News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Dudley Consultation

Started by Dom, July 22, 2019, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 05, 2019, 11:09:27 AM
I understand that but do they actually listen?

You tell us if you have a mate in NX network planning.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 05, 2019, 11:37:32 AM
You tell us if you have a mate in NX network planning.

I do and I'd rather keep him as anonymous. As I don't know if he waht his name plastered all over this forum. I understand he may already be on here but still I'd rather keep him anonymous.

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 05, 2019, 11:47:49 AM
I do and I'd rather keep him as anonymous. As I don't know if he waht his name plastered all over this forum. I understand he may already be on here but still I'd rather keep him anonymous.

I'm not interested in his name, identities of staff are NOT to be made public on the forum.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 05, 2019, 11:53:57 AM
I'm not interested in his name, identities of staff are NOT to be made public on the forum.

That's a good rule to have. I wouldn't thought you could give the first name if you want but obviously not.

richardjones210368

I am not in the closet and at a meeting I attended with NXWM management on the 22nd October NXWM route planners were in the final stages of planning and were due to submit them to TfWM for their final comments I am not allowed to say yet specifically that is market sensitive information to be announced in due course by NXWM but other than the odd tweek most of the proposals are going forward I did point out the photo in a local paper of "bus passengers in rage" with a local MP had a half dozen twirlies who live in the same road as my partners mum & would never be seen dead on a bus in their life funny that! Oh and NXWM do listen I can confirm that especially when you tell them the proposals are a good idea! Mind you Winston why do I get the feeling my days may be numbered as Bus Champion with my forum comments at TfWM as my anonymous comments are sort of skewed by my user name I can't get anything right on this forum can I ?

winston

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 05, 2019, 11:59:42 AM
That's a good rule to have. I wouldn't thought you could give the first name if you want but obviously not.

No Names FULL STOP - We also don't need confirmation of your source of information / what department they work in etc - There's various senior management view this forum & you could well get your mate in bother!

The Forum Rules are here, No 15:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4859.0

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Winston on December 05, 2019, 12:09:34 PM
No Names FULL STOP - We also don't need confirmation of your source of information / what department they work in etc - There's various senior management view this forum & you could well get your mate in bother!

The Forum Rules are here, No 15:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4859.0

That's it I get it now. Thanks Winston.

Roy

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 05, 2019, 12:05:33 PM
I am not in the closet and at a meeting I attended with NXWM management on the 22nd October NXWM route planners were in the final stages of planning and were due to submit them to TfWM for their final comments I am not allowed to say yet specifically that is market sensitive information to be announced in due course by NXWM but other than the odd tweek most of the proposals are going forward I did point out the photo in a local paper of "bus passengers in rage" with a local MP had a half dozen twirlies who live in the same road as my partners mum & would never be seen dead on a bus in their life funny that! Oh and NXWM do listen I can confirm that especially when you tell them the proposals are a good idea! Mind you Winston why do I get the feeling my days may be numbered as Bus Champion with my forum comments at TfWM as my anonymous comments are sort of skewed by my user name I can't get anything right on this forum can I ?

It's strange but I was also in a meeting that included a NXWM manager on 22 October and, while I remember the cringeworthy ridiculing of the people who had the audacity to object to their bus service being removed, all the NXWM manager said was that, due to the number of responses, the changes to the network were still under investigation and any changes would not happen until January 2020 at the earliest.  There was NO indication at all at the meeting on how much of the original proposal would be retained. 

richardjones210368

Quote from: Roy on December 05, 2019, 04:20:50 PM
It's strange but I was also in a meeting that included a NXWM manager on 22 October and, while I remember the cringeworthy ridiculing of the people who had the audacity to object to their bus service being removed, all the NXWM manager said was that, due to the number of responses, the changes to the network were still under investigation and any changes would not happen until January 2020 at the earliest.  There was NO indication at all at the meeting on how much of the original proposal would be retained.
Yes that was me cringeworthy ridiculing as always at least everyone knows now I am the same in my professional life as I am on here  bearing in mind some of the objectors I recognised  in the photo I quoted were neighbours of my partners mum who never ever use the bus and I use the route in question and never see anyone board at the stops mentioned I am sure NXWM would love to see all the outraged on buses I rarely see anyone on but I agree Jan 2020 at the earlist for any final proposals but from the coversation i had my impression was as I said in my post that no major significant changes were expected from the extended period of consulation if I am wrong I am quite happy to be corrected. Have a very Happy Christmas to you & your family Roy & I look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Roy on December 05, 2019, 04:20:50 PM

Exactly, and according to the NX website, the final details are still being worked on and therefore however desperate we are to know, we just have to sit and wait for the final proposals to appear.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 05, 2019, 05:13:39 PM
Exactly, and according to the NX website, the final details are still being worked on and therefore however desperate we are to know, we just have to sit and wait for the final proposals to appear.
I fully agree Stu but I still cant see it changing much from what I have heard from other sources mind you my life is scary enough at the Bus Champions meetings I attend I dont think anyone likes me but worse Ive just been asked to go to a photo event in Brum next week with the Borismaster at propoganda transport thingy hope they have stocked up on the garlic in Sainsburys Blackheath...........   (Sorry Winston got this post totally wrong again ,.Apologies)

don

This is a refreshing thread.

What is the point of bringing a Borisbus to Birmingham? Apart from to demonstrate the current PM's ability to squander money during austerity on something extremely expensive, and really quite unnecessary whilst all around other social matters suffer. If you want to demonstrate how out of touch with reality this is, then a great idea - presuming it doesn't breakdown!!

I'm sure NXWM does listen to input on these consultations, but when operating a commercial company there's a fine dividing line between doing things for operational efficiency or customer satisfaction.....like riding a tight rope at the margins I'd guess.

Presumably, TfWM's budget cuts (whilst London got the unnecessary expensive things) contributes to reduction in subsidised services as well. I wonder if the distraction and tie up of resources doing this bus contributed to Wrightbus's subsequent misfortune.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: don on December 05, 2019, 09:50:46 PM

What is the point of bringing a Borisbus to Birmingham? Apart from to demonstrate the current PM's ability to squander money during austerity on something extremely expensive, and really quite unnecessary whilst all around other social matters suffer. If you want to demonstrate how out of touch with reality this is, then a great idea - presuming it doesn't breakdown!!

I'm sure NXWM does listen to input on these consultations, but when operating a commercial company there's a fine dividing line between doing things for operational efficiency or customer satisfaction.....like riding a tight rope at the margins I'd guess.

Presumably, TfWM's budget cuts (whilst London got the unnecessary expensive things) contributes to reduction in subsidised services as well. I wonder if the distraction and tie up of resources doing this bus contributed to Wrightbus's subsequent misfortune.

With regards to NX listening to passengers who actually use the buses that there're changing. I have had meetings with people from NX and they don't listen to concerns. I've brought up on more times that I can remember that the 8 will not run to time as is currently doesn't now. Also if it doesn't run on time now how the hell will it when it extends to Wolvo (it'll be worse that ever). Not only that but the change will also mean a lot for the people who currently use it from for example Wrens Nest will loose a link to Merry Hill. I grant you that most are OAP loadings from there but there are also kids/young adults (which I fall into that category) that use it.  Not only do I fall into that category I also fall into the vunrable adults category. So with what they are proposing, they don't care about people like that. I understand that it's for operational reasons why they decide these things but when theres quite a few people that will be affected then they should listen.

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on December 05, 2019, 09:50:46 PM

I was actually refering to the current Prime Minister untill this time next week I do not think there are any plans for him to bring a New Bus For London for the event after all he has had enough problems with battle buses I am also not aware of any WMCA budget cut unless others know different whilst tenders are procurred to the most financially viable option for council tax payers whats wrong with that?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 05, 2019, 10:08:07 PM
With regards to NX listening to passengers who actually use the buses that there're changing. I have had meetings with people from NX and they don't listen to concerns. I've brought up on more times that I can remember that the 8 will not run to time as is currently doesn't now. Also if it doesn't run on time now how the hell will it when it extends to Wolvo (it'll be worse that ever). Not only that but the change will also mean a lot for the people who currently use it from for example Wrens Nest will loose a link to Merry Hill. I grant you that most are OAP loadings from there but there are also kids/young adults (which I fall into that category) that use it.  Not only do I fall into that category I also fall into the vunrable adults category. So with what they are proposing, they don't care about people like that. I understand that it's for operational reasons why they decide these things but when theres quite a few people that will be affected then they should listen.

Wrens Nest will not lose their link to Merry Hill. Although longer, the new 15 will be routed through Wrens Nest Estate, as will the 81 if the original proposals go through.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk