News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: DJ on January 27, 2021, 03:55:00 PM

That section seems to suggest the 229 goes down the 11/11A route to the Pie Factory, whereas it doesn't serve that section of Dudley Road.

Another thing, the WB5 on the map is coloured yellow to suggest route branding, which it hasn't had for a while now. If that had a yellow colour for it's branding though, surely routes like the 16, 74, 226 etc should have coloured lines on the map to match their route branding?

I'll let you know if I spot anything else that needs sorting on it.

Hi @DJ

Thanks for this...

I look forwrd to hearing from you if you find anything else!! 😁
I take your point about the 5, 16 & 74, howevere with the 226 as its not a NX route they will probably not add it as a branded route...As its NX who pay for the two publications that are currently produced.. Nx wanted the S&D map and Coventry map colour coded... I think with the other areas it would make it a litte bit confusing as some routes cross over into several area maps.

Bus Man K2

Just wondering has anybody else found any mistakes on the S&D map?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 28, 2021, 12:17:13 PM
Just wondering has anybody else found any mistakes on the S&D map?
Yes, there is a problem with the 80.

It doesn't serve Wilkinson Avenue, and only serves Brierley Lane as far as Batmans Hill Road, where it does the loop round Weddell Wynd & Peter Avenue.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 28, 2021, 12:29:39 PM
Yes, there is a problem with the 80.

It doesn't serve Wilkinson Avenue, and only serves Brierley Lane as far as Batmans Hill Road, where it does the loop round Weddell Wynd & Peter Avenue.

Hi @Pat thanks for that..

I don't understand the Wilkinson Avenue bit if what you're saying.. As it isn't mentioned on on Wilkinson Ave.. however the 53 is and that is correct... 😁

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 28, 2021, 12:42:15 PM
Hi @Pat thanks for that..

I don't understand the Wilkinson Avenue bit if what you're saying.. As it isn't mentioned on on Wilkinson Ave.. however the 53 is and that is correct... 😁
Ah sorry, missed that.  Yes, Wilkinson Ave is fine, it's just Brierley Lane that needs sorting

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 28, 2021, 12:43:22 PM
Ah sorry, missed that.  Yes, Wilkinson Ave is fine, it's just Brierley Lane that needs sorting

That's ok we all make mistakes!! you can see whow TfWM do!!! 😁

In Dudley how many services operate along Trindle Road.... May be @Tony is the best person to answer this?! 😁

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 28, 2021, 12:50:25 PM
That's ok we all make mistakes!! you can see whow TfWM do!!! 😁

In Dudley how many services operate along Trindle Road.... May be @Tony is the best person to answer this?! 😁
Yes, it's somewhat confusing having multiple different services shown as the same colour.

Only the 11/A use Trindle Road.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 28, 2021, 12:56:33 PM
Yes, it's somewhat confusing having multiple different services shown as the same colour.

Only the 11/A use Trindle Road.

Hi @Pat

Thanks for that.... didnt the 74 used to do Trindle Road? I also thought there was a few others that did it... obviously not though!! 😁

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 28, 2021, 01:26:26 PM
Hi @Pat

Thanks for that.... didnt the 74 used to do Trindle Road? I also thought there was a few others that did it... obviously not though!! 😁
No, the 74, 87, 126 & 229 all use Castle Hill

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 28, 2021, 01:46:27 PM
No, the 74, 87, 126 & 229 all use Castle Hill

Didn't the 74 used to?  As I did travel on it and it did do Trindle Road... So it's obviously changed again since I travelled on it!!! -

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 28, 2021, 01:50:04 PM
Didn't the 74 used to?  As I did travel on it and it did do Trindle Road... So it's obviously changed again since I travelled on it!!! -

Don't think the 74 has changed in many years except for roadworks

Pat

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2021, 01:51:15 PM
Yes, the 74, 87, 126 & 229 were using Trindle Road temporarily due to roadworks, but are back to normal line of route.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2021, 01:51:15 PM

I can safley say when I travelled on it it there wasn't any roadworks... So that's why I'm asking as it did do Trindle Road on journeys outbound to Birmingham..

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 28, 2021, 01:57:10 PM
Yes, the 74, 87, 126 & 229 were using Trindle Road temporarily due to roadworks, but are back to normal kin of route.

It was strange then as you can probably see what I said to @Tony.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 28, 2021, 01:57:53 PM
I can safley say when I travelled on it it there wasn't any roadworks... So that's why I'm asking as it did do Trindle Road on journeys outbound to Birmingham..
Recently, due to Castle Hill metro works, everything has been diverted.  The 74 has always gone up Castle Hill normally.

I've not been down Castle Hill for a while, so not sure if the works are still there?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk