News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Ticket checks

Started by Trident 4194, April 05, 2016, 07:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Do they do ticket checks everyday a couple of stops from colmore row on 74/75/16?

fleetline6477

I wouldn't say every day. This is one of the  regular spots for revenue to board buses and check tickets. Others include :

Newtown, Miller Street (inbound)

Hagley Road, Ivy Bush (inbound)

Dudley (island close to where depot was) from Dudley.

I'm sure there are others 

Squiz1971

Saltley High Street by Saltley Gate in & outbound is another I have seen the men & women in orange vests lurking

Fox & Goose

GeminiFan1991

I would surmise that the team of inspectors go after locations that are often notorious for people with dodgy tickets. I'm thinking its a day at a location, I could be wrong.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Dom

I got 'revenued' in Dudley on the 1 yesterday afternoon. At coronation gardens.

Quote from: Squiz1971 on April 05, 2016, 07:56:26 PM
Saltley High Street by Saltley Gate in & outbound is another I have seen the men & women in orange vests lurking

Fox & Goose
They check them in lots of place they got on the 70 in Nechells the other day at about 5PM by saint Matthews Church (towards Chelmsley). On Wednesday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

I love it when revenue inspectors are either at the last stop on Gravelly Hill into City or by Aston Uni heading out of City. They have nowhere to go then!

Trident 4194

Well I was 4801 on 16 and it was behind a 74 which was being checked, so it pulled round then the guy in orange vis told him too stop, blocking 2 lanes of traffic

Stu

I used to quite frequently see the revenue inspectors on Stratford Road, by ALDI or Ladypool Road. Think they're more often at Camp Hill now, no doubt catching the City Hop abusers.

It is always funny watching people with 'dodgy' tickets trying to scramble off the bus when they spot the hi-vis jackets and police officers lol  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

I remember once when I was on the A52 heading work (Amazon), I was surprised when revenue inspectors got on just outside Lichfield !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Lukeee

Sand Pitts for the 82/87 is another spot and brookvale road for the 7 and outer circle

MW

Is it bad that I gave a shi*load of free tickets to people because I knew the inspectors were down the road? Gave a group of 5 teenagers a group daysaver too lmao.

Lmao I never stopped for the revenue a couple times too, they take too long and I was running late.

Kevin

Quote from: MW on April 07, 2016, 05:03:31 AM
Is it bad that I gave a shi*load of free tickets to people because I knew the inspectors were down the road? Gave a group of 5 teenagers a group daysaver too lmao.

So where do your wages come from then?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Gareth

Quote from: MW on April 07, 2016, 05:03:31 AM

Lmao I never stopped for the revenue a couple times too, they take too long and I was running late.

Actually that is pretty bad and those actions make you no better than the people without tickets and fake ticket, out of date tickets etc. I blame you for my fare going up every year.

Dom

Quote from: Gareth on April 07, 2016, 11:07:41 AM
Actually that is pretty bad and those actions make you no better than the people without tickets and fake ticket, out of date tickets etc. I blame you for my fare going up every year.

Well said.

Thats shocking! There is a reason we have bus fares, they aren't optional.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk