News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New platinum services?

Started by gregan, December 24, 2015, 01:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: JoNi on December 25, 2015, 05:17:03 PM
The Sutton Lines seem a safe beg to get some of the passengers lost to Arriva. A friend travelling by bus in Sutton witnessed people letting Sutton Lines buses go so they could travel by Sapphire.

I agree with that one, @John mention there were some rumours about pb getting a platinum route. I wouldn't be surprised if all the 9** series got platinums. Then pb could send some e400s to bc for bristol road services?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

John

Quote from: Chris on December 25, 2015, 07:13:18 PM
I agree with that one, @John mention there were some rumours about pb getting a platinum route. I wouldn't be surprised if all the 9** series got platinums. Then pb could send some e400s to bc for bristol road services?

I'm not going to mention the route, but it's not any Sutton service. I know it's still a rumour but it is a current Platinum route.

Personally I couldn't see the Sutton Lines becoming Platinum. Because I see Platinum buses are on routes that are a faster alternative, i.e. X51 to the 51 and the other express routes. The Suttons are not a fast alternative, but the only NX bus service from Sutton/Erdington. I may be completely wrong but that's just what I am thinking. I could see us getting new Crimson buses within the next few years for the Suttons though, and maybe the current Enviro400s heading onto the 65/7 or the 94

BK63 YWP

Quote from: John on December 25, 2015, 07:34:17 PM
I'm not going to mention the route, but it's not any Sutton service. I know it's still a rumour but it is a current Platinum route.

Personally I couldn't see the Sutton Lines becoming Platinum. Because I see Platinum buses are on routes that are a faster alternative, i.e. X51 to the 51 and the other express routes. The Suttons are not a fast alternative, but the only NX bus service from Sutton/Erdington. I may be completely wrong but that's just what I am thinking. I could see us getting new Crimson buses within the next few years for the Suttons though, and maybe the current Enviro400s heading onto the 65/7 or the 94

Maybe pb getting back some of the 93* will have to see what 2016 brings but the vadt majority of the orders will be of the double decker variety to make birmingham routes compliant for 2017?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Driver03

Quote from: karl724223 on December 25, 2015, 09:30:54 AM
strong rumours
Also 126 wolves to brum could be run by PENSNETT with reliefs in Dudley with 120 going to west brom
The 126 will not be leaving WN, other garages simply do not have the capacity for the buses and even if they did due to other routes being swapped and changed, drivers at WN garage would be entitled to move with the route, thus resulting in over/under staffing at garages should driver wish to either take up or not take up the offer.

A strongly roumered Platinum and express version of the 126 is a very good possibility.......

Bob

I wish they'd extend the X51 to cannock daytimes instead of just peaks. It'd wipe the floor with Arriva's 1 & 2. Probably  never happen though

winston

Quote from: Driver03 on December 25, 2015, 08:47:44 PM
The 126 will not be leaving WN, other garages simply do not have the capacity for the buses and even if they did due to other routes being swapped and changed, drivers at WN garage would be entitled to move with the route, thus resulting in over/under staffing at garages should driver wish to either take up or not take up the offer.

A strongly roumered Platinum and express version of the 126 is a very good possibility.......

If patronage / Pvr growth continues, I'd expect NXWM to have to consider sourcing additional garage capacity to service B'ham area routes. A garage extension at Pensnett might help relieve garage capacity issues through moving extra routes in

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on December 25, 2015, 09:40:51 PM
If patronage / Pvr growth continues, I'd expect NXWM to have to consider sourcing additional garage capacity to service B'ham area routes. A garage extension at Pensnett might help relieve garage capacity issues through moving extra routes in

I can't see why any WN routes would need to move out to PN as has been suggested by various on here previously. WN aren't struggling for capacity are they?

Mike K

Quote from: Driver03 on December 25, 2015, 08:47:44 PM

What with rumours of both the 99 and now the 126 moving to PE, the garage will soon be growing to match the size of its thread.

GeminiFan1991

The problem with PE from I can deduce is that being located in the middle of a trading estate it has a limited amount of space to work with, if the dead mercs are gone, that muddy land can be tarmed over to provide valuable space

I think the 126 being made an express service sounds good, its a long route as it so shortening it makes sense. I also agree with a comment on here about more X51 journeys going to cannock. Quite annoying to get off an X51 then get on an Arriva 1/2
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Driver03

Quote from: Winston on December 25, 2015, 09:40:51 PM
NX also have the ability to increase WN garage at the moment also. A previously used piece of land on the site is now available to purchase, should this be invoked it could mean the garage growing to accept a larger amount of vehicles.

Westy

Quote from: Driver03 on December 26, 2015, 07:46:00 AM
NX also have the ability to increase WN garage at the moment also. A previously used piece of land on the site is now available to purchase, should this be invoked it could mean the garage growing to accept a larger amount of vehicles.

Would be interesting to see which routes would move to Wolves in that case. Cant see it myself.

(They wouldnt have a crack at Staffordshire as previously rumoured, from Wolves, would they?)

winston

Quote from: Driver03 on December 26, 2015, 07:46:00 AM

If the land is available now, it's definitely worth considering purchasing for future growth requirements. Although I'm not totally sure where substantial growth on WN routes would come from without expanding in to Staffs or moving in more routes from WA.

How big is this extra plot of land? How many extra buses do you estimate it could hold?

Driver03

Quote from: Winston on December 26, 2015, 11:09:59 AM
If the land is available now, it's definitely worth considering purchasing for future growth requirements. Although I'm not totally sure where substantial growth on WN routes would come from without expanding in to Staffs or moving in more routes from WA.

How big is this extra plot of land? How many extra buses do you estimate it could hold?
It's the old MEB land at the front of the garage, if you've been to WN before you could basically double the amount of buses (or there about) from the wash to the gates, or move the staff car park there in that plot and gain an extra row + some extra in the main yard it self.

winston

Quote from: Driver03 on December 26, 2015, 01:45:52 PM
It's the old MEB land at the front of the garage, if you've been to WN before you could basically double the amount of buses (or there about) from the wash to the gates, or move the staff car park there in that plot and gain an extra row + some extra in the main yard it self.

@Driver03 - Thanks for info, I've had a look on Google Earth, I assume you mean the plot of land on the right-hand side when viewing the front of the garage stood on park Lane? It definitely looks/sounds like it would be worth acquiring even if it isn't used for a while and just kept as is

Driver03

Quote from: Winston on December 26, 2015, 02:57:49 PM
@Driver03 - Thanks for info, I've had a look on Google Earth, I assume you mean the plot of land on the right-hand side when viewing the front of the garage stood on park Lane? It definitely looks/sounds like it would be worth acquiring even if it isn't used for a while and just kept as is
@Winston that's it, you've got it :) like you say, a worthwhile investment should it be acquired, especially as at the moment the rest of the garage is "land locked" as such. There are rumours, all be it only rumours that this is being considered.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk