News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Blackheath Bus Services

Started by Pat, November 30, 2019, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 08:23:18 PM
No it's better, less bus services that were in all fairness not needing a replacement. Let's start with the 129, which it's replacement had already been withdrawn, the pointless 13B. Which the 13A is now working. The 127 was a little pointless after Blackheath to Dudley, again this section was tendered and the roads the 127 served had more frequent services at either end. And hardly anyone used the 127 from end to end because it just took forever. Yes a reliable 140 which the X8 has replaced and is limited stop along Hagley Road West/Hagley Road. Lion Farm doesn't require a high frequency, it's a small area and Stuart Road doesn't require a high frequency at all!

Already been mentioned that the Omnilinks on the 4/4H/4M have all been Crimsoned and look loads better than what they did. Even the B7RLE's that regularly put onto the routes are in good condition. The X8 is Platinum operated, and that is better than a 16 year old Trident on the 140, let alone with high backed seats, WiFi and next stop announcements. The tendered routes are operated by SWB E200's that have Euro 6 traps and one is in Crimson. The 3 and 3A are operated by Crimson Omnilinks, it's the Diamond's that alternatively let it down!
Thats not what I posted Jack I said the level of bus services Blackheath had in 2017 and the current pitifull state of what NXWM is running today. I regularly see standing loads on the 3 & 3A perhaps you dont. A unreliable Platnum X8 giving stop start announcements is NOT better than a 16 year old Trident when it doesnt turn up at 06.48 do you use it ? The 127 I used to Dudley always carried good loads its reduced to hourly. It is an utter disgrace NXWM are using buses over 10 years on a trunk route its taking passengers for fools. Diamond uses far superior brand new Mellors on its tenders as I used on the 231 this afternoon. NXWM have increased thier margins at the expense of Blackheath passengers when you compere 2017 & 2019 which is why a QEP needs to be agreed asap. I had no complaints about WMT before 2018 when I realised they were using thier monopoly to use Blackheath as a Cash Cow thankfully there are the powers in.The Buses Act for TfWM to reverse this.

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 08:31:39 PM
Thats not what I posted Jack I said the level of bus services Blackheath had in 2017 and the current pitifull state of what NXWM is running today NXWM have increased thier margins at the ecpense of Blackheath passengers when you compere 2017 & 2019 which is why a QEP needs to be agreed asap. I had no complaints about WMT before 2018 when I realised they were using thier monopoly to use Blackheath as a Cash Cow thankfully there are the powers in.The Buses Act for TfWM to reverse this.
Well make it more clear then! You didn't say anything about 'Blackheath's level of bus services'! Maybe you should exactly explain NX's 'pitiful state' because from what I can see they aren't pitiful, it's only you moaning about the X8 of which you make and claim is 'pitiful'. What monopoly? NX only do better because they are the main operator in Blackheath and the West Mids and the high majority of people have NX travel passes, whereas Diamond run a few services and generally for some routes just pick the slack NX don't get. Oh and NX don't throw buses onto services that struggle up the slightest of inclines... at least they sort the buses issues, even if it takes a few months, they still fix it as they want to provide their passengers with a good service.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 08:39:03 PM
Well make it more clear then! You didn't say anything about 'Blackheath's level of bus services'! Maybe you should exactly explain NX's 'pitiful state' because from what I can see they aren't pitiful, it's only you moaning about the X8 of which you make and claim is 'pitiful'. What monopoly? NX only do better because they are the main operator in Blackheath and the West Mids and the high majority of people have NX travel passes, whereas Diamond run a few services and generally for some routes just pick the slack NX don't get. Oh and NX don't throw buses onto services that struggle up the slightest of inclines... at least they sort the buses issues, even if it takes a few months, they still fix it as they want to provide their passengers with a good service.
I posted this" tell me honestly Blackheath has not got a worse bus service now than 2017"  Your answer did not answer any of my points about the state of Blackheaths buses today & in 2017 sadly does it do you ever actually use them I fear not as you fail to see the god awfull service NXWM operates in Blackheath funny that!

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 08:43:41 PM
That doesnt answer any of my points about the state of Blackheaths buses does it do you ever actually use them I fear not!
Clearly I don't use them, hence I wouldn't know Rowley Regis or the surrounding areas and not have a good knowledge of them!!!!! Yes I do use them often and see them often especially the 4's. You asked about the state of Blackheath's buses and then gave no further reference of what you were talking about until you last reply (the levels), all I could of said was that you was talking about the state of the buses themselves, not the levels of the services! For the life of the X8, Blackheath's other bus services and members of this forum, get a car instead of whinging gripe everyday!

Oh yeah I fail to see what NX has done soooo bad to Blackheath, because from what I see they've made it better, and also listened to the people of Blackheath and Rowley in the consultation last year. What would you rather have? An X8 operated with high spec and limited stops or the 140 being operated with 16 year old Tridents and stopping at every stop?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 08:51:47 PM
Clearly I don't use them, hence I wouldn't know Rowley Regis or the surrounding areas well!!!! Yes I do use them often and see them often especially the 4's. You asked about the state of Blackheath's buses and then gave no further reference of what you were talking about until you last reply (the levels), all I could of said was that you was talking about the state of the buses themselves, not the levels of the services! For the life of the X8, Blackheath's other bus services and members of this forum, get a car instead of whinging gripe everyday!
I am not referring to Rowley Regis it has not existed since 1974 anyway my posts are on Blackheath. I was critsened in Rowley Regis Church St Giles in 1968 and it has a railway station but my posts are on BLACKHEATH and its links. I do not think NXWM took any notice of Blackheath in the consultation save for Bell End keeping its bus service and why would I want a Limited Stop Platnum that didnt turn up at 12.50 today over a Trident thst always did answer me that? Why get a car when I love buses and you do not answer the question do you use the 3  3A X8  13A 14 14A 24 as well as the X8 as regular as I use them to comment objectively on the state of Blackheaths bus service before criticizing my comments when all I want is Blackheaths buses restored to the level of demand and not have the town treated as a cash cow for an PLCs shareholders that is what idea of the QEPs are which are hopefully coming to Blackheath in due in course.

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 09:05:32 PM
I am not referring to Rowley Regis it has not existed since 1974 anyway my posts are on Blackheath. I was critsened in Rowley Regis Church St Giles in 1968 and it has a railway station but my posts are on BLACKHEATH and its links. I do not think NXWM took any notice of Blackheath in the consultation save for Bell End keeping its bus service and why would I want a Limited Stop Platnum that didnt turn up at 12.50 today over a Trident thst always did answer me that? Why get a car when I love buses and you do not answer the question do you use the 3  3A X8  13A 14 14A 24 as well as the X8 as regular as I use them to comment objectively on the state of Blackheaths bus service before criticizing my comments when all I want is Blackheaths buses restored to the level of demand and not have the town treated as a cash cow for an PLCs shareholders that is what idea of the QEPs are which are hopefully coming to Blackheath in due in course.
Hmm, seen as Blackheath is just the name of the name of the town centre, which is apart of Rowley Regis, like Rowley Village...
Has it not come across to you that NX may have taken the more frequent bus service from Bell End and Mincing Lane because it doesn't require it and doesn't have many people using it? You should be grateful NX have decided to let a bus still serve the roads, and from experience not many people use it, hence because there is more frequent services at either end and take less time than the to get to a place than the 14A does. At first you thought my decisions for Rowley and Blackheath were good, because I actually explained them in enough detail which can't be said for some of yours, makes me wonder do you ride buses for the sake of moaning about them not following your expectations? Oh an X8 didn't turn up, I thought you was going to whinge about it until the 7th January 2020? I've used the routes enough to make up my own judgement of them, if I didn't know them then you wouldn't hear me say anything in your so called beloved Blackheath thread! Where you are in denial about every single bus! I'm criticising your opinions because I don't agree with them, I'm allowed to have my opinions and you have yours, it's my freedom of speech. So I can say what I want regardless like you can say what you want. And it brings discussions... but you don't like it because you think you are best with X8, I'm not and know you aren't either...

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 09:21:53 PM
Hmm, seen as Blackheath is just the name of the name of the town centre, which is apart of Rowley Regis, like Rowley Village...
Has it not come across to you that NX may have taken the more frequent bus service from Bell End and Mincing Lane because it doesn't require it and doesn't have many people using it? You should be grateful NX have decided to let a bus still serve the roads, and from experience not many people use it, hence because there is more frequent services at either end and take less time than the to get to a place than the 14A does. At first you thought my decisions for Rowley and Blackheath were good, because I actually explained them in enough detail which can't be said for some of yours, makes me wonder do you ride buses for the sake of moaning about them not following your expectations? Oh an X8 didn't turn up, I thought you was going to whinge about it until the 7th January 2020? I've used the routes enough to make up my own judgement of them, if I didn't know them then you wouldn't hear me say anything in your so called beloved Blackheath thread! Where you are in denial about every single bus! I'm criticising your opinions because I don't agree with them, I'm allowed to have my opinions and you have yours, it's my freedom of speech. So I can say what I want regardless like you can say what you want. And it brings discussions... but you don't like it because you think you are best with X8, I'm not and know you aren't either...
Well funny enough the 127 was commercial but the PLC wanted NXWM to increase its margins hence the Bell End changes, that is one example of shareholder greed over company best practice and yes I see where your coming from with the 14A & 24. I use buses to get from A to B I had to use the X8 or not as it transpired as I had a call back to go the QE for a biopsy or I wouldn't have been on it I really enjoy your opinions and thoughts on Blackheath buses as it give me an insight to others thoughts aside to chatting at the bus stop and we all voted last Thursday so your opinion count but can you really say you use the X8 as much as me & for someone who loves buses so much why was I so happy with the timetable pre September 2018 compared with now & as someone born well in Brum but bought up in Blackheath all my life & are well known in the town I keep having everyone asking me when are you going to get the busses sorted Rich day after day at the bus stop and that is what I intend to do one way or another @Jack hopefully through a QEP in the long term it all depends on the Mayor Elections in May if Andy wins we can work with the operators if and its a big if another party wins as Mayor then its franchising here we come & nobody wants that even in Blackheath!

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 09:38:10 PM
Well funny enough the 127 was commercial but the PLC wanted NXWM to increase its margins hence the Bell End changes, that is one example of shareholder greed over company best practice and yes I see where your coming from with the 14A & 24. I use buses to get from A to B I had to use the X8 or not as it transpired as I had a call back to go the QE for a biopsy or I wouldn't have been on it I really enjoy your opinions and thoughts on Blackheath buses as it give me an insight to others thoughts aside to chatting at the bus stop and we all voted last Thursday so your opinion count but can you really say you use the X8 as much as me & for someone who loves buses so much why was I so happy with the timetable pre September 2018 compared with now & as someone born well in Brum but bought up in Blackheath all my life & are well known in the town I keep having everyone asking me when are you going to get the busses sorted Rich day after day at the bus stop and that is what I intend to do one way or another @Jack hopefully through a QEP in the long term it all depends on the Mayor Elections in May if Andy wins we can work with the operators if and its a big if another party wins as Mayor then its franchising here we come & nobody wants that even in Blackheath!
Was it? I'm sure the Blackheath to Dudley section was tendered hence it never ran evenings and Sundays. I'm regular with that side of the Black Country, I spent most of my younger self all round Sandwell, and I have family who work and live around it... and I'm familiar with the area's, I still go to Rowley often now, hence why I have knowledge of these services. If the local councillor was to get involved would they not get in touch with Sandwell and NX?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 20, 2019, 09:50:22 PM
Was it? I'm sure the Blackheath to Dudley section was tendered hence it never ran evenings and Sundays. I'm regular with that side of the Black Country, I spent most of my younger self all round Sandwell, and I have family who work and live around it... and I'm familiar with the area's, I still go to Rowley often now, hence why I have knowledge of these services. If the local councillor was to get involved would they not get in touch with Sandwell and NX?
No only evenings and some sunday journeys were tendered when it was the Diamond Bus 205 interestingly  @Jack WMT once withdrew the 127 & 128 on a Evening & Sunday hoping to win it on tender only for Central Buses to win the Centro tender. WMT  reregistered the route commercially quickly that's one example of WMTs tactics anyway mate were both on the same side so lets agree to disagree on some points and move on that's what life's all about and look carefully at some of my posts I cant post it on here but I really do not need to contact local councillors, NXWM,.James Morris MP or even TfWM hasn't it made you wonder why I seem.such an annoying know all & why I mention the excellent Metro Mayor we have leading the WMCA  so so much now I wonder who I was at Harvard with studying for my MBA with..........................

MW

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 10:03:12 PM
No only evenings and some sunday journeys were tendered when it was the Diamond Bus 205 interestingly  @Jack WMT once withdrew the 127 & 128 on a Evening & Sunday hoping to win it on tender only for Central Buses to win the Centro tender. WMT  reregistered the route commercially quickly that's one example of WMTs tactics anyway mate were both on the same side so lets agree to disagree on some points and move on that's what life's all about and look carefully at some of my posts I cant post it on here but I really do not need to contact local councillors, NXWM,.James Morris MP or even TfWM hasn't it made you wonder why I seem.such an annoying know all & why I mention the excellent Metro Mayor we have leading the WMCA  so so much now I wonder who I was at Harvard with studying for my MBA with..........................

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure NX did the same tactic for the 31 (Acocks Green to Solihull) which was up for tender with the ex-Signature services in Solihull. In the end, NX retained it commercially.

Westy

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 10:03:12 PM

Hang on.

Central put in for an evening & Sunday tender?

They never operated evening & Sundays anywhere as far as I know!

the trainbasher

Quote from: Westy on December 21, 2019, 11:46:00 AM
Hang on.

Didn't they operate the 609 (or was that Central Connect) at one stage.

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 10:03:12 PM@Jack WMT once withdrew the 127 & 128 on a Evening & Sunday hoping to win it on tender only for Central Buses to win the Centro tender. WMT  reregistered the route commercially quickly that's one example of WMTs tactics anyway

Wasn't that the same tactic they pulled with AMPM, VIP and Central Connect on some south Birmingham and sandwell routes in 2009-2011

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 20, 2019, 09:38:10 PM
Elections in May if Andy wins we can work with the operators if and its a big if another party wins as Mayor then its franchising here we come & nobody wants that even in Blackheath!

Franchising is good though as it means that it'd stop the monopoly NX have in some areas (such as parts of the Dudley borough where the main corridors are majority NX operated - Dudley to Stourbridge, Dudley to Merry Hill, Stourbridge to Hales for example)

Conservatives like Andy Street are obsessed with playing trams and not bothered about cuts to local bus services. There again Street is a typical Tory thinking about fat cats and not the ordinary bloke on the street)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Westy on December 21, 2019, 11:46:00 AM
Hang on.

Yes it was a complete surprise when the tender was awarded to Central Buses as I agree it was far from the norm for Geoff in the event the tender was cancelled after WMT registered the route commercially which it still is as the 13 & 13A

richardjones210368

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 21, 2019, 01:07:28 PM
Franchising is good though as it means that it'd stop the monopoly NX have in some areas (such as parts of the Dudley borough where the main corridors are majority NX operated - Dudley to Stourbridge, Dudley to Merry Hill, Stourbridge to Hales for example)

Conservatives like Andy Street are obsessed with playing trams and not bothered about cuts to local bus services. There again Street is a typical Tory thinking about fat cats and not the ordinary bloke on the street)
Franchising is unlikely in the West Midlands unless there is a change of party for Mayor. To be fair Andy Street pushed through the Bus Partnerships on 42 and 43 & 31 & 32 which have been the pilot for QEPs & EPs which the WMCA plan to move forward with in the second mayoral term and although no one seems to have told NXWM according to @Tony but I have attended meetings when its been agreed by the top management the aim is for West Midlands Bus livery to be universal  by the Commonwealth Games and I can assure TfWM is unrecognisable on the buses side from Centro he has really be driving force behind the scenes for a better bus service together with putting a lot of resources into Swift the plan now is to utilise The Buses Act across the West Midlands and there is nothing that is a typical Tory about Andy like myself he has not come from a background of a Tory Toff like Boris & his lot he is most genuine level headed politician I have ever met and constantly puts others ahead of himself it will be up to electorate in May to decide if they agree.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk