News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dogs on buses?

Started by windy miller, June 11, 2012, 12:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovetea4370

Quote from: richie on June 11, 2012, 07:43:19 PM
If you have a dog walk it! Help the bus companies reduce their lost millage from dog sick, poo and urine needed to be cleaned up. Get dogs off seats and out of buggy zones! How long till a child is savaged by one on a bus? I appreciate not all owners let their dogs on seats but it happens alot! NX policy leaves the decision to the driver so it is their decision if it is carried as far as i know.

Whoever heard of a 60 year olds Pomeranian mauling a child to death...   Urgh I give up, people on here do come up with some crap sometimes!

Liberator9

Now come on, the dog will be on a lead. The owner shouldn't let the dog anywhere near them anyway. I've been on NXWM buses with dogs before and all were very quiet and just laid down peacefully. I would say it would be very harsh to ban them off all public transport. It is there for the public to use and if for their convenience, to move their dog around. It is especially useful for the elderly. I agree fully with trident 4370. 

richie

So all dogs that board buses are owned by the elderly and on leads? Get real!

ilovetea4370

So all dogs are untrained incontinent vicious monsters, get real!

ilovetea4370

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 11, 2012, 08:08:06 PM
Now come on, the dog will be on a lead. The owner shouldn't let the dog anywhere near them anyway. I've been on NXWM buses with dogs before and all were very quiet and just laid down peacefully. I would say it would be very harsh to ban them off all public transport. It is there for the public to use and if for their convenience, to move their dog around. It is especially useful for the elderly. I agree fully with trident 4370.

Thank you! Nice to see some sane people are still alive. I think a few people on this forum actually need to get a dog as they dont have a clue what they are talking about!

richie

I didn't say they were all savage but it happens and why wouldn't it happen on a bus full of passengers when the animal's space is encrouched upon?. There are far more chavs with certain breeds of dogs on buses as 'show pieces' than elderly folk.

PM

Why should people on a bus have to share their space with animals? We're not expected to put up with it in shops so why should we in a bus, which is often cramped and busy and you know what not everyone likes dogs and they can often detract from a quality interior and can threaten passengers. Certainly, at the very least, they should charge for dogs and drivers should have the right to forbid boarding. Also, dogs could be put in cages-problem solved and lets face it your average tracksuit mum doesnt need to take the dog to Greggs for the sausage roll I mean really......

ilovetea4370

And as it has been previously pointed out, Drivers have every right to turn away the unsightly's with dogs if they suspect trouble will kick off! I do think you have a point with Chavs they use them as a status symbol and dont train them at all, but I think its unfair to say that any dog on a crowded bus will attack! I have 2 dogs (and I'm neither elderly or a chav!) who couldn't care less how many people are around them and actually enjoy a bus ride, Never had any trouble with them misbehaving on any bus once!

How exactly is it going to be good for NXWM's profits if they turned away every single passenger who had an animal? Families taking dogs to the vets for example? Sometimes people may take their dog on the bus to a favorite park? Disabled people who need dogs to find their way? Sorry but that is silly talk. Perhaps bus drivers should turn away people with under 5s, who usually occupy a seat if too big for a buggy and dont pay for the privilege either.

Thats my opinion and I stick to it.

Liberator9

Agree again and putting a dog into a cage, well if I tried putting my Border collie into one, well he wouldn't be too happy!

MW

Having dogs on the bus is ridiculous. It puts off passengers, like myself, and it takes the p*** when you go to sit on a seat and there's hair all over it from a dog. The smell of some of them is atrocious. Let's face it, most people who have dogs are chavs and grave dodgers.
The dogs should be allowed on buses. They are public transport. Dogs aren't considered as the public. They are just creatures. You wouldn't bring a lion onto the bus, or a snake and say, it's my pet and it's well trained. No, it's absolutely ridiculous. No animals should be allowed on public transport, nothing whatsoever.

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on June 11, 2012, 08:21:01 PM
Why should people on a bus have to share their space with animals? We're not expected to put up with it in shops so why should we in a bus, which is often cramped and busy and you know what not everyone likes dogs and they can often detract from a quality interior and can threaten passengers. Certainly, at the very least, they should charge for dogs and drivers should have the right to forbid boarding. Also, dogs could be put in cages-problem solved and lets face it your average tracksuit mum doesnt need to take the dog to Greggs for the sausage roll I mean really......

You unknowingly already share your space on the bus daily with animals..... they are the ones that burn the seat backs, etch the windows, abuse the driver, intimidate other passengers, smoke weed, drink, urinate at the back of buses, cut the seats etc....... The majority of dogs are far better behaved, of the minority which are nasty/may foul on a bus, it's generally down to the way they are treated/lack of training by their owners. Gangs of chavs now use certain breads of dogs as status symbols, however, how many bus drivers will be willing to stop a group of chavs bringing a dog on board / challenge a group of chavs for letting their dog jump over the seats or intimidate other passengers, none for fear of being attacked...... in instances such as those drivers should use their panic button & let the police/safer travel officers/inspectors remove/deal with them.

There would be no harm in bus companies charging say a child's fare to carry a dog, the only rules being your dog will be carried if it kept under tight control/is well behaved and must sit on the floor down by your feet

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 11, 2012, 11:26:44 PM
Having dogs on the bus is ridiculous. It puts off passengers, like myself, and it takes the p*** when you go to sit on a seat and there's hair all over it from a dog. The smell of some of them is atrocious. Let's face it, most people who have dogs are chavs and grave dodgers.
The dogs should be allowed on buses. They are public transport. Dogs aren't considered as the public. They are just creatures. You wouldn't bring a lion onto the bus, or a snake and say, it's my pet and it's well trained. No, it's absolutely ridiculous. No animals should be allowed on public transport, nothing whatsoever.

Michael, you really do talk sh*t sometimes..... I'm a dog owner, so you're also putting me in the chav / grave dodger bracket, of which I am neither. Our dog comes everywhere we are allowed to take her, including on holiday, and we have to pay extra to take her in dog friendly apartments / caravans etc, yet she is better behaved / creates less mess / does less damage than a family with kids......

MW

Quote from: Winston on June 11, 2012, 11:47:31 PM

Michael, you really do talk sh*t sometimes..... I'm a dog owner, so you're also putting me in the chav / grave dodger bracket, of which I am neither. Our dog comes everywhere we are allowed to take her, including on holiday, and we have to pay extra to take her in dog friendly apartments / caravans etc, yet she is better behaved / creates less mess / does less damage than a family with kids......

Winston, that's my opinion of dogs. I have a very serious opinion with them because I absolutely hate them. They're disgusting creatures, but as I say, that's all my opinion. I don't talk sh*t, it's just that just because you've said something, it doesn't make it true.

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 11, 2012, 11:54:02 PM
Quote from: Winston on June 11, 2012, 11:47:31 PM

Winston, that's my opinion of dogs. I have a very serious opinion with them because I absolutely hate them. They're disgusting creatures, but as I say, that's all my opinion. I don't talk sh*t, it's just that just because you've said something, it doesn't make it true.

Your opinion is way off the mark....... What I have quoted above is fact! we'd never let our dog foul / damage anyone else's property, the majority of genuine dog owners are of the same mind, it's only the minority that have been dragged up that give the rest of us a bad reputation.

Maybe dogs should have to pay!!!!
"Adult Daysaver an a Dog Return Please!"  ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk