News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM Changes 24/07/16

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 31, 2016, 01:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 21, 2016, 08:13:11 PM
Coincidently leave Halesowen a couple of minutes before diamonds
x10 is pointless to me, I would rather have a quick just Halesowen- Birmingham like diamond did

errr when did Diamond do a limited stop Halesowen to Birmingham service? Even the 192 was all stops.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on June 21, 2016, 08:23:02 PM
errr when did Diamond do a limited stop Halesowen to Birmingham service? Even the 192 was all stops.

Diamond 9 the quickest method ever to get to Birmingham, hardly any stops, fast royales

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 21, 2016, 08:57:45 PM
Diamond 9 the quickest method ever to get to Birmingham, hardly any stops, fast royales

Oh Christ here we go.

BK63 YWP

@Trident 4194
A. Diamonds 9 wasn't limited stop
B. Diamond doesn'the run EITHER 9 or the 192 (yes the halesowen to Kidderminster part still exists) to Birmingham no more
C. May of been faster but wasn't economically viable hence the withdrawal of royal 9s (face it on the 9 one seems to stay long with NX there, the nine is one the gold corriders) and curtailment of the 192
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Westy

The Darlaston services.

I guess the 39 has been rerouted via the Manor & Pleck Road, so is this the first time an evening & Sunday service has operated down there since the 639 days(Was there a full evening & Sunday service on the 639?)?

Will need to look back at the old timetables, to see how Pleck Road was served in the past!

B10L1473

Quote from: Chris on June 21, 2016, 09:41:58 PM
@Trident 4194
A. Diamonds 9 wasn't limited stop
B. Diamond doesn'the run EITHER 9 or the 192 (yes the halesowen to Kidderminster part still exists) to Birmingham no more
C. May of been faster but wasn't economically viable hence the withdrawal of royal 9s (face it on the 9 one seems to stay long with NX there, the nine is one the gold corriders) and curtailment of the 192

Remember catching 19 Birmingham-Hasbury with Lynx's and B10Ls always seemed
A fast route to Birmingham.

Trident 4194

Quote from: B10L1473 on June 22, 2016, 10:24:35 AM
Remember catching 19 Birmingham-Hasbury with Lynx's and B10Ls always seemed
A fast route to Birmingham.

Those were the days I am too young for lynxs but remember there being tridents/b7tls?

sonic84

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 22, 2016, 10:36:52 AM
Those were the days I am too young for lynxs but remember there being tridents/b7tls?

Yes, that was another incarnation of the original 19 which ran with Lynx's:

Originally it ran from Hasbury to Birmingham via Quinton Expressway everything 30 minutes with peak journeys numbered 19S which were limited stop between Quinton and City.

In 1999, the 19S was replaced with the 919 during peaks which used the 9 route into Birmingham but was still limited stop. The 19 was withdrawn completely with the Halesowen to Hasbury section being replaced with the 619 which complemented the evening 609.

The 919 was then replaced with the 19 again, which originally ran as the 919 but was all stops, then it was diverted to use Kent Road and Halesowen Road, and then rerouted to serve Mucklows Hill before being withdrawn.

The Halesowen to Hasbury section has been replaced with various extensions to existing services, originally it was the 241, then the 244, briefly the 636 (now 99) and now the 244 again.

Westy

Quick question for the locals.

Is Hasbury & Hayley Green the same thing, as I've seen on old timetables, Hasbury Foxhunt & Hayley Green Foxhunt?

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on June 22, 2016, 06:06:36 PM
Yes, that was another incarnation of the original 19 which ran with Lynx's:

Originally it ran from Hasbury to Birmingham via Quinton Expressway everything 30 minutes with peak journeys numbered 19S which were limited stop between Quinton and City.

In 1999, the 19S was replaced with the 919 during peaks which used the 9 route into Birmingham but was still limited stop. The 19 was withdrawn completely with the Halesowen to Hasbury section being replaced with the 619 which complemented the evening 609.

The 919 was then replaced with the 19 again, which originally ran as the 919 but was all stops, then it was diverted to use Kent Road and Halesowen Road, and then rerouted to serve Mucklows Hill before being withdrawn.

The Halesowen to Hasbury section has been replaced with various extensions to existing services, originally it was the 241, then the 244, briefly the 636 (now 99) and now the 244 again.

BCC ran a 19X on Saturdays (only) briefly with Volvo repowered Nationals, whilst Mon - Fri they ran on the 9.

The only reason why Diamond's 9 was so quick was because very few used it, it only seemed to carry decent loads at peaks times which is why it no longer exists

Stuharris 6360

Also in the past we had the 902 Birmingham to Hasbury peak limited stop services, and wasn't the 902 renumbered from the X2?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Westy on June 22, 2016, 06:51:23 PM
Quick question for the locals.

Is Hasbury & Hayley Green the same thing, as I've seen on old timetables, Hasbury Foxhunt & Hayley Green Foxhunt?

Yes @Westy

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 22, 2016, 09:03:12 PM
Yes @Westy

Really? I always thought Hayley Green was the area around that end of the Hagley Road (including where the Fox Hunt is) and the roads to the south of it, and that Hasbury is the area covering the estates just north of that - including the area around Portsdown Road where the 19 used to terminate. The two are often used inter-changeably on bus timetables as bus services terminating around Hasbury have typically done the Hasbury / Hayley Green loop (Portsdown Rd, Lutley Lane, Hagley Rd, Rosemary Rd). But although close, they are two separate areas.

winston

Quote from: Mike K on June 22, 2016, 10:27:48 PM
Really? I always thought Hayley Green was the area around that end of the Hagley Road (including where the Fox Hunt is) and the roads to the south of it, and that Hasbury is the area covering the estates just north of that - including the area around Portsdown Road where the 19 used to terminate. The two are often used inter-changeably on bus timetables as bus services terminating around Hasbury have typically done the Hasbury / Hayley Green loop (Portsdown Rd, Lutley Lane, Hagley Rd, Rosemary Rd). But although close, they are two separate areas.

@Mike K - you're correct Hayley Green is the end of the Hagley Road (Fox Hunt) includes up to Causeyfarm Rd Turning Circle, Lutley Lane etc. Hasbury is lower down includes Bassnage Road, Dunstall Road & surrounding roads to that side of Huntingtree Park plus bottom of Squirrels Estate (Portsdown Rd etc)

Stuharris 6360

Didn'y help when Mercs used to operate the 244, some drivers would show Hayley Green, some Hasbury so it's easy to see where the confusion could arise from.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk