News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on December 27, 2019, 12:51:56 AM
From what I saw last Friday, the services were  running late due to heavy congestion and lots of services were having problems.
Have to presume you don't look out the window when your on the bus either, so have never seen any of the congestion.
Presumably this 231 Service isn't a major service and doesn't go through many congestion points either then.

Not sure why it even matters that a service was running late late on December 20th a whole week later.
I didnt bring it up  someone quoted a post from last Friday but Hagley Rd was running free last Friday I used it there were no hold ups the pittifull level of service on the X8 & PN9.was due to incompetence of the operator not the traffic there was NO congestion & today if NXWM cant run a reliable sunday service on Boxing Day which I used today when can they?

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on December 27, 2019, 01:13:02 AM
You did bring it up.
I quoted last Fridays shambles as the last example of what we have to put up with in Blackheath on the X8 it wasnt bought up as a random afterthought but the last time I attempted to use it, you quoted Tonys reply post from last Friday which was frankly ridiculous as there were no delays on Hagley Rd.  I have no interest in last Friday other than than when the X8 failed to turn up as ever at its timetabled departure time if it wasn't for Diamond Bus 4H arriving I would have missed my appointment for my my biopsy for a test for cancer at the QE which is disgracefull so no one on this forum defend West Midlands Travel Ltd for their utter incompetence in running a decent bus service in Blackheath on the X8 you dont have to use it I do.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 27, 2019, 01:19:33 AM
I quoted last Fridays shambles as the last example of what we have to put up with in Blackheath on the X8 it wasnt bought up as a random afterthought but the last time I attempted to use it, you quoted Tonys reply post from last Friday which was frankly ridiculous as there were no delays on Hagley Rd.  I have no interest in last Friday other than than when the X8 failed to turn up as ever at its timetabled departure time if it wasn't for Diamond Bus 4H arriving I would have missed my appointment for my my biopsy for a test for cancer at the QE which is disgracefull so no one on this forum defend West Midlands Travel Ltd for their utter incompetence in running a decent bus service in Blackheath on the X8 you dont have to use it I do.

I was enjoying reading the WEST DUDLEY consultation thread and it has become the X8/Wolverhampton/Blackheath services are a shambles bashing thread.

Will you just shut up and talk about the above topic? The only reason the X8 should be brought up in this thread is the fact it's going interworking with the new 8!!!

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

richardjones210368

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 27, 2019, 08:51:15 AM
I was enjoying reading the WEST DUDLEY consultation thread and it has become the X8/Wolverhampton/Blackheath services are a shambles bashing thread.

Will you just shut up and talk about the above topic? The only reason the X8 should be brought up in this thread is the fact it's going interworking with the new 8!!!
Yes a what an utter shambles that will be interworking with another board NXWM cant even operate it now without this idiotic plan from 26th January 2020 an nightmare prospect from a nightmare of a bus company god help us.

richardjones210368

Quote from: TinnedPeaches on December 27, 2019, 09:08:55 AM
This thread has become a complete joke. I don't come on here very often, but was interested to see the updates as there appeared to be many. Sifting through pages of off-topic negativity really turns me off using this otherwise excellent site. I'm sure I speak for numerous other users when I say: Please start new threads for general service bashing rather than cluttering up threads named for other distinct purposes.
I fail to see how the plans for the X8 from 26th January 2020 are not part of this thread as the service is clearly listed in the West Dudley Consultation Section of the NXWM website with a link to its new timetable if viewed or am I missing something?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 27, 2019, 09:30:48 AM
I fail to see how the plans for the X8 from 26th January 2020 are not part of this thread as the service is clearly listed in the West Dudley Consultation Section of the NXWM website with a link to its new timetable if viewed or am I missing something?

- The route of the X8 will not change. Buses will still run between Wolverhampton, Dudley and Birmingham up to every 20 minutes. The only bit that's changed for the X8 is the short runs are gone and interworking (which you can not judge before it starts) You do not know how much layover the buses will get at Wolverhampton which will compensate for any late working, duplicating certain runnings to help with peaks and timetables adjusted for any problem departures.

X10 Gornal Wood

richardjones210368

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 27, 2019, 09:49:29 AM
- The route of the X8 will not change. Buses will still run between Wolverhampton, Dudley and Birmingham up to every 20 minutes. The only bit that's changed for the X8 is the short runs are gone and interworking (which you can not judge before it starts) You do not know how much layover the buses will get at Wolverhampton which will compensate for any late working, duplicating certain runnings to help with peaks and timetables adjusted for any problem departures.
Thats the problem why have a consultation and not change anything this was the ideal oppprtunity to revise the X8 the new timetable is as bad as the old one and who in.the right minds wants a bus from Wolverhampton.to Birmingham via Blackheath every 20mins its the stupidst idea since the 993 & 994 NXWM have missed the oportunity to restore faith in it and sort the rotten service out typical of NXWM they listern.to no one after this failed so called consultation the sooner we get a QEP the better and thats what I am trying to persuade The Mayor to persue this as part of his reelection campgain after this abject failure.

Jack

The X8 is included in the consultation which people clearly didn't read, so it has a relevance here...

And to whoever whinged about the 4M, guess what that's what happens at this time of year on that route, gets stuck at every traffic hotspot and Merry Hill traffic clearly isn't helping, so what's the point in whinging about it?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 27, 2019, 10:00:34 AM
Thats the problem why have a consultation and not change anything this was the ideal oppprtunity to revise the X8 the new timetable is as bad as the old one and who in.the right minds wants a bus from Wolverhampton.to Birmingham via Blackheath every 20mins its the stupidst idea since the 993 & 994 NXWM have missed the oportunity to restore faith in it and sort the rotten service out typical of NXWM they listern.to no one after this failed so called consultation the sooner we get a QEP the better and thats what I am trying to persuade The Mayor to persue this as part of his reelection campgain after this abject failure.

To be honest I think the bulk of people using the X8 either use it between Wolverhampton and Dudley or Dudley and Birmingham.

Isn't the X8 the quickest between Brum and Dudley out of all the services?

Quote from: Jack on December 27, 2019, 01:43:30 PM
The X8 is included in the consultation which people clearly didn't read, so it has a relevance here...

And to whoever whinged about the 4M, guess what that's what happens at this time of year on that route, gets stuck at every traffic hotspot and Merry Hill traffic clearly isn't helping, so what's the point in whinging about it?

The X8 was included in the consultation but no changes made to the route just the timetable changes to compass the interworking with the 8.

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 27, 2019, 01:46:14 PM
To be honest I think the bulk of people using the X8 either use it between Wolverhampton and Dudley or Dudley and Birmingham.

Isn't the X8 the quickest between Brum and Dudley out of all the services?

The X8 was included in the consultation but no changes made to the route just the timetable changes to compass the interworking with the 8.
Personally I'd say the 126 is the fastest still, seeing that it doesn't serve the entirety of Hagley Road West, Quinton, Blackheath, Rowley Village and Dixon's Green... that's my opinion not what the other guy thinks...
Still a shame about the X7 but I blame the poor advertising...

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Jack on December 27, 2019, 01:49:24 PM
Personally I'd say the 126 is the fastest still, seeing that it doesn't serve the entirety of Hagley Road West, Quinton, Blackheath, Rowley Village and Dixon's Green... that's my opinion not what the other guy thinks...

I agree with that the X7 wasn't advertised as much X8 was two route already well used merged into one whilst the X7 was an express running of the 87 but missing out tividale and smethwock high street

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 27, 2019, 01:53:56 PM
I agree with that the X7 wasn't advertised as much X8 was two route already well used merged into one whilst the X7 was an express running of the 87 but missing out tividale and smethwock high street
And missing out Birchley Island to make is faster than the 126...  the X7 missed out all of Cape Hill and the length of Winson Green.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 27, 2019, 01:49:24 PM
Yes I fully agree @Jack I cannot see why NXWM do not operate a X8 all stops Wolverhampton.- Dudley - Birchley Crossings - Amber Tavern then Limited Stop to Colmore Row to replace 126 as its far far quicker on that route than via Rowley Road and have a half hourly 9A Dudley to Birmingham via Blackheath using all stops the current situiation is just madness with no stopping service from Quinton.Stag

Jack

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 27, 2019, 01:56:36 PM
Yes I fully agree @Jack I cannot see why NXWM do not operate a X8 all stops Wolverhampton.- Dudley - Birchley Crossings - Amber Tavern then Limited Stop to Colmore Row to replace 126 as its fat quicker on that route and have a half hourly 9A Dudley to Birmingham via Blackheath using all stops the current situiation is just madness.
That still wouldn't work... you'd have to it limited stop along Wolves Road and cut out Birchley, however works at the island are to start this time next year so if the 126 could use the proposed under pass that would save the queueing at the lights... unless you reintroduce the 140... then Blackheath doesn't need to keep on being messed about with... or does Rowley Regis as a whole.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on December 27, 2019, 01:59:59 PM
That still wouldn't work... you'd have to it limited stop along Wolves Road and cut out Birchley, however works at the island are to start this time next year so if the 126 could use the proposed under pass that would save the queueing at the lights... unless you reintroduce the 140... then Blackheath doesn't need to keep on being messed about with... or does Rowley Regis as a whole.
Fair point I use the 9A and not 140 to make it easier for customers to Quinton to understand it follows the same route and stops along Hagley Rd .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk