News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 28, 2017, 10:54:17 PM
So that means no buses to the Genting on a weeked or after an event there...

That is really annoying

Or you could just walk for 10 minutes to international station
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Steveminor

Quote from: Chris on April 29, 2017, 10:07:09 AM
Or you could just walk for 10 minutes to international station
& catch a train

Quote from: Steveminor on April 29, 2017, 10:32:28 AM
& catch a train
Or a 10 minute walk though the NEC to the International Station and catch one of the, X1, X12, 91 or 75.
During the day whenever i've seen the 97A on the Airport section its either empty, or there are only a few passengers onboard.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

At least the pensnett thread is quiet whilst you lot are whinging and crying about these changes
Use it or loose it

monkeyjoe

good attention this side at last lol. I never use them they smell lol .

Mike K

Quote from: karl724223 on April 29, 2017, 11:27:16 AM
At least the pensnett thread is quiet whilst you lot are whinging and crying about these changes
Use it or loose it

The people commenting on this thread are the more reasoned and sensible forum members and not the ones who clog the Pensnett thread with utter garbage. It's an online forum so why not debate the merits or otherwise of changes to local bus services? Makes a pleasant change from people winding up youngsters and reading about how the 4H was 6 minutes late.

Back to the E B'ham network review...

Sh4318

I must say, I'm really enjoying reading these comments  ;D. The thing that really stands out to me is that the X70 is hourly to Birmingham during the day?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

monkeyjoe

Debate/discussion  at last rather then a bit of observation.I'm happy lol.

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 29, 2017, 12:31:31 PM
Debate/discussion  at last rather then a bit of observation.I'm happy lol.

Exactly, not one stupid comment, no bickering etc Bliss!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: 2206 on April 29, 2017, 11:25:47 AM
Or a 10 minute walk though the NEC to the International Station and catch one of the, X1, X12, 91 or 75.
During the day whenever i've seen the 97A on the Airport section its either empty, or there are only a few passengers onboard.

Good luck getting home from an event via the 75 or 91....

Whenever I've boarded on that section, I've queued up with other people. It also attracts good custom at the Bickenhill industrial estates. More to the point, there's noticeable through traffic to & from the route west of Chelmsley Wood.

Quote from: karl724223
Use it or loose it

Used it, losing it. But thanks for the veneer attempt to excuse your employer's ineptitude.

Squiz1971

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 28, 2017, 08:35:10 PM
I did think that but on the x70 timetable it states the stop as Fort Shopping centre Reynolds something rd???
Its Reynoldstown Road @monkeyjoe

Steveminor

Use it or lose it!!! But in tge majority of the cuts people used it & still lost it.
I'm sorry but for example 94 out of cooks kane & chelmsley rd, could you honestly say those buses weren't used.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on April 29, 2017, 02:23:02 PM
Use it or lose it!!! But in tge majority of the cuts people used it & still lost it.
I'm sorry but for example 94 out of cooks kane & chelmsley rd, could you honestly say those buses weren't used.

@Steveminor - are you aware of way that NX could know where passengers get off along a route / make multiple changes to get destinations / how many make the same return trips & how many make one way trips?

Other than conducting market research on board which is only 'sampling' or someone studying the CCTV and logging passenger movements, I don't see how they can.   

Gareth

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 29, 2017, 09:38:34 AM
Come on Claribels!!!!!!!! Time for strategic direction lol

They've given up on the 55 anyway which in return has lowered frequency on the Ward End to City section of that corridor. 😕

Brummie45

It's a case of NXWM not having a clue on what they are doing. All the bus changes happening now are basically from the mess they made of the last bus review.

The changes they are making now will probably be messed with again in a few years when they realise what a mess they have made of these changes.
Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk