News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New platinum services?

Started by gregan, December 24, 2015, 01:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

They get a bus then change onto Sprint (it's called integrated transport!)

winston

Quote from: JoNi on December 24, 2015, 08:24:23 PM
They get a bus then change onto Sprint (it's called integrated transport!)

Inconvenient more like!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Kevin on December 24, 2015, 07:30:19 PM
As a Crimson routs with new MMC buses yes.
Platinum no
Platinum surely should be kept for express routes

Either express routes or just generally nicer routes where they won't be damaged from the off.

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

GeminiFan1991

Could future candidates be routes which have E400s allocated to them ?! (Not all obviously !)
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on December 24, 2015, 07:31:15 PM
There could be potential for an express/limited stop versions of both the 9 & 126

The response to that suggestion in the past has always been "No. Express routes won't work on the Hagley Road"
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dom

Quote from: Kevin on December 24, 2015, 09:01:21 PM
The response to that suggestion in the past has always been "No. Express routes won't work on the Hagley Road"

To counter act that you could say Express / Limited stop services wouldn't work on the Coventry Road due to frequent delays and congestion.

winston

Quote from: Kevin on December 24, 2015, 09:01:21 PM

If that's the case then 'Sprint' will be no quicker either.

The Hagley Rd only gets snarled up at peak times, just like any other route out of the City.

BU07 LGO

I think most routes would benefit from being limited stop even if the road infrastructure doesn't offer an alternative route, its surprising how much time is wasted starting and stopping at every stop.

I think the 966 would be a good shout for platinum in the future, it serves nice areas in Solihull and Castle brom, serves both Land Rover and Jaguar factories, the airport and the fort

karl724223

126 to be split in half
9 to go platinum
140/1/241 to go red mmc

Liberator9

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 24, 2015, 09:49:53 PM
I think most routes would benefit from being limited stop even if the road infrastructure doesn't offer an alternative route, its surprising how much time is wasted starting and stopping at every stop.

I think the 966 would be a good shout for platinum in the future, it serves nice areas in Solihull and Castle brom, serves both Land Rover and Jaguar factories, the airport and the fort

@BU07 LGO  Not a bad idea regarding the 966 - certainly could make a big thing about the Airport link (I've used it to get the airport for multiple times) and from what I've seen quite a number of airport workers use it. The Land Rover plant of course would be another feature to note. Usually quite a nice ride - never had any problems.

winston

Quote from: BU07 LGO on December 24, 2015, 09:49:53 PM

Totally agree, having an alternative limited stop option would offer time savings on journey's throughout the day & may appeal more to potential new bus passengers. Traffic & congestion particularly at peak times is a fact of life, limited stop services would still be quicker over full stopping services once they are through the congestion hotspots

BK63 YWP

Quote from: karl724223 on December 24, 2015, 09:58:19 PM
126 to be split in half
9 to go platinum
140/1/241 to go red mmc

Is that the truth or hopefully what will happen  lol
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Chris on December 24, 2015, 11:27:18 PM
Is that the truth or hopefully what will happen  lol

Its what Santa's bringing to the black country in the new year.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on December 25, 2015, 12:21:20 AM
Its what Santa's bringing to the black country in the new year.

So what the point in branding the mmcs?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk