News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Buses News

Started by domino.99, May 17, 2015, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AV4248

Hi @Dom

Just thought I'd comment on your video. Was informative to watch and good to listen to. I've seen your previous videos - they seem like a good start, not brilliant but certainly a good foundation to build from.

If I may I'd like to suggest a few things. For your weekly roundup, perhaps try to make it more... fun, if that's the right word. Maybe add some sort of trivia during the roundup which hasn't already been mentioned/seen on the forum - that would provide some good factual info.

Also try to make your what your saying sound more prepared. At the minute it sounds like you're saying stuff of the top of your head, perhaps try reading of a script would help so that your clear about what you're about to say.

I hope what I've said makes sense. Hopefully the roundups turn out to be really good in the future!

Feel free to ask me for any help regarding getting content for the roundups and I'll try to help.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Dom on October 18, 2015, 05:59:42 PM
Evening Ladies and Gents.

New video out now

Is this due to RS again??
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 18, 2015, 07:13:13 PM
Is this due to RS again??
It definitely is. We'll miss dom, he was a great member.

James4368

@Dom
You've been a brilliant edition to the forum :)

Hopefully some time you do return
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Adam 404

Such a shame @Dom has been driven away by such a rude person... Considering that the person has sent me a PM asking me to give him admin to my Photo Page...
I'm sure that the majority of us will miss your views, opinions and knowledge as well as your kindness.
All the Best.

domino.99

Short and sweet thank you all for the comments.

Now the account is deactivated I have reconsidered my membership and shall be staying the video will stay up as a record but will change the title in a little while. Thank you all for the supportive messages.

Adam 404

Quote from: Dom on October 18, 2015, 07:49:49 PM

Now the account is deactivated I have reconsidered my membership and shall be staying the video will stay up as a record but will change the title in a little while. Thank you all for the supportive messages.
Good News :) Glad to hear that. Fingers crossed, he will NOT manage to re-enter... Have a good evening.

Tony

Unless people get on this forum will be deleted wholesale within the next 7 days. Why the hell do 10 and 15 year olds have to accuse each other of bullying. I have had enough it and I don't need messages via means other than this forum about what is going on on street.

The next disagreement and the whole forum goes!

Stu

Quote from: Dom on October 18, 2015, 07:49:49 PM

As a more 'mature' member of this forum, all I'm going to say is don't leave the forum just because someone has been annoying you. If you've received any nasty PMs you can report them to the admins here so they can take action. However there is nothing the admins can do about anything that goes on 'off-site'. Don't let one person ruin your enjoyment of this website, that's all I'm going to say on the matter.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

It is a real shame that it has come to this point where Tony is considering deleting the forum.

This forum was great when i first joined a few months after it started. Must admit, i've learnt alot from here.

However, over the past year or so the forum has became a place where several newer members post crap that doesn't add anything to the discussion. I know for a fact that this annoys the more established members.

I hope the forum doesn't go. It is great way to communicate with others who share the same interest, as well as being informed with up to date info (thanks to the great work Tony does with the main site, and to all three moderators for keeping the group going).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on October 18, 2015, 08:38:12 PM
It is a real shame that it has come to this point where Tony is considering deleting the forum.

This forum was great when i first joined a few months after it started. Must admit, i've learnt alot from here.

However, over the past year or so the forum has became a place where several newer members post crap that doesn't add anything to the discussion. I know for a fact that this annoys the more established members

I hope the forum doesn't go. It is great way to communicate with others who share the same interest, as well as being informed with up to date info (thanks to the great work Tony does with the main site, and to all three moderators for keeping the group going).

@Nathan, my feelings exactly!!

Because my parents are quite ill, i don't get chance to go out as much as I used to and having a place where I can find out what is going on in the West Midlands Bus world is great.

I to personally hope that the forum continues and hopefully now with more debate and less arguments.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

@Stu I don't think the report PM function works. If anyone is on the receiving end of abusive/threatening PM's please forward the full message to admins & will review & action accordingly.

Like Tony, I'm getting hacked off the hassle on here, it is generally only caused by the minority & generally kids. I'm self employed/work from home and whilst I'm referring the pety squables, blocking banned people from re-registering under a different name & I'm on the receiving end of smart alec comments, I'm loosing money.

the trainbasher

@karl724223 because that's the name what he signed up with and has now deleted his account

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Anyway,

When is the next 'bus news' likely to happen if you don't mind me asking? @Dom

domino.99

Quote from: Nathan on October 18, 2015, 09:06:00 PM
Anyway,

When is the next 'bus news' likely to happen if you don't mind me asking? @Dom

I am going to try next sunday as I have nothing on after friday night although being my Birthday on Saturday may not be.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk