News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dudley Network Review

Started by sonic84, September 29, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

On the changes booklet, the X7 and X8 are shown in a greenish and pinkish colour respectively. Shouldn't that be the other way round, pink for the X7 to fit in with other Dudley Road services, and green for the X8 to fit in with Hagley Road services 9, X10, 126?

Mike K

The service changes and new timetables are now up on the main NX website. As someone previously posted, the 13A and 13B timetables are strange, with the 13A at 30 and 50 mins past the hour, and the 13B at 10 mins past the hour from Birmingham. So for some passengers, an alternating 20 or 40 min frequency.

Sh4318

As I said before, I really like the changes, especially the 12/12A & X7. But the frequencies are a massive let down
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Smethwickian

The booklets and online pages for these changes would have been a good opportunity to advise Birmingham-bound passengers of new routes in and out of the city centre for the Hagley Road and Dudley Road services because of the nine-month closure of Paradise Circus from September - hardly a short-term blip. But as yet, no warnings anywhere.
What's the betting that when printed timetable leaflets (eventually) appear, they contain the pre-closure route and are therefore inaccurate before they even come into force?

MasterPlan

I wonder if these will be any more popular than the South Birmingham review...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Ginger66

Strange how 42/43 are not mentioned on leaflet been a improved service and that passes can be accepted on Diamond.   

Solo1

Will the 126 still be platinum buses like now after2 sept

Dom

Quote from: Solo1 on August 15, 2018, 08:55:33 AM
Will the 126 still be platinum buses like now after2 sept

As has already been said. No.

Stu

It's nice to see where passenger feedback has been listened to and acted on. I read a few complaints about no bus serving Mincing Lane and Bell End in Rowley Regis, so its good news for those passengers as the new 14 service will serve that road now.

Likewise with the addition of the 2A service, as passengers wanted Wallows Road covered, and the 13B, although that looks like a daytime only service now.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Stu on August 15, 2018, 12:24:01 PM
It's nice to see where passenger feedback has been listened to and acted on. I read a few complaints about no bus serving Mincing Lane and Bell End in Rowley Regis, so its good news for those passengers as the new 14 service will serve that road now.

Likewise with the addition of the 2A service, as passengers wanted Wallows Road covered, and the 13B, although that looks like a daytime only service now.

Off peak only by the sounds of things. I honestly thought the 129 would have been withdrawn completely, with tendered services tweaked to cover several stops. Interested to see how long it lasts, if it does last, even though I think the 20/40 minute frequency is ridiculous

sonic84

To be honest I think the 123 should be reinstated. Every service introduced to cover the gap left by its withdrawal seems to have failed!

MasterPlan

Quote from: sonic84 on August 15, 2018, 07:18:52 PM
To be honest I think the 123 should be reinstated. Every service introduced to cover the gap left by its withdrawal seems to have failed!

Or rather, the 12B...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

On the other hand surely if Diamonds 123 was successful it would still be operating today?
Does anyone know what usage was like on the service?
All I remember is seeing empty 37 (Birmingham to Solihull via Acocks Green) Branded Darts on the 123 in the Witton and Aston area with a 90/100 minute end to end journey time, so I doubt there'd have been many wantng to do it end to end.
I don't remember ever seeing more than a few passengers on it in the Witton and Aston area.

Though it did have some form of competition at some point - Hi Rides 40X.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

I share your opinion regarding the 444 (I'll never get over the withdrawal of that route). Although the 53 was essentially the 123 between the Barleycorn and Merry Hill - minus serving Queens Head, something that the 123 didn't do, which really annoyed me.

In regards to the Barleycorn - Perry Barr section of the route... does it's replacement 61 even run anymore?

* I should probably mention that by using 'The Barleycorn', I'm referring to the bottom of the Bearwood Road, near Windmill Lane, Cape Hill

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 15, 2018, 07:19:35 PM
Or rather, the 12B...

You seem determined to ride this joke until the wheels fall off ::)

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 15, 2018, 07:41:15 PM
I share your opinion regarding the 444 (I'll never get over the withdrawal of that route). Although the 53 was essentially the 123 between the Barleycorn and Merry Hill - minus serving Queens Head, something that the 123 didn't do, which really annoyed me.

In regards to the Barleycorn - Perry Barr section of the route... does it's replacement 61 even run anymore?

You seem determined to ride this joke until the wheels fall off ::)
Regarding the 61:
Booth Street to Bearwood no longer operates, it was withdrawn at some point last year.
Perry Barr to Booth Street via Handsworth Park still operates -  though thats not the route the 123 took as the 123 went via Witton and Aston.
As far as I know the only it of it that remains is the Aston Six Ways to Perry Barr Section as the Perry Barr Circular (68A/C).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk