News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM Changes 24/07/16

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 31, 2016, 01:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Theyve taken the changes for the 301 & 302 (31 & 32) off the site, plus taken off the file for the Darlaston services, now saying its to follow.

Now what are they playing at?

Other Walsall Tony

So the only service to Willenhall evenings or Sundays will be the 529....
Tony

Alex

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on June 29, 2016, 05:38:45 PM
So the only service to Willenhall evenings or Sundays will be the 529....

25 and possibly 28E, if it's not cancelled as well. But yeah, as someone who lives in Willenhall, it's a p***take, that the 40E & 41 are being removed, given the latter is Centro tendered, and realistically, the 529 is useless for anyone trying to get home from New Invention after 6, and it's a bloody long walk!
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Alex on June 29, 2016, 06:42:54 PM
25 and possibly 28E, if it's not cancelled as well. But yeah, as someone who lives in Willenhall, it's a p***take, that the 40E & 41 are being removed, given the latter is Centro tendered, and realistically, the 529 is useless for anyone trying to get home from New Invention after 6, and it's a bloody long walk!

25 and 28E cancelled too..  I assume the Centro tendered 41s will no longer run either.
Tony

Alex

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on June 29, 2016, 07:29:09 PM
25 and 28E cancelled too..  I assume the Centro tendered 41s will no longer run either.

Umm, think you got the wrong end of that, I was saying those will be the only other services to Willenhall, not that they were being cancelled
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

BK63 YWP

To be honest when I worked in Willenhall the 41 at night only ever seemed to carry very few passengers. There's got to be a point that even the cost of tendered version of the service that is hardly used is a waste of money.

I have heard rumours that the X96 was to split on evenings with NX doing the Wren Nest to Merry Hill (commercially like before) and Igo doing the Merry Hill to Wollaston bit centro tendered?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Chris on June 29, 2016, 08:01:41 PM
To be honest when I worked in Willenhall the 41 at night only ever seemed to carry very few passengers. There's got to be a point that even the cost of tendered version of the service that is hardly used is a waste of money.

I have heard rumours that the X96 was to split on evenings with NX doing the Wren Nest to Merry Hill (commercially like before) and Igo doing the Merry Hill to Wollaston bit centro tendered?

Presume that will come with the Dudley Bus Review which should be taking place sometime in the next few years!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BK63 YWP

@Stuharris 6360 perhaps it's getting a consultation like walsall/Wolverhampton got after the summer maybe Christmas... seems like Dudley review disappeared...

X10 Gornal Wood

Stuharris 6360

It has disappeared, I thought the changes that were taking place on the 24/7/16 may have been it, but the only changes around Stourbridge are the usual summer holiday timetable amendments.

Would assume that a number of services are running on tender extensions as some were due to run out late last year.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMK

I wonder what the folk in Portobello will think of the 40 being withdrawn.
It was they who got it rerouted to serve the estate, after getting in touch with the local MP.
Looks like I'll have to go back to using the dilly-dallying 82 to get back home from Wolves........ yay. -_-
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

the trainbasher

Apparently the dudley tenders are meant to be October (likelihood of it actually happening = 0)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 29, 2016, 09:14:15 PM
Apparently the dudley tenders are meant to be October (likelihood of it actually happening = 0)

@the trainbasher, which year?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 29, 2016, 09:15:30 PM
@the trainbasher, which year?

2016 apparently

*spots Pigs flying (not a police helicopter either)*

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Quote from: SMK on June 29, 2016, 09:04:15 PM
I wonder what the folk in Portobello will think of the 40 being withdrawn.
It was they who got it rerouted to serve the estate, after getting in touch with the local MP.
Looks like I'll have to go back to using the dilly-dallying 82 to get back home from Wolves........ yay. -_-

As they say, use it or lose it. Everytime i've passed through there, it seems to havs light loadings (the W'ton-Willenhall section seems to carry very little passengers). Portobello is a short walk to the Willenhall Rd so it's not as if they're stranded (plus they get shiny new buses if they walk down to the main road lol)

BK63 YWP

The X10 extension to Pensnett will any one use it as I have seen a 141 pass at Russell hall hospital completely empty. How many Platinum's would it need to run the X10? I tried to work it out and got 8 PVR

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk