News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: MW on April 28, 2017, 07:01:49 PM
In that case, they'll probably interwork in some shape or form.

It would be hugely ironic if they interworked the 71 and 72 services, considering they were both split to 'improve reliability'  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

I can see Hodge Hill (Ventnor av) part having less buses now especially in the eves if they are cutting the 70 and 56 and just adding more 55s

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on April 28, 2017, 07:12:25 PM
How to destroy a network in 3 easy steps. Mr coates probably rubber stamped tgese changes before he left.

Sounds like there could be opportunities for Claribel's to expand

MW

Quote from: Stu on April 28, 2017, 07:14:43 PM
It would be hugely ironic if they interworked the 71 and 72 services, considering they were both split to 'improve reliability'  :D

Yeah I know lol, but realistically, Chelmsley Wood is a trek from AG for drivers.

The current 72's do like two trips between Clock & City and then full to Solihull to change drivers. Something like that anyway.

Haven't got a clue on journey times on the 71/72 but I'd imagine something like two trips between Sutton & Chelmsley, then 72 back to Solihull.

Also, the first 37 will be extended to Birmingham Airport, according to the changes page, which is interesting.

It'll operate as a 37 from City to Solihull and then become an X12 in Solihull and passengers can remain on board. Presumably then spend the rest of the day on the X12, so it'll be a Platinum.

Quote from: MW on April 28, 2017, 07:40:52 PM
Yeah I know lol, but realistically, Chelmsley Wood is a trek from AG for drivers.

The current 72's do like two trips between Clock & City and then full to Solihull to change drivers. Something like that anyway.

Haven't got a clue on journey times on the 71/72 but I'd imagine something like two trips between Sutton & Chelmsley, then 72 back to Solihull.

Also, the first 37 will be extended to Birmingham Airport, according to the changes page, which is interesting.

It'll operate as a 37 from City to Solihull and then become an X12 in Solihull and passengers can remain on board. Presumably then spend the rest of the day on the X12, so it'll be a Platinum.
During the day there are no journeys between City Centre and Clock Garage only.
The NX website says double deckers will be used on the 72, double deckers can't get under the low bridge in Castle Vale on the 71.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

broma1k

The 72 has 3 afternoon journeys to the Clock & doesn't go through Castle Vale tha'ts the 71.

Quote from: broma1k on April 28, 2017, 07:57:37 PM
The 72 has 3 afternoon journeys to the Clock & doesn't go through Castle Vale tha'ts the 71.
3 afternoon peak journeys, so not during the day, as I said, so they don't do 2 72s from City Centre to Clock Garage then a 72 to Solihull.
I never said it does. What I was saying is if the 72 used double deckers, then it can't interwork with the 71 as the 71 goes under a low bridge in Castle Vale.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 28, 2017, 07:14:43 PM

How can they interwork when it states double decks on the 72

monkeyjoe

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2017, 08:09:18 PM
How can they interwork when it states double decks on the 72

I know realistically they won't interwork, I was just trying to be amusing by stating it would be 'ironic' in response to MW's post.

Are AG really going to operate the 71 then?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Stu on April 28, 2017, 06:47:37 PM
Kind of ironic, seeing as Lea Hall station will no longer have any direct bus service.

Bit disappointed by the reduction in frequency on the X1 and X2 (between city and Yardley/Sheldon), and am puzzled by the frequency increase between the airport and Coventry.

I've already had one complaint on my Facebook page, from someone who has been using the 97A for the last 2-3 years to get to their job at the airport for 4am.

I can appreciate that the network needed a bit of simplification, but these changes may have gone a little too far for some passengers.

It's just a joke - a very bad one. Someone with a common-sense bypass has scheduled City-Bromford in 10 mins (best of luck with that one), which of course will make the timetable for the of the X12 route to Solihull a 'make it up as you go along' situation.

As if that's not bad enough, replacing 4 buses an hour between Chelmsley & BHX with three and boasting that it's an improvement is just crass.

So to recap, here's the situation local to me:

14 - yet more hokey cokey at Marston Green. Rerouted to serve a school previously ignored (& one i'd have considered more seriously for my daughter if it hadn't)

17 - Improvement to route to the Tile Cross terminus, by reverting to the old route. One which will add to journey times & result in a 0 increase in pax.....

59 - The one which is really making my p*** boil. Removal of through journey options in both directions. Basically, sod you if you want to get to Shard End / Chester Arms in one direction, or you've at least one change to get to Yew Tree / Yardley / Hay Mills in the other. 

71/72 - Curtailed at Chelmsley, so through destinations reduced then. (don't attempt a counter to this by citing reliability delays elsewhere, see X12 comments above) And the wonderful realisation now that should my daughter's school bus go AWOL (happened several times already so far since September), she's now no alternate direct bus home (a major selling point when choosing that school).

97A - retrograde removal of 24 hour service (two fingers to carless BHX staff, mostly on minimum wage) & removal of the BHX section, which was delivering pax useage, despite the ridiculous scheduling close to 966 services.

I wouldn't have minded so much if the mucking about had only affected a couple of routes. But to find all have been b*ggered up is beyond belief.

Squiz1971

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 27, 2017, 09:35:34 PM
Just noticed they advising a stop on Bromford drive  Reynoldstown as Fort Shopping centre. I never knew you could walk from Bromford drive to the shopping centre under the motorway, seems a scary walk to me.
No you cannot as the train track also runs under the motorway so it would be suicidal @monkeyjoe

Trident 4194

I can't seem to find the x12 timetable anywhere??

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Squiz1971 on April 28, 2017, 08:22:58 PM
No you cannot as the train track also runs under the motorway so it would be suicidal @monkeyjoe

I did think that but on the x70 timetable it states the stop as Fort Shopping centre Reynolds something rd???

Steveminor

66 going through boldmere to sutton!!! Well at least they'll have historic figures for passenger numbers as didn't it used to do that before the sutton swaps went on.

@Tony whats your take on tgese changes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk