see him waiting, just continue driving.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 20, 2019, 04:55:58 PM
To be honest you don't have to use the "rotten bus service" again, if the service is so "terrible" find an alternative.

But no you just moan and moan spoiling the forum for everyone else.

The X8 is operated by 66reg Enviro 400 MMCs in Platinum livery which are operated by many operators around the country, to get such success they can hardly be crumby buses, in fact i travelled on several a few weeks ago and was really impressed by how clean they still are and the services I travelled on were 100% to time.

You have complained that the services are running late, yet you have been told that the service you catch was on time, then you try and fudge the argument by saying the buses weren't reporting.

I hear that if buses aren't being operated correctly, the operators can be called up in front of the Traffic Commissioner, strange I haven't heard that National Express have been so all i can assume is someone has a grudge against National Express.

To me that is the perfect solution an hourly 14B that turned up with buses like the B6s which were perfect on the 140 & 258 and gave it such a reliable service what a good idea would you suggest it to NXWM they might listern to you & I have to use an alternative most days its called the 13A

richardjones210368

Quote from: MW on December 20, 2019, 04:58:34 PM
My solution is better. Get a mugshot of this guy and any X8 drivers who see him waiting, just continue driving.
Thats what they usually do now!

richardjones210368

Quote from: Rob T on December 20, 2019, 04:44:38 PM
DRIVE THEN, stop moaning about NXWM, its getting boring.

Your moaning about a bus service that runs every 20 minutes, not every journey is going to be perfect, road conditions see to that....

I would love to have a bus service every 20 minutes to my stop, neh even every 30 minutes or an hourly service, but no I don't, I have one every 1hour 40minutes. And that is only when the Schools are off and a Saturday, I don't have a sunday service at all. It doesn't run to time at all, big bottle neck mid route, sometimes runs 20plus mins late if I am lucky, can't rely on it for anything important. And when it doesn't show like once last week, (got turned) I have a 3 and a half gap....

Think yourself lucky..

Diamond isn't the greatest operator in the WM, neither are they the worst....

I will believe Tony's word about a bus turning up when it does and doesn't over you. Diamond run late all the time, but because you see them thru rose tinted glasses it doesn't matter.
Come & live in Blackheath you would feel right at home if you have such a terrible bus service too and the Diamond 231 was the only bus on time today need I say more. Good old Diamond

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 04:43:57 PM
It was today totally unreliable!!!

Just seen this on Facebook from DIAMOND BUSES

"Delays to our 50 Service due to high congestion around the city centre"

Seems National Express aren't the only operator experiencing problems today.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 20, 2019, 05:14:33 PM
Just seen this on Facebook from DIAMOND BUSES

"Delays to our 50 Service due to high congestion around the city centre"

Seems National Express aren't the only operator experiencing problems today.
My Diamond Bus  231 was smack on time I cant comment on others sadly.

Trident 4194

The 4Hs are running early/ on time the majority of them this evening now. Very surprising indeed. Suppose those slow working men on the m5 junction 1 have gave up for Christmas, hence why it's moving so smoothly

richardjones210368

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 20, 2019, 05:53:08 PM
The 4Hs are running early/ on time the majority of them this evening now. Very surprising indeed. Suppose those slow working men on the m5 junction 1 have gave up for Christmas, hence why it's moving so smoothly
Excellent news good old Diamond BusI I had noticed looking out of Spoons Blackheath meeting my non bus using mates for Fish Friday about an hour ago 2 NXWM 4Hs running together towards West Bromwich need I say more...............

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 05:57:55 PM
Excellent news good old Diamond BusI I had noticed looking out of Spoons Blackheath meeting my non bus using mates for Fish Friday about an hour ago 2 NXWM 4Hs running together towards West Bromwich need I say more...............

NO!!!

Jack

Shame you didn't make a New Years resolution to not moan about the 'state' of Blackheath's buses, because they aren't in any bad state whatsoever! It's just Diamond and all their liveries that they throw on YOUR favourite 4H!

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 07:47:43 PM
Shame you didn't make a New Years resolution to not moan about the 'state' of Blackheath's buses, because they aren't in any bad state whatsoever! It's just Diamond and all their liveries that they throw on YOUR favourite 4H!
We havent got to New Years Resolutions yet Jack and you tell me honestly Blackheath has not got a worse bus service now than 2017 when there were 4 140/241s across the Rowley Road not 3 , 3 120As and 2 289s to Lion Farm not 4, 4 127/9s per hour off peak not 2 and a reliable 140 to Birmingham and convince me that Blackheaths buses are better today and not in a right old state from NXWM using Blackheath as a CASH COW aside from the Diamond 4H?

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 07:56:08 PM
We havent got to New Years Resolutions yet Jack and you tell me honestly Blackheath has now got a worse bus service than 2017 when there were 4 140/241s across the Rowley Road, 3 120As and 2 289s to Lion Farm, 3 127/9s per hour off peak and a reliable 140 to Birmingham and convince me the state of Blackheaths buses are better today aside from the Diamond 4H?
No it's better, less bus services that were in all fairness not needing a replacement. Let's start with the 129, which it's replacement had already been withdrawn, the pointless 13B. Which the 13A is now working. The 127 was a little pointless after Blackheath to Dudley, again this section was tendered and the roads the 127 served had more frequent services at either end. And hardly anyone used the 127 from end to end because it just took forever. Yes a reliable 140 which the X8 has replaced and is limited stop along Hagley Road West/Hagley Road. Lion Farm doesn't require a high frequency, it's a small area and Stuart Road doesn't require a high frequency at all!

Already been mentioned that the Omnilinks on the 4/4H/4M have all been Crimsoned and look loads better than what they did. Even the B7RLE's that regularly put onto the routes are in good condition. The X8 is Platinum operated, and that is better than a 16 year old Trident on the 140, let alone with high backed seats, WiFi and next stop announcements. The tendered routes are operated by SWB E200's that have Euro 6 traps and one is in Crimson. The 3 and 3A are operated by Crimson Omnilinks, it's the Diamond's that alternatively let it down!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk