News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

WrightBus StreetDeck - Discussion/Sightings/Route Allocation (Not PN gossip)

Started by BK63 YWP, January 21, 2016, 02:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S570

I have to say, it looks really impressive in NX livery. So much so, I think I actually prefer this to the Gemini 3, especially the wrap-around windscreen.

don

Quote from: Tony on January 25, 2016, 02:33:52 PM

The narrow windows which stem from the weight reduction more than TfL spec don't seem chlostraphobic or dark at all, and sat in the front corner seats the view doesn't seem to be as bad as you would think it is with those thick pillars. I haven't had chance to drive it yet, but certainly from a passenger point of view I like it.

I agree with your view of sitting inside the upper deck - I travelled on a B and H one from Eastbourne to Brighton and return. It also went up significant inclines without apparent difficulty. I'm not convinced on the reduced glazing saving weight (or reducing sun gain as claimed for NBFL) - the car part of the motor industry has moved in the opposite direction - increasing areas of glazing - I am doubtful they would do this at the expense of weight and fuel consumption.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. Any idea when it will enter service?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Liberator9

@Tony

Thanks for posting them Tony - looks very smart and sounds promising.

BU07 LGO

It really looks like an mmc from interior

Candidates for other potential seed buses

Volvo B5TL using wrightbus or mcv bodies
ADL ENVIRO 400 CITYBUS
OPTARE can't see it my self happening the other 3 possible

PM

Scania/ADL product when available possibly? Could be tempting as a gas powered decker

Trident 4609

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 25, 2016, 10:22:34 PM
Scania/ADL product when available possibly? Could be tempting as a gas powered decker

Gas buses back on the 529 ha ha ;D

JIM C

Hope it drives better than their streetlites .

Quote from: JIM C on January 25, 2016, 11:46:36 PM
Hope it drives better than their streetlites .
it does seem like neither ADL or WRIGHTBUS can make a decent small/midi bus strikes me as strange they make good double deckers.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Mike K on January 23, 2016, 06:38:05 PM
That looks really smart, I like how the livery is modified slightly to suit the design of the bus. Very eyecatching, it would be good to see these become part of the fleet.

Oooooh!  YUM!
Don't you start.

Liverpool Street

Just to get this straight

This is an integral Wright product with no involvement from Volvo?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 26, 2016, 01:00:44 PM

That's right. It's 100% a Wrights bus.

paulb1973

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 26, 2016, 01:00:44 PM

Think the integral product is equipped with Daimler 4.9 litre engine - don't know if you can choose an alternative. I can't remember if the Gemini 3 has the same angular front end or a more conventional Wright Gemini front - that's the one built on a Volvo chassis. Need to have another look on Flickr.

Dylan4579

What happened to that 5 year deal where NXWM only brought ADL buses?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk