News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dudley Network Review

Started by sonic84, September 29, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Dom on September 02, 2018, 11:12:53 PM
Gotta say I am really let down with the X7,X8.

- No branding
- No Announcements
- No updated flags (Not NXs fault, I know)
- No real advertisement that it is a limited stop service

God help any drivers on the X7 tomorrow because they're going to get it in the neck as the stops it actually is stopping at have hardly been publicised.

Give it a chance, it's only been one day...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

And it's been months now since the 52/A went and there's still a stop on Birchfield Road with the 52 and 52A on the flag! Wonder how long it will be be there for.

Trident 4194

The 9 now every 10 minutes, well that's a bit crap really isn't it especially when the 140 no longer operates and the x8 cuts out bus stops. Look forward to rammed 9s now.

Roy

Quote from: Jack on September 03, 2018, 08:45:27 AM
And it's been months now since the 52/A went and there's still a stop on Birchfield Road with the 52 and 52A on the flag! Wonder how long it will be be there for.

Until some responsible person notes the flag number and reports it on the Network West Midlands web site instead of whingeing on here.

Dom

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 03, 2018, 06:48:10 AM
Give it a chance, it's only been one day...

3/4 should be ready by the time the service launches. No excuses for 3 of them really.

Dom

Quote from: Roy on September 03, 2018, 12:09:14 PM
Until some responsible person notes the flag number and reports it on the Network West Midlands web site instead of whingeing on here.

Exactly. I've sent my list to the inhouse team this morning.

@Jack if you send me the information of the stops, I'll send an email to get them to look into getting them sorted.

Jack

Quote from: Dom on September 03, 2018, 12:17:04 PM

@Jack if you send me the information of the stops, I'll send an email to get them to look into getting them sorted.
Ok, thanks @Dom!

Straightlines

Gotta say I am really let down with the X7,X8.

- No branding
- No Announcements
- No real advertisement that it is a limited stop service

God help any drivers on the X7 tomorrow because they're going to get it in the neck as the stops it actually is stopping at have hardly been publicised.

Same old crap from a complacent NXWM and a TfWM who is pretty powerless to have any meaningful impact on the Bus Services within this region.

Is it any wonder bus patronage here is on the decline?

Quote from: Dom on September 03, 2018, 12:14:42 PM
3/4 should be ready by the time the service launches. No excuses for 3 of them really.
Its is often been the same with every service change/introduction of new vehicles, eg - there were no X12 branded vehicles and X12 next stop anoncements when it first when it was initially launched (the vehicles were branded and next stop anouncements introduced) a short while later.
The Hybrids on the 22/23 never had any next stop anouncements updated for the City Loop.
The X20/X21/X22 branded buses weren't branded on the launch day either.

Some of the flags have been updated, some in the Dudley area have (Corronation Gardens and some south of Dudley on the Wolverhampton Road) and Francis Road, Hagley Road (Five Ways).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Straightlines on September 03, 2018, 03:57:17 PM

Is it any wonder bus patronage here is on the decline?

Apart from the fact NXWM patronage is rising this year

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on September 03, 2018, 04:15:26 PM
Apart from the fact NXWM patronage is rising this year

Maybe because so many links have been lost causing multiple journeys now to be made?   ???

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on September 03, 2018, 12:17:04 PM

When will one of your team's try and sort out the Diamond tracking issues? Simon Dunn has stated before, many months ago, the ball is in tfwm's court and considering they are determined to push out the polished turd that is West Midlands Bus, it might be an idea to actually have reliable live data available for people on every trip rather than every other? I am genuinely surprised this wasn't nipped in the bud before the launch of the 42/43...

Dom

Quote from: V89MOA on September 03, 2018, 05:59:02 PM
When will one of your team's try and sort out the Diamond tracking issues? Simon Dunn has stated before, many months ago, the ball is in tfwm's court and considering they are determined to push out the polished turd that is West Midlands Bus, it might be an idea to actually have reliable live data available for people on every trip rather than every other? I am genuinely surprised this wasn't nipped in the bud before the launch of the 42/43...

Not a clue. Not my department to be completely honest.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on September 03, 2018, 04:02:05 PM
Its is often been the same with every service change/introduction of new vehicles, eg - there were no X12 branded vehicles and X12 next stop anoncements when it first when it was initially launched (the vehicles were branded and next stop anouncements introduced) a short while later.
The Hybrids on the 22/23 never had any next stop anouncements updated for the City Loop.
The X20/X21/X22 branded buses weren't branded on the launch day either.Some of the flags have been updated, some in the Dudley area have (Corronation Gardens and some south of Dudley on the Wolverhampton Road) and Francis Road, Hagley Road (Five Ways).

They were ready on the X12. The announcements worked from day 1 aswell.
22/23 is an update, not a new route. For example, the 126 never had Colmore Row-Broad Street added.
X20/21/22 I can't argue, again IMO not good enough.

Posted before  thinking. Meant to say between Brown Street- Dudley Registry office.

Quote from: Dom on September 03, 2018, 06:44:28 PM
They were ready on the X12. The announcements worked from day 1 aswell.
22/23 is an update, not a new route. For example, the 126 never had Colmore Row-Broad Street added.
X20/21/22 I can't argue, again IMO not good enough.

Posted before  thinking. Meant to say between Brown Street- Dudley Registry office.
Not initialy? From what I recall it was about 2 weeks later.
6708 bare on June 10th - https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/35219306355/in/photostream/
6705 bare on June 10th - https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/35179297196/

I recall the first 2 I went on 6706 (June 9th 2017) and 6704 (June 11th 2017), never had any branding or next stop announcements at the time.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk