News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 23, 2019, 08:22:51 PM
Wolverhampton will operate the 8 with Pensnett getting the 17 17A and 57 so its been mooted.
I think Pensnett might operate the odd journey on the 8. I.E there is an early morning journey on the 8 which runs between Stourbridge and Wollaston farm only. I can't imagine a bus coming from Wolverhampton just to do that short trip.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 23, 2019, 08:26:33 PM
I think Pensnett might operate the odd journey on the 8. I.E there is an early morning journey on the 8 which runs between Stourbridge and Wollaston farm only. I can't imagine a bus coming from Wolverhampton just to do that short trip.

It works the 06:52 back to Wolverhampton from Wollaston Farm so possible Wolverhampton will send a bus dead to work it?

By the looks of it Wolverhampton will be sending a bus empty to Kingswinford to operate an early 16 journey to Wolverhampton.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

John

We run dead from Perry barr to Lichfield so Wolverhampton could easily send a bus dead to Stourbridge

Trident 4609

The 8 will be interworking with the X8, it's going to be WN operated. Wolverhampton already send buses dead to Stourbridge on the current 16.

richardjones210368

It is quite common remember PN run.the WA 4H of NXWM in.Halesowen on an evening & Sunday.

TT90

Quote from: Nathan on December 23, 2019, 09:01:27 PM
The 8 will be interworking with the X8, it's going to be WN operated. Wolverhampton already send buses dead to Stourbridge on the current 16.

Will this mean the X8 branding will be removed or re-done, and the 8 branding added on if the buses are interworking running boards ?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: TT90 on December 26, 2019, 02:56:21 PM
Will this mean the X8 branding will be removed or re-done, and the 8 branding added on if the buses are interworking running boards ?

Wonder if WN will get some of YW platinums (ones being replaced by the electrics)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Busboy105

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on December 26, 2019, 03:46:03 PM
Wonder if WN will get some of YW platinums (ones being replaced by the electrics)
Apparently the platinums are going on the 45/47 with their current E400s transferring on to the 97.

Jack

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 26, 2019, 03:51:09 PM
Apparently the platinums are going on the 45/47 with their current E400s transferring on to the 97.
I can see the Tridents being split to other garages to replace older 43** Tridents.

MasterPlan

Quote from: TT90 on December 26, 2019, 02:56:21 PM

You'd have thought so as it says every 10 minutes between Wolverhampton and Dudley so to keep that the 8 has to be included.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Busboy105

Quote from: Jack on December 26, 2019, 04:37:26 PM
I can see the Tridents being split to other garages to replace older 43** Tridents.
Pensnett maybe? They already have ex-BC tridents.

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 26, 2019, 05:26:17 PM
Pensnett maybe? They already have ex-BC tridents.
If it turns out to be true, then I would think Wolverhampton, as the BC Tridents are crimson and that's where most of the red and white 43XX are based. Don't think PN would need around 20 BC Tridents.

Also they claim on there website the X70 is supposed to be Platinum and then the main allocation on there usually seems to be standard E400 when I see it. So maybe that route will get some of the Platinums of the YW6.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

TT90

Quote from: Nathan on December 23, 2019, 09:01:27 PM

So the 8 and X8 will interwork on the same running boards ? i.e Bus comes in to WN BS as an 8 and then goes out as an X8 to Birmingham etc and vice
versa ?

Hope they've factored in decent layover from each trip for this to happen then  :-\

richardjones210368

Quote from: TT90 on December 26, 2019, 05:49:51 PM
So the 8 and X8 will interwork on the same running boards ? i.e Bus comes in to WN BS as an 8 and then goes out as an X8 to Birmingham etc and vice
versa ?

Hope they've factored in decent layover from each trip for this to happen then  :-\
The X8 proper layover & timetable as those great philposhsers of life BUCKS FIZZ would say are you living in."The Land Of Make OF Make Believe" just with my mates at the mercy of the worst most hopeless bus company in the UK NXWM with its 79 & 4M I advised against the worst bus service in the western world the totally incompetent and useless X8 as were heading home after the races it could be a long night with these cowboys that call themselves National Express West Midlands that try to protray themselves as a fit and proper bus company thats a laugh NXWM are not fit for ANY purpose there utterly hopeless my mates using NXWM today know this NOW even Deano he has had his eyes opened today NXWM are hopeless on any route bring on the QEPs in 2020 to free us from this rotten to the core bus company that is NXWM!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk