News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Ticket checks

Started by Trident 4194, April 05, 2016, 07:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Gareth on April 07, 2016, 11:07:41 AM
Actually that is pretty bad and those actions make you no better than the people without tickets and fake ticket, out of date tickets etc. I blame you for my fare going up every year.

Very true.

WMT3000

Quote from: MW on April 07, 2016, 05:03:31 AM
Is it bad that I gave a shi*load of free tickets to people because I knew the inspectors were down the road? Gave a group of 5 teenagers a group daysaver too lmao.

Lmao I never stopped for the revenue a couple times too, they take too long and I was running late.
As if you even have to ask the question - as an honest person who pays their fare I think you're a disgrace. If you ever offer me a free ticket you'll be out of a job.

Two revenue inspectors were on Sherlock Street at the stop by Mowbray Street checking tickets/passes on the 45/47 earlier today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Hahaha I think some people have got their knickers in a twist here.

Stevo

Doesn't someone back at the depot check the tickets issued against the cash in the box? In the old days if a conductor's cash was short back at the depot the shortfall would be taken out of his wages.

Dom

Quote from: Stevo on April 07, 2016, 05:43:54 PM
Doesn't someone back at the depot check the tickets issued against the cash in the box? In the old days if a conductor's cash was short back at the depot the shortfall would be taken out of his wages.

Yes the cash counters.

MW

Quote from: Stevo on April 07, 2016, 05:43:54 PM

They can't pinpoint who it was. They are always over anyway. Most people would put in 4.50 or 5.00 for a day saver when they were 4.20

Tony

Quote from: MW on April 07, 2016, 06:21:29 PM
They can't pinpoint who it was. They are always over anyway. Most people would put in 4.50 or 5.00 for a day saver when they were 4.20

Of course they can't!

Several people have been sacked for cash discrepancies.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Dom on April 07, 2016, 05:46:42 PM
Yes the cash counters.

I went to a Cash Counter interview at AG a while back and they didn't really mention checking anything against tickets or even logging how much change came out of a single bus. It was a case of emptying a vault into a automated cash counter and the only paperwork I was shown was a daily log (Of all coin denominations) of all vaults emptied and counted the night prior, I believe Sunday/ Monday were done together but seeing a sample from AG for a day, it was a hefty sum !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: Tony on April 07, 2016, 06:22:52 PM
Of course they can't!

Several people have been sacked for cash discrepancies.

Severa people have been sacked for taking notes out of the chute yeah, but you know as much as me that the vault it nearly always over what it should be. With regards to "letting people off", how would that be proved?

Tony

Quote from: MW on April 07, 2016, 10:24:36 PM
Severa people have been sacked for taking notes out of the chute yeah, but you know as much as me that the vault it nearly always over what it should be. With regards to "letting people off", how would that be proved?

I, along with many other staff have been sent out to watch driver behaviour if there are suspicions

B.C Driver

The revenue team do a great job, would be great to see them on the Bristol Rd more as there seems to be an increase in fraud and smoking  :(
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

BU07 LGO

The biggest issue is the lack of enforcement power they have

B.C Driver

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 08, 2016, 11:57:27 AM
The biggest issue is the lack of enforcement power they have

True, but by getting on buses regular, checking tickets it is a deterent as people will realise they cant keep getting away with it and most are embarresed to do 'the walk of shame' in front of a bus full of people.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

dw1308

It does not matter how many times you put revenue onto a particular post if people want to travel without paying the fare than they will regardless of if revenue catches you or not as when caught you get put onto the next bus to complete your journey after being processed and if you have more than one dodgy ticket on you what is to stop you from traveling around for free after being caught????? Whilst I agree with revenue protection sometimes they can be really rude especially after purchasing a single ticket at £2.30 and then not being able to find it quick enough for that particular officer to be carted off the bus like a criminal and slapped with a fine even after finding your ticket in that tiny pocket in your jeans (that you have absolutely no idea what it is for)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk