News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New platinum services?

Started by gregan, December 24, 2015, 01:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregan

Do you think NXWM will bring out any new platinum services?
What are your predictions?

My prediction is on the Sutton Coldfield - Birmingham via Aston Expressway (902/904/905) perhaps to be more of a competitor against Arriva's 110 service.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4194

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 24, 2015, 02:14:06 PM
Bristol Road l m a o

Knew you were going to say that!
I wonder if they will have platinum single decker routes?

PM

Sutton Lines, 9 (current MMC's onto other PE routes), 37 (if bid for new "greener" buses is accepted then that corridor is mentioned for them).

JoNi

Places such as Business Parks where buses provide an option to cars in Coventry routes such as 19 Westwood Business Park.
Also a Coventry example would be 8/A, 9/A which serves station, Walsgrave business park and "posh" suburbs.
What about route 20 to Bedworth to show up Stagecoaches Darts.
I appreciate they are more likely to used in Birmingham to reduce emissions.

CL

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 24, 2015, 02:18:14 PM

I wonder if they will have platinum single decker routes?
Exactly what I said in another thread! :D Mind you, i'm not too sure about which routes would suit S/D Platinums - logically, to me, the 58? Just to match with the deckers already on the Coventry Road.

Others that come to mind are the 98 or X64 - or as @JoNi mentioned, services which serve Business Parks, so Wolverhampton's 54/154?

Single Deck Platinums would look divine, in my opinion! ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ashley 60171

Quote from: clayderman on December 24, 2015, 05:51:13 PM
Exactly what I said in another thread! :D Mind you, i'm not too sure about which routes would suit S/D Platinums - logically, to me, the 58? Just to match with the deckers already on the Coventry Road.

Others that come to mind are the 98 or X64 - or as @JoNi mentioned, services which serve Business Parks, so Wolverhampton's 54/154?

Single Deck Platinums would look divine, in my opinion! ;)

But with numerous Platinum upgrades, does it not devalue the concept if you go for the loo paper approach.

CL

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on December 24, 2015, 06:03:05 PM
But with numerous Platinum upgrades, does it not devalue the concept if you go for the loo paper approach.
Meaning?  ??? #Walsall, amirite?  :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Dom

Kevin

Quote from: WN on December 24, 2015, 07:09:22 PM
Surely the 126 is a shoe in.

As a Crimson routs with new MMC buses yes.
Platinum no
Platinum surely should be kept for express routes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Quote from: WN on December 24, 2015, 07:09:22 PM
Surely the 126 is a shoe in.

There could be potential for an express/limited stop versions of both the 9 & 126

Trident 4194

52 then? Single deck platinum maybe.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Kevin on December 24, 2015, 07:30:19 PM
As a Crimson routs with new MMC buses yes.
Platinum no
Platinum surely should be kept for express routes
The 126 was longer then I expected it to be, I think there may be a chance there.

JoNi

In the case of the 9 it's called Sprint.

winston

Quote from: JoNi on December 24, 2015, 08:06:21 PM
In the case of the 9 it's called Sprint.

That's if it ever gets off the ground, implementation date keeps going back

What about the passengers between Stourbridge & Halesowen that want to get to Birmingham quicker?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk