News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Presidents

Started by Solo1, July 01, 2016, 02:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident4590

Will any be preserved, Maybe 4044?

Squiz1971

How about 4041 that way then there would be old & new fleet numbers in preservation

GeminiFan1991

I would quite like the idea of having a President in crimson livery and doing whatever route the garage could dispatch it on when all the others have been withdrawn, makes it noteworthy in a way.

These Volvo B7TL vehicles have served NX quite well, the Wright Eclipse Gemini of course being the best !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Squiz1971

When they first came into service I wasn't keen on them but like a lot of people over the years I have grown to like them and will be miss them a tad when they finally all get withdrawn during the next 6-12 months.

I also preferred the square headlights to the round bug eyed variety

Stevo

The AG ones are looking tired so you'd think they'd be the first to go, but how will they be replaced? It'll be Tridents coming out of WN and AG doesn't operate them. It looks as if the 966 will be the last route to be platinumed so by that time the Presidents should be extinct.

don

Quote from: Stevo on July 03, 2016, 11:00:22 AM
The AG ones are looking tired so you'd think they'd be the first to go, but how will they be replaced? It'll be Tridents coming out of WN and AG doesn't operate them. It looks as if the 966 will be the last route to be platinumed so by that time the Presidents should be extinct.

Geminis cascaded from Perry Barr?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: don on July 03, 2016, 12:35:39 PM
Geminis cascaded from Perry Barr?

I think they'll see out some old tired Plaxtons but the Presidents at AG could count their final days when Platinums for the 966 start arriving.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

filbus1

Quote from: Stevo on July 03, 2016, 11:00:22 AM
Volvo B7 / ALX expected to replace them, not Tridents.

karl724223

Quote from: filbus1 on July 03, 2016, 09:12:38 PM
with pensnett and wolves having new buses I would say tridents will end up somewhere

Sh4318

Quote from: filbus1 on July 03, 2016, 09:12:38 PM

Has this been confirmed?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

filbus1

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 03, 2016, 09:40:55 PM

Has this been confirmed?
No, that's why I said "expected to". Imformation off a guy in the know at AG.

MW

I can't see AG getting ALX400s of any sort. It's only the 1 & 966 that'll need anything. What with the 966 going Platinum, it'll leave the 1 and the handful that appear on the Circle still. There's 37 branded for the Circle I think, so 7 Plaxtons provided all 37 branded are in service. I reckon they'll try and make the 11 fully Gemini with the ones that aren't needed for the 5/31. Then it'd leave about 8 needed for the 1 and a couple more for the schools. They may aswell keep the better Plaxtons for that rather than introduce another vehicle type surely?

Quote from: MW on July 03, 2016, 10:53:16 PM
I can't see AG getting ALX400s of any sort. It's only the 1 & 966 that'll need anything. What with the 966 going Platinum, it'll leave the 1 and the handful that appear on the Circle still. There's 37 branded for the Circle I think, so 7 Plaxtons provided all 37 branded are in service. I reckon they'll try and make the 11 fully Gemini with the ones that aren't needed for the 5/31. Then it'd leave about 8 needed for the 1 and a couple more for the schools. They may aswell keep the better Plaxtons for that rather than introduce another vehicle type surely?
The 966 seems to be mostly Gemini now. With Presidents being used on the 1 and 11. The Gemini from the 966 could possibly move onto the 11 to replace Presidents?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

filbus1

We will wait and see

filbus1

4292 at AG

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk