News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva X31

Started by Tomjusttom, April 05, 2012, 10:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nx4737

Quote from: Goodbus on September 03, 2012, 06:32:12 PM
Doesnt help with the engine gone in 2622 and 4205 at Volvo hartshornes in Walsall.

What's wrong with 4205 now?

arrivaaston

3811 looks a right state now, could do with a respray to hide all x31 branding, are these going to Tamworth then or else where? and is 3810 staying on at cannock or going aswell??

Shanestreet

Got told the other day that the x31 was losing something like £300 a week dont if this tru but this is what i got told.

Shanestreet

Whats happing with x31 as it stopped or is it going from somewere eles ??

woody38

arriva withdrew itl last Saturday with 3 days notice, they said they were losing money on it, but surely they could have kept a limted service some of those buses went down the M6 with standing loads.  Network west Midlands have said they are in talks with other operaters about taking some of the route on so we will have to see what happens.

Bob

When did Network WM say this? And will it still run the Cannock end?

notepanel

Quote from: Shanestreet on September 09, 2012, 12:17:23 AM
Got told the other day that the x31 was losing something like £300 a week dont if this tru but this is what i got told.

Whilst I appreciate Arriva is a business and not a charity, a £300 loss a week isn't as big as I thought it would have been. If this is the case, I am very disappointed Arriva haven't tried new initiatives to save the route, (I.e, coming off at J7 and serving Scott Arms).

A £300 loss a week, equates I think, to each bus picking up just 1.1 extra £1.90 fare a week in order to break-even. Surely something that is achieved if a little bit of effort is put in.

Bob

When you look at other routes in cannock you would think theyd lose loads more than that. Personally i dont think anyone else will take it on if nwm were serious theyd have found another operator before it finished they were in discussions from June!

arrivaaston

it must be summert about ARRIVA CANNOCK and birmingham, they ran the 112 for abit but that didnt last before it went back to BURTON garrage did it? and Tamworth never seem to have problems running 2 or 3 different services into birmrnigham

Discodave

Cannock have a better train service and will be improving even more when electrified thats what killed the bus service plus routing down the M6 was not a good idea if it ran through Walsall like the 110 runs through Sutton it would have a little more custom it not a cannock thing just bad planning/routing

woody38

I rang up network west midlands about 2 weeks ago, they told me they had been in touch with other operaters to see if they would take it on, they said that somebody might take on some part of the route but had no more details at the time.  I would not get your hopes up to much though Bob because as you said surely if it was going to carry on then they would have started it straight away before people find other ways to travel.

Bob

Cannocks train service must be amazing that good that it can afford to lose a fortune the last two Sat nights ive been on it on way to brum for nights out no conductors been round and nobody paid!

vinh1000

Quote from: bob on September 10, 2012, 06:20:17 PM
Cannocks train service must be amazing that good that it can afford to lose a fortune the last two Sat nights ive been on it on way to brum for nights out no conductors been round and nobody paid!
I rarely see conductors on train towards there (rugeley) only at start departure points usually
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Bob

I still reckon theres room for a bus route from Cannock to Brum if it was run properly even the x31 had standing loads at times

arrifirststage

Quote from: bob on September 10, 2012, 09:34:50 PM
I still reckon theres room for a bus route from Cannock to Brum if it was run properly even the x31 had standing loads at times
[What is your definition of "properly" in this context then?       
I would have thought even the most sceptical would by now have learned something from the history of Birmingham to Cannock routes,              /quote]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk