News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Ticket checks

Started by Trident 4194, April 05, 2016, 07:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Quote from: dw1308 on April 09, 2016, 02:20:56 PM
It does not matter how many times you put revenue onto a particular post if people want to travel without paying the fare than they will regardless of if revenue catches you or not as when caught you get put onto the next bus to complete your journey after being processed and if you have more than one dodgy ticket on you what is to stop you from traveling around for free after being caught????? Whilst I agree with revenue protection sometimes they can be really rude especially after purchasing a single ticket at £2.30 and then not being able to find it quick enough for that particular officer to be carted off the bus like a criminal and slapped with a fine even after finding your ticket in that tiny pocket in your jeans (that you have absolutely no idea what it is for)

I've never had a problem with the inspectors (probably because I always travel with a valid pass). I'll sometimes have a chat with some of the revenue inspectors I know if I'm waiting for a bus and I always say "hello" when they get on. But they probably take you off the bus so you don't hold it up as while you check for your ticket, that bus is becoming 5-10 minutes late. So they usually allow you to find it off the bus. Whilst I was standing at Price Street on Friday heading out of City, there was a guy emptying all of his pockets and checking all of his tickets. And the inspector allowed him to do that. Must have been about 5 minutes until he gave up and decided to take the fine.

Westy

Can I assume with Swift, that the passenger should not be able to get past the driver?

How does a revenue inspector know if the card is kosher?

(Finally got my card in the post yesterday, but haven't done anything with it yet, as I'm off this week, so planning to activate/renew later this week!)

Surely the passenger has to keep a mental note of the expiry date as well with Swift, so they know when to renew it?

Kevin

Revenue usually check my Swift card with their phone, will come up with the details of expiry (if applicable, because direct debit kinda doesn't expire) and when it was last used
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

B.C Driver

Whilst I was standing at Price Street on Friday heading out of City, there was a guy emptying all of his pockets and checking all of his tickets. And the inspector allowed him to do that. Must have been about 5 minutes until he gave up and decided to take the fine.
[/quote]

Haha, the ammount of times they do that (aka as the pocket dance). They know full well they havnt got a ticket so they check all their pockets as if they have it somewhere. Suppose it buys them a bit of time.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Will

I was on a bus once when some inspectors boarded to check tickets I showed the guy my ticket and no word of a lie he starred at it for about 10 seconds (this was because it was Daytripper+ which had been purchased on the train so obviously it was an orange train ticket) so anyway after he finished starring at it he said "that's fine mate thank you" so when I got off the bus I went up to one of the inspectors that usually loiters around Moor Street by Subway & I checked with him to see if it was acceptable he said to me "yes mate that's fine but in future if you buy it on the train once you get to a station get it changed to a blue one so there's no confusion" I said thank you very much and went on my way I've never had any issues with any NX inspectors as it goes I don't envy them doing the job they do as I know quite recently (late 2014/early 2015) I think it was 2 inspectors got assaulted on one of the buses in Birmingham so I absolutely don't envy them at all especially dealing with and (I'm not being racist in anyway *some* of the Somalian/Jamaican men in around the Handsworth Wood/Soho Road area of Birmingham)
Stourbridge   125

Gareth

You shouldn't have to change your ticket to a different coloured one. Revenue staff can read, yes it may take them a few seconds to work out what they are looking at, but they can read.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on April 10, 2016, 12:53:45 PM
You shouldn't have to change your ticket to a different coloured one. Revenue staff can read, yes it may take them a few seconds to work out what they are looking at, but they can read.

Conductors from outside the West Midlands could not issue Daytripper tickets on their machines, so issued a 'voucher' to exchange on arrival at a Station inside the West Midlands. This has changed now, but that is why ticket exchanges needed to happen

Trident 4194

@Will I would actually say there is probably less fare evaders in handsworth than in bearwood or stourbridge

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 10, 2016, 08:49:04 PM
@Will I would actually say there is probably less fare evaders in handsworth than in bearwood or stourbridge

No, in my opinion, that's a very silly comment. I speak to a lot of drivers who drive in Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bearwood and Birmingham  and they have said that the scum shows up in Halesowen, broad Street and Colmore Row.

I also speak to a lot of drivers who drive on the soho road and Dudley Road services and scum shows up all through the 87 route and mainly after West Bromwich.

ARBB

Quote from: Dom on April 10, 2016, 08:58:46 PM
No, in my opinion, that's a very silly comment. I speak to a lot of drivers who drive in Stourbridge, Halesowen, Bearwood and Birmingham  and they have said that the scum shows up in Halesowen, broad Street and Colmore Row.

I also speak to a lot of drivers who drive on the soho road and Dudley Road services and scum shows up all through the 87 route and mainly after West Bromwich.

Don't forget lye high street. According to drivers they think the 276 is a free service

Dom

Quote from: pndriver on April 10, 2016, 09:56:30 PM
Don't forget lye high street. According to drivers they think the 276 is a free service

Knew I forgot somewhere. To be honest you can tell which are scum when you're approaching the stop. Bloody arseholes.

MW

Someone basically said some black people in Handsworth, what about some white people in Chelmsley Wood?

If we're talking races, the majority fare evaders on the 11 in Handsworth (Rookery Road) were Romanian. Not sure if any other drivers on here have done any Handsworth routes.

Anyway my point is, stop chatting s***.

Dom

Quote from: MW on April 10, 2016, 10:26:27 PM

If we're talking races, the majority fare evaders on the 11 in Handsworth (Rookery Road) were Romanian. Not sure if any other drivers on here have done any Handsworth routes.

Anyway my point is, stop chatting s***.

Romanian is a nationality not a race. You could also apply tgat comment to yourself after what you've been posting recently.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: pndriver on April 10, 2016, 09:56:30 PM

Well they have no money to pay for there fares!! After all, i had to wait in Lye Post Office for nearly 1/2 hour a few weeks ago while a queue of Romanians in front of me sent bundles of cash back home.

To me in this country everyone is equal, whether by race or colour, however everyone is also equal in having to buy a ticket for whatever travel mode they wish to use.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 11, 2016, 02:12:26 PM
Well they have no money to pay for there fares!! After all, i had to wait in Lye Post Office for nearly 1/2 hour a few weeks ago while a queue of Romanians in front of me sent bundles of cash back home.

To me in this country everyone is equal, whether by race or colour, however everyone is also equal in having to buy a ticket for whatever travel mode they wish to use.

Correct. What amuses me is some people above seem to be able to know the split of Nationalities of all fare dodgers ever taken off NXWM buses just by looking at at 'the looks' of a couple of they have seen taken off one of the thousands of buses checked every day!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk