News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

WrightBus StreetDeck - Discussion/Sightings/Route Allocation (Not PN gossip)

Started by BK63 YWP, January 21, 2016, 02:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: filbus1 on January 29, 2016, 08:23:11 PM
So why no reports

I was sent a photo on Wednesday showing it parked up at PN. I didn't really feel it needed reporting on here.

Although for anyone interested in 3301, a comment left on a Facebook group suggests it won't be out in service for another couple of weeks? (I'm not stating it as fact, just relaying a comment i read)

filbus1

Quote from: Nathan on January 29, 2016, 09:13:37 PM
I was sent a photo on Wednesday showing it parked up at PN. I didn't really feel it needed reporting on here.

Although for anyone interested in 3301, a comment left on a Facebook group suggests it won't be out in service for another couple of weeks? (I'm not stating it as fact, just relaying a comment i read)
Too be honest I have had lots of reports off friends in NXWM about it but said nothing. I just thought some people may be interested

tank90

I've had a mad brain wave.

ADL only have an exclusive deal with NX West Midlands I'm guessing that excludes NX Coventry and Dundee?

If so who is to say an order for Street decks doesn't get made from NXC or D and they get swapped with the same amount of E400 MMC's which would then mean NXWM get other makes to garages in WM or have I been on some American high stuff feed to me by my employer again.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Trident 4609

Quote from: tank90 on January 30, 2016, 10:49:41 PM
I've had a mad brain wave.

ADL only have an exclusive deal with NX West Midlands I'm guessing that excludes NX Coventry and Dundee?

If so who is to say an order for Street decks doesn't get made from NXC or D and they get swapped with the same amount of E400 MMC's which would then mean NXWM get other makes to garages in WM or have I been on some American high stuff feed to me by my employer again.

Tbh, how does the deal work? Is it that NX can only buy from ADL for the next few years, or an x amount built exclusively by ADL. For example, say NX ordered 500 buses over the next few years, would the 'exclusive' part just mean that the deal is for that total? If the latter is correct, there is nothing stopping NX sourcing extra buses from other manufacturers?

ARBB

Quote from: Nathan on January 30, 2016, 10:58:02 PM
Tbh, how does the deal work? Is it that NX can only buy from ADL for the next few years, or an x amount built exclusively by ADL. For example, say NX ordered 500 buses over the next few years, would the 'exclusive' part just mean that the deal is for that total? If the latter is correct, there is nothing stopping NX sourcing extra buses from other manufacturers?

NX can buy whatever they want, it was an exclusive £100m deal to purchase 600 buses from ADL

BK63 YWP

Quote from: pndriver on January 30, 2016, 11:17:52 PM
NX can buy whatever they want, it was an exclusive £100m deal to purchase 600 buses from ADL

So basicially so this exclusive deal isn't mentioned again. It meant that it was an exclusive deal for 100 million so saving nx money in the long run if they brought buses in separate batches yearly

If it was exclusive to adl buses, this streetdeck wouldn't of been made for nx...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4609

Quote from: pndriver on January 30, 2016, 11:17:52 PM

As i thought.... Thanks for clarifying.

mranon

isn't this streetdeck a seed vehicle? maybe its wrights way of offering a vehicle to nx for them to evaluate and compare so next time around, they hope it might land them a deal. anyhow if nx entered an agreement with adl for x amount of vehicles for x amount of money, as long as both sides honour it, whats stopping either going elsewhere.

Roy

3301 turned right out of Standhills Road into Bromley Lane at 0900 hrs.  Possibly heading towards Stourbridge?

Jack6101

Maybe going stourbrige for typetraining
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Trident 4609

Quote from: Jack6101 on February 02, 2016, 10:06:29 AM
Maybe going stourbrige for typetraining

It was due to be stationed at Stourbridge yesterday for type training. From what I was told, it wasn't there yesterday so they must be doing the type training today.

Dom

It'll be in Stourbridge between 9:30 and 13:00 for type training

BK63 YWP

It is there parked up in layover bay inside the bus station
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

ARBB

Nice smooth comfortable ride as a passenger and as a driver, it's a lot more powerful than the mmc's are pulling out onto Stourbridge ringroad. Nice sized steering wheel, very basic cab layout but nice and warm inside.

Jack6101

Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk