News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM Changes 24/07/16

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 31, 2016, 01:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: pndriver on July 07, 2016, 08:44:32 PM
But do all buses that go to merry hill go to Brierley Hill...... I mean the centre is in Brierley Hill is it not ??

Pensnett is also part of Brierley Hill, Pensnett is not in Kingswinford and neither is PN garage nor the Trading Estate

ARBB

Quote from: Winston on July 07, 2016, 09:03:40 PM
Pensnett is also part of Brierley Hill, Pensnett is not in Kingswinford and neither is PN garage nor the Trading Estate

So I can catch the 246 to high oak then ?

winston

Quote from: pndriver on July 07, 2016, 09:33:27 PM
So I can catch the 246 to high oak then ?

Yes, when it's returning to PN garage in Kingswinford - I'm surprised you manage to find you're way to work....

Pensnett Garage
2nd Avenue,
Pensnett Trading Estate,
Kingswinford,
DY6 7UH

DY1    DUDLEY    Dudley town centre, Woodsetton (part of)    Dudley
DY2    DUDLEY    Dudley town centre, Netherton, Woodside    Dudley
DY3    DUDLEY    Gornal, Himley, Sedgley, Swindon, Gospel End, Woodsetton (part of)    Dudley, South Staffordshire
DY4    TIPTON    Coseley (part of), Tipton, Tividale (part of)    Dudley, Sandwell
DY5    BRIERLEY HILL    Brierley Hill, Pensnett, Quarry Bank    Dudley
DY6    KINGSWINFORD    Ashwood, Kingswinford, Wall Heath    Dudley, South Staffordshire
DY7    STOURBRIDGE    Enville, Kinver, Stourton    South Staffordshire
DY8    STOURBRIDGE    Amblecote, Hagley (part of), Stourbridge town centre, Wollaston, Wordsley    Bromsgrove, Dudley, South Staffordshire
DY9    STOURBRIDGE    Hagley (part of), Lye, Pedmore    Bromsgrove, Dudley
DY10    KIDDERMINSTER    Kidderminster, Chaddesley Corbett, Blakedown, Cookley    Wyre Forest
DY11    KIDDERMINSTER    Hartlebury, Kidderminster    Wychavon, Wyre Forest
DY12    BEWDLEY    Bewdley, Arley, Hartlebury, Wolverley    Wyre Forest
DY13    STOURPORT-ON-SEVERN    Stourport-on-Severn    Wyre Forest
DY14    KIDDERMINSTER    Cleobury Mortimer    Shropshire

Westy

So does anyone know why the 301 & 302 changes appear to have been dropped?

karl724223

Quote from: Westy on July 07, 2016, 09:41:43 PM
because they don't go to kingswinford

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on July 07, 2016, 09:51:43 PM
because they don't go to kingswinford

Are you here all week?

Kevin

Quote from: Westy on July 07, 2016, 09:41:43 PM

They were just renumbered weren't they?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on June 21, 2016, 05:31:32 PM
Write to the company and ask, its them who have chosen to do it

Reply Received

"Thank you for contacting us about the withdraw of our 141 service. I'm sorry for the upset caused.

We regularly review our services as well as our network as a whole to ensure that we are meeting the needs of customers. Following such a review of the 141 service, we decided to withdraw the service and replace it with a new limited stop X10 service between Five Ways and Quinton.

While I appreciate your comments about the X51, the X51 route does have better road infrastructure. The new service will operate at an increased frequency of every 20 minutes, serving a limited number of stops between Birmingham and Quinton to speed up journey times for customers. It also improves the frequency of buses between Halesowen and Birmingham . These changes reflect changing demands from our customers.

I'm sorry that this has not resulted in a service that meets your needs. Having said that, I can assure you that we will monitor the effectiveness of the changes and consider all customer feedback when we review our services again in the coming months.

Thank you for contacting us and giving me the opportunity to explain our position."
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Other Walsall Tony

Around Bentley Centro have already replaced the 40 timetables with those for the 37, also the new 41 timetables, but with nothing to say that there is still a fortnight before these services start.
Tony

Dutsey

I rode the 40 Saturday afternoon and have to say it was very lightly loaded.

Westy

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on July 11, 2016, 01:06:06 PM
Around Bentley Centro have already replaced the 40 timetables with those for the 37, also the new 41 timetables, but with nothing to say that there is still a fortnight before these services start.

Aint there a date on the timetable?

Dom

Quote from: Westy on July 11, 2016, 07:26:22 PM
Aint there a date on the timetable?

Yes, top left in the orange strip, same with all NWM bus stop timetables.

Stuharris 6360

Problem is that we know these jobs have to be done well before the event happens, however people don't always look for what date the timetable starts. If they are looking for there bus on the timetable and it's shown, they are just going to look for the next departure, they are going to think that the timetable may be changing in a fortnight and the departure shown may not actually exist.

Surely in these modern times, all stops should be equipped with modern equipment that shows the timetable applicable on that particular day?

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 11, 2016, 07:42:42 PM
Surely in these modern times, all stops should be equipped with modern equipment that shows the timetable applicable on that particular day?

Does anyone know if they still have that prototype timetable board at Oldbury Interchange, the one that used e-ink displays, same as used in Amazon Kindle devices?

The thing is there would be a huge initial cost of rolling those out to all bus stops, but in the long term how much money would be saved just by being able to 'push' a display update as and when a timetable changed, rather than the expense of printing off new displays and having someone go and install them?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

AndrewLee

Not sure where to put this but, has anyone noticed the totem pole by bus shelter MS10? That's the last stop on Moor Street just before the bus gate onto PQY. It's showing services stopping there: 7, 9, 9s, 10, 10h, 22, 23, 24. It's not changing onto the second page so I presume the 29 is on there too. I'd heard that as the work at Paradise progresses then the City Centre loop will be reversed for the HB services. Looks like it's happening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk