News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Stop changes to buses in East Birmingham. Its a public group with 161 members

Steveminor

Brummie45

Nothing will stop these changes going through.

I read somewhere that someone said they were going to get their MP involved. Good luck with that as parliament has been dissolved.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Steveminor

The shortest notice period the tc will except is 21 days & this period has now expired, so the registrations will go ahead. I think my registration was just in tye nick of time.

Brummie45

I've noticed that Claribels have a journey starting at Lanchester Way and one terminating at Bacons End now according to your timetable on Network West Midlands.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

monkeyjoe

I see Claribels are making friends on the chat group. Is the Kingshurst extension being funded then?

andy41

Quote from: Steveminor on May 14, 2017, 09:46:39 PM
The shortest notice period the tc will except is 21 days & this period has now expired, so the registrations will go ahead. I think my registration was just in tye nick of time.

I'm glad youve been able to extend the 71, I feared you might not be able to. I hope it works out. You will certainly have goodwill on your side around there and that is half the battle.

Kevin

Quote from: andy41 on May 15, 2017, 06:58:39 PM
I'm glad youve been able to extend the 71, I feared you might not be able to. I hope it works out. You will certainly have goodwill on your side around there and that is half the battle.

Has literally everyone forgotten they abandoned the 55?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

andy41

Quote from: Kevin on May 15, 2017, 07:00:38 PM
Has literally everyone forgotten they abandoned the 55?

No, but there's a difference between cancelling a service where there is still another operator and cancelling well used services and offering no alternative. Besides, it's a commercial decision on the part of both operators and they will have to live and die by their decisions won't they?

When I said I was pleased I was more pleased for the elderly and disabled passengers who will now avoid having to catch two buses just to retain their independence. If Claribels win at the same time then that's a bonus.

Kevin

Quote from: andy41 on May 15, 2017, 07:07:35 PM
No, but there's a difference between cancelling a service where there is still another operator and cancelling well used services and offering no alternative. Besides, it's a commercial decision on the part of both operators and they will have to live and die by their decisions won't they?

Correct, and I neither blame nor credit them for what they did, it is as you say a commercial decision
But
I cannot see how people think Claribels can try to claim moral high ground and that passengers will see the "goodwill" when they themselves have cut services in the very same area

monkeyjoe

Well they seem to be making friend in the FB group. I guess it's the old David and Goliath comparison (if that makes sense). People will always support smaller player.

Jack D

Noticed that 96 is now on some of the bus stop flags in castle Vale and Erdington

Kevin

Quote from: Jack D on May 17, 2017, 10:30:03 PM
Noticed that 96 is now on some of the bus stop flags in castle Vale and Erdington

Also seen 66 on the flags in Boldmere

Squiz1971

Flags on the Bromford estate now read X12 & X70 some read diamond 25/X12/X70, seen them on Chipperfield Road tonight on my way home. Will confuse some people tomorrow methinks

Quote from: Squiz1971 on May 18, 2017, 08:07:56 PM
Flags on the Bromford estate now read X12 & X70 some read diamond 25/X12/X70, seen them on Chipperfield Road tonight on my way home. Will confuse some people tomorrow methinks
The flags on the 58/59/59A have now been changed as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk