News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

WrightBus StreetDeck - Discussion/Sightings/Route Allocation (Not PN gossip)

Started by BK63 YWP, January 21, 2016, 02:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Chris on January 27, 2016, 07:44:30 PM
LMFAO @Liverpool Street, i was hoping that it would have the glass window staircase. But hey if more streetdecks coming maybe :)

In the event that NXWM did ever order any of these I suspect they wouldn't have the glass staircase. Unlike some operators who have moved away from external advertising on buses (many Go Ahead companies for example) NXWM are heavily into it as a source of revenue. The glass staircase does limit the advertising that can go on that side of the bus, and rules out T frame adverts.

don

Quote from: Mike K on January 27, 2016, 09:53:04 PM
In the event that NXWM did ever order any of these I suspect they wouldn't have the glass staircase. Unlike some operators who have moved away from external advertising on buses (many Go Ahead companies for example) NXWM are heavily into it as a source of revenue. The glass staircase does limit the advertising that can go on that side of the bus, and rules out T frame adverts.

I agree with you - this new fashion for glazed staircases also seems to have started with NBFL - they seem to have offset the reduction in advertising area by the novel solution of making the small length adverts illuminated - except such things were commonplace elsewhere in the country 50 years ago - the ones on Midland Red D9s were notable for draining the bus electrics on occasion resulting in fail to start at a terminus!! Not sure how London's new ones fare - they have their own problems with batteries but no doubt unrelated.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

barry619

Quote from: Liberator9 on January 24, 2016, 09:44:41 PM
@Liverpool Street

;) Haha - Know what you mean! Rather interesting when riding an E400 (63 reg) with GoAhead - same ZF gearbox except very good on accelerating - all to do with the gearbox setup really.

Haven't heard a ZF Streetdeck - but the Voiths are pretty good - I know Brighton's versions were slow up hills though but that may've been improved in the latest versions.
There is no such thing as a ZF-equipped StreetDeck. Voith is the only gearbox option, at least for now, although Wrights have been/are working on getting an EcoLife into it, along with a Daimler G90 automated 'box.

JoNi

The Brighton Streetdecks had their engine management systems (or whatever) reconfigured to overcome initial problems climbing hills.
Next stop announcements are still deemed to be too quiet on the Coaster Streetdecks so one is having the loudspeakers attached to the backs of grills rather than the bodywork in an attempt to overcome this challenge. Unlikely to be a problem on NX non Platinum buses.
NX buses seem to advertise films on their sides at the moment and very few car ads. I saw a 50 before Christmas with an ad on the back saying HIV test week, makes a change to have STD ads on outside of buses!

filbus1

ARBB

filbus1

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

We don't want the place over run with school kids

filbus1

Quote from: karl724223 on January 29, 2016, 08:29:25 PM
We don't want the place over run with school kids
Surprised they never realised.

ARBB

No need to invade the garage, it's being kept out of view

BK63 YWP

It will come out when it comes out!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

T840MAK

Quote from: filbus1 on January 29, 2016, 08:23:11 PM
So why no reports

Does its every movement really need to be reported? I'm sure someone will say when its out in service. That's all it needs.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

karl724223

Type training drivers starts next week

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk