News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dogs on buses?

Started by windy miller, June 11, 2012, 12:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Winston on June 12, 2012, 12:15:04 AM
Quote from: Michael on June 11, 2012, 11:54:02 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 11, 2012, 11:47:31 PM
Quote from: Michael on June 11, 2012, 11:26:44 PM
Having dogs on the bus is ridiculous. It puts off passengers, like myself, and it takes the p*** when you go to sit on a seat and there's hair all over it from a dog. The smell of some of them is atrocious. Let's face it, most people who have dogs are chavs and grave dodgers.
The dogs should be allowed on buses. They are public transport. Dogs aren't considered as the public. They are just creatures. You wouldn't bring a lion onto the bus, or a snake and say, it's my pet and it's well trained. No, it's absolutely ridiculous. No animals should be allowed on public transport, nothing whatsoever.

Michael, you really do talk sh*t sometimes..... I'm a dog owner, so you're also putting me in the chav / grave dodger bracket, of which I am neither. Our dog comes everywhere we are allowed to take her, including on holiday, and we have to pay extra to take her in dog friendly apartments / caravans etc, yet she is better behaved / creates less mess / does less damage than a family with kids......

Winston, that's my opinion of dogs. I have a very serious opinion with them because I absolutely hate them. They're disgusting creatures, but as I say, that's all my opinion. I don't talk sh*t, it's just that just because you've said something, it doesn't make it true.

Your opinion is way off the mark....... What I have quoted above is fact! we'd never let our dog foul / damage anyone else's property, the majority of genuine dog owners are of the same mind, it's only the minority that have been dragged up that give the rest of us a bad reputation.

Just because you'd not do something, doesn't mean everyone else will follow you.

An example. They ban certain items from planes now because of terrorism. They don't let the people who they think might not be terrorists take them, they apply the rules to everyone.

BU07 LGO

Michael: So if you had yiour wish and ALL dogs were banned, do you really think that the driver would enforce it to chavs and gangs with dogs?

Doubt it! They're too scared to deal with a kid smoking or blatently etching the fuck out of a brand new bus!

MW

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 12, 2012, 06:16:56 PM
Michael: So if you had yiour wish and ALL dogs were banned, do you really think that the driver would enforce it to chavs and gangs with dogs?

Doubt it! They're too scared to deal with a kid smoking or blatently etching the **** out of a brand new bus!

I don't think so, it's a harsh reality, but I would like them too. If inspectors come on board, the dog owners should get a fine, if it was enforced.

Liberator9

So you would fine a perfectly acceptable member of the community if they had a dog, when the driver had let them on. I've caught the bus with dogs before and the owners were mainly elderly and the dogs were fine. If the driver lets them on, he is the one who has the say on who gets chucked off. In reply to a earlier comment of staring dogs in the eye, thats not a good idea. They do not like being stared in the eye as a vet told me once and they are more likely to be aggressive as they are feeling threatened. I've got nothing more to say on the matter now. Back onto bus matters!

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 12, 2012, 05:57:06 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 12, 2012, 12:15:04 AM
Quote from: Michael on June 11, 2012, 11:54:02 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 11, 2012, 11:47:31 PM
Quote from: Michael on June 11, 2012, 11:26:44 PM
Having dogs on the bus is ridiculous. It puts off passengers, like myself, and it takes the p*** when you go to sit on a seat and there's hair all over it from a dog. The smell of some of them is atrocious. Let's face it, most people who have dogs are chavs and grave dodgers.
The dogs should be allowed on buses. They are public transport. Dogs aren't considered as the public. They are just creatures. You wouldn't bring a lion onto the bus, or a snake and say, it's my pet and it's well trained. No, it's absolutely ridiculous. No animals should be allowed on public transport, nothing whatsoever.

Michael, you really do talk sh*t sometimes..... I'm a dog owner, so you're also putting me in the chav / grave dodger bracket, of which I am neither. Our dog comes everywhere we are allowed to take her, including on holiday, and we have to pay extra to take her in dog friendly apartments / caravans etc, yet she is better behaved / creates less mess / does less damage than a family with kids......

Winston, that's my opinion of dogs. I have a very serious opinion with them because I absolutely hate them. They're disgusting creatures, but as I say, that's all my opinion. I don't talk sh*t, it's just that just because you've said something, it doesn't make it true.

Your opinion is way off the mark....... What I have quoted above is fact! we'd never let our dog foul / damage anyone else's property, the majority of genuine dog owners are of the same mind, it's only the minority that have been dragged up that give the rest of us a bad reputation.

Just because you'd not do something, doesn't mean everyone else will follow you.

An example. They ban certain items from planes now because of terrorism. They don't let the people who they think might not be terrorists take them, they apply the rules to everyone.

If you say so.......  it also doesn't mean that all dogs/owners are all the same as you see them either. Your opinion is based on a handful of instances witnessed/experienced on a bus, as quoted earlier there are millions of dog's in this country, with millions of owners, that will never see on your journeys to compare, there is good and bad in everyone/everything

What has that example got to do with anything being discussed above? Dogs aren't banned from buses for starters, so it's irrelevant

karl724223

i agree with dog hater richie  walk the bloody flea bitten wammal  keep it off the bus

MW

Quote from: karl724223 on June 12, 2012, 09:52:57 PM
i agree with dog hater richie  walk the bloody flea bitten wammal  keep it off the bus

It's nice to see that the sense really is common. I thought I was the only one here!

Badger

And those of us whose dogs don't have fleas?

-.-;
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

matt904102

I don't mind the dogs...some of the owners scare the hell out of me tho!!!

matt904102

Quote from: 4006 on June 12, 2012, 11:21:17 AM
Maybe dogs should have to pay!!!!
"Adult Daysaver an a Dog Return Please!"  ;D
A woof saver please!

matt904102

Quote from: windy miller on June 11, 2012, 12:23:52 AM
I can't remember if WM have a 'Dog' acceptance policy on buses these days- I do know that some operators will refuse to carry dogs (other than Blind dogs) on any service. I did see a complaint notice in the press recently- where someone had been refused access with her dog due to 'company policy' . The significant factor here was that the bus was actually a RAIL replacement bus.? surely if a dog(s) were admitted on the train that the bus service was meant to replace then you would have every right to complain? :o
Dogs are allowed on NX vehicles so long as they do not cause a nuisance to other passengers. Interpret that how you like. But under no circumstances is the dog allowed on the seats. If you see a chav with a Staffie on the seat this should not happen, and the chances are the chav knows this, thats why the dog IS on the seat.

settlerman

The majority of dog owners take care to keep their pets off the seats. Isn't it a pity so many people DON'T keep their own feet off seats. When I have had the audacity to ask someone to move their feet so that I could sit down "if looks could kill" comes to mind.

windy miller

Well-!!! -that topic caused some controversy didn't it.? :) TBH I think my topic heading was a typo!- it should have read 'Dogging' on buses- :)..... I mean, wev'e all done it  havn't we?.. NO? .. Just me then... ;)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Discodave

Quote from: windy miller on July 10, 2012, 07:52:13 PM
Well-!!! -that topic caused some controversy didn't it.? :) TBH I think my topic heading was a typo!- it should have read 'Dogging' on buses- :)..... I mean, wev'e all done it  havn't we?.. NO? .. Just me then... ;)
Maybe a courting session I know I have the seats on the Petes MPD I drove were very comfy (not the moulded plastic ones they hurt your back) I know the reg was V266BNV does it still exist

windy miller

I think there is an official DVLE access page somewhere (for bona fide users)  where you can establish  vehicle identity/existance- I have tried to trace several of my early cars with no success. Basicly,  if its not listed it usualy means its been scrapped. Pity you didn't have CCTV in those days... the Video might have been worth more than the bus! :)  ;D
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk