News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dudley Network Review

Started by sonic84, September 29, 2017, 07:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

37351ml

I also recall a service that called there that used mercedes bread vans. This was after the 87 had ceased to serve it.

Trident 4194

Reliability of 9 doesn't seem to have improved much seen quite a few bunching up in twos. With a joke of a  10 min frequency nowadays, it can cause quite a full bus. Take note @Tony. The withdrawal of the 140 hasn't helped as now the 9 is the only full stop service between Quinton church and chiquitoes.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 19, 2018, 07:38:05 PM
Reliability of 9 doesn't seem to have improved much seen quite a few bunching up in twos. With a joke of a  10 min frequency nowadays, it can cause quite a full bus. Take note @Tony. The withdrawal of the 140 hasn't helped as now the 9 is the only full stop service between Quinton church and chiquitoes.

Traffic happens, rush hour happens, roadworks happen, accidents happen and  school runs happen!

So bunching will still happen regardless of the timetable! Buses have not got wings! Why don't you assess the 9s over a week?

Have you not got better things to? Job, college or school? Wish I had the time to watch buses all day! Tony is MORE experienced than you in running a bus company so do us all a favour and leave the assessment of the 9 to the industry experts with NX

*Drops the mic*

Rant over
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on September 19, 2018, 07:49:19 PM
Traffic happens, rush hour happens, roadworks happen, accidents happen and  school runs happen!

So bunching will still happen regardless of the timetable! Buses have not got wings! Why don't you assess the 9s over a week?

Have you not got better things to? Job, college or school? Wish I had the time to watch buses all day! Tony is MORE experienced than you in running a bus company so do us all a favour and leave the assessment of the 9 to the industry experts with NX

*Drops the mic*

Rant over

Just saying the whole idea of changing the timetable of the 9 wa to make them more reliable, yet that has not been fulfilled so what was the point in changing the timetable?

l.murphy123

NX need to update the Platinum promo site (https://nxbus.co.uk/platinum/) as it's out of date now. Last time it was updated by the looks of it is when the X12 was added.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Mike K

Passenger loadings on the X7 still look very disappointing whenever I see them, which is during rush hour. One left Colmore Row a short time ago with an 87 behind, and the 87 must have had 3 or 4 times as many passengers.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Mike K on September 24, 2018, 05:54:11 PM
Passenger loadings on the X7 still look very disappointing whenever I see them, which is during rush hour. One left Colmore Row a short time ago with an 87 behind, and the 87 must have had 3 or 4 times as many passengers.

The x8 however seems to be doing quite well, but there again the 140 was well used too. And with the 126 reduced in frequency it doesn't really give people an alternative

Dom

But in that regards, the 87 stops at more stops and covers Cape Hill.

Kevin

Likewise from Dudley southbound. But then the X7 is in essence a brand new service to get used to whereas the X8 is a straight up replacement of the 140, and is less of a guessing game at the moment of where it stops. In fact I'd go as far as saying the every 20 mins isn't enough for it

I do feel the X7 is building up already though, people along the route are getting to know it, heard many a conversation on board the past few weeks. Just needs time and some sort of publicity, which granted should probably have happened from the start
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

https://mfitchewhotmail.wordpress.com/2018/09/06/wmpte-renumbering/

This might be the most appropiate thread to share this.

It's one of a series of blogs I've been following by a Perry Barr driver!

Mike K

Quote from: Dom on September 24, 2018, 06:08:26 PM
But in that regards, the 87 stops at more stops and covers Cape Hill.

Very true, but I guess the same can be said of the X51 / 51, and the X51 is rammed in rush hour.

It is early days and it is a new route so probably unfair to judge it at this stage; it took a long while for the X51 to become the route it is now. Will be interesting to see how it develops.

The thing we as drivers notice is people tend to stick to a particular route no in my case the 87 , I can be in cape hill with a 82/89 in front heading to city people wave those buses by and get the 87.
Same with 128 , people ignored the 127/129
X7 I agree is a new route will take time to bed in but it will never carry the numbers the the 87 does because it simply misses out to many key areas simple
IMO it should carry on up Dudley rd from city hospital stop make summer field park stop very key stop and links to other services then onto grove lane stop and down the dual carriageway onto smethwick by pass

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on October 01, 2018, 09:46:34 AM
The thing we as drivers notice is people tend to stick to a particular route no in my case the 87 , I can be in cape hill with a 82/89 in front heading to city people wave those buses by and get the 87.
Same with 128 , people ignored the 127/129
X7 I agree is a new route will take time to bed in but it will never carry the numbers the the 87 does because it simply misses out to many key areas simple
IMO it should carry on up Dudley rd from city hospital stop make summer field park stop very key stop and links to other services then onto grove lane stop and down the dual carriageway onto smethwick by pass

Surely that would slow the route down, therefore making it a less attractive proposition?

It's bad enough negotiating traffic on the Dudley Road in a car, never mind a bus
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

There are now some signs up on the Dudley rd regarding public consultation on road improvements, I hope NX put there 10 pence worth in, bus lane would help, the junction of Heath st/Dudley rd is crying out for traffic lights it's a complete lottery around there.
Aberdeen st junction needs sorting as well just as bad as Heath st

Smethwickian

Quote from: Sh4318 on October 01, 2018, 06:27:01 PM
Surely that would slow the route down, therefore making it a less attractive proposition?

It's bad enough negotiating traffic on the Dudley Road in a car, never mind a bus
Agreed - the stretch of Dudley Road between Summerfield Park/City Road and the city boundary at Grove Lane is always an appalling mess because of careless and inconsiderate parking, parking on double yellows, parking at bus stops, parking on crossing zigzags and much more. I walk down there two or three times a week, let alone catching buses, and sometimes wish I was a traffic warden because I would get so much satisfaction (and revenue) from ticketing blatant transgressor after blatant transgressor.
As for the consultation over Dudley Road improvements, looking at the details on the council website this covers the stretch between Spring Hill Island and Heath Street junction, with some wide pavements trimmed to improve road width, improved junctions and a new layout at Heath Street which should help. Parking provision and yellow lines will be reviewed, it says. Nothing specifically about bus stops and certainly no bus priorities.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk