News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Buses News

Started by domino.99, May 17, 2015, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

@danny that would be awesome - a bus related chat show!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

domino.99

Well anyone who would be interested in a bus chat show, PM me and i'll see if I can work something out.

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

the trainbasher

Quote from: NXDom on May 17, 2015, 09:19:51 PM
Well anyone who would be interested in a bus chat show, PM me and i'll see if I can work something out.

Either that or a Top Gear style bus show? :)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 17, 2015, 09:46:33 PM

As the producer, Dom will better make sure a hot meal is laid on for us all!

domino.99

A comedy but also serious chat show with extra controversial opinions

Anyone interested, Next Friday 9PM??

Bob

Ace video mate :) You say five the same as we do in cannock. ..foive lol

Liverpool Street

Good video there, Dom.

It wouldn't be my sort of reply without a few constructive criticisms though!

- Think before you start to speak between blocks of information, as without a obvious pause it seems like your just reeling off bus numbers. This should also help avoid any awkward stuttering and mispronunciation and misreading of words. (Watch a news channel and take some tips from their pauses) In addition to this, talk a snatch slower, sometimes my aging ears miss what you black country voices am saying.
- If you're serious about this channel, and I hope you are as its easier to watch your weekly roundups then fish through a dragons den of topic on here, upgrade your microphone. Try to find one with noise cancelling abilities and wind/breath cancellation as sometimes you can hear your breathing and such.
- Background images. I can provide/create some half decent background images for you if you so wish, as it'll add to your professionalism and make it seem more serious. If you're not interested that's fine too, but just giving you ideas.
- Font. Use Cosmos, it'll give your slides some edge and character rather then dry old Ariel.
- Background sound. Perhaps find some generic mellow background music to accompany your talking, nothing too brash but something in the background.

Other then those fixable items listed above, a half decent audio version of WMBiP.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

domino.99

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 18, 2015, 12:15:16 PM
Good video there, Dom.

It wouldn't be my sort of reply without a few constructive criticisms though!

- Think before you start to speak between blocks of information, as without a obvious pause it seems like your just reeling off bus numbers. This should also help avoid any awkward stuttering and mispronunciation and misreading of words. (Watch a news channel and take some tips from their pauses) In addition to this, talk a snatch slower, sometimes my aging ears miss what you black country voices am saying.
- If you're serious about this channel, and I hope you are as its easier to watch your weekly roundups then fish through a dragons den of topic on here, upgrade your microphone. Try to find one with noise cancelling abilities and wind/breath cancellation as sometimes you can hear your breathing and such.
- Background images. I can provide/create some half decent background images for you if you so wish, as it'll add to your professionalism and make it seem more serious. If you're not interested that's fine too, but just giving you ideas.
- Font. Use Cosmos, it'll give your slides some edge and character rather then dry old Ariel.
- Background sound. Perhaps find some generic mellow background music to accompany your talking, nothing too brash but something in the background.

Other then those fixable items listed above, a half decent audio version of WMBiP.

Thanks for the advice LS.
I tried to create backgrounds like the NXWM liveries, if you could make some similar to those I would be very apreciative.
I will try my headphones next week and see if it's any better.
I have cosmos on my computer so again will try that aswell.
I will see what I can do regards to background music.

Once again thats for the advice @Liverpool Street

Ashley 60171

Tonight on Third Gear ;)

P419 EJW

I thought I could give out my view as a deaf person. There aren't subtitles for me to read so I wouldn't have an idea of what you would say. I can't hear the voices very well on YouTube videos or on television, etc. So if I wanted to know everything what you was saying, I would either have the subtitles on or ask my personal interpreter to translate for me. I can only rely on information being displayed. The information on the video is great, gives out details I would want to know, e.g.: the fleet changes, withdrawals, repaints, arrivals, etc. Very informative. I like the colour backgrounds you have done, especially the TWM livery. ;) I don't want you to feel that you have to incorporate the subtitles because of me. There aren't many deaf bus enthusiasts, I think I'm the only one! :) Just a tip from me: In the future, I would like you to proof-read before uploading the videos on YouTube because I have caught some spelling errors. Well done on your first video, @NXDom! :)

Gareth

I don't think you would need subtitles. I think everything that Dom said in the video is all on screen anyway.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Gareth on May 18, 2015, 09:57:10 PM
I don't think you would need subtitles. I think everything that Dom said in the video is all on screen anyway.

Oh, okay, that's good to know. Thank you, @Gareth. :)

Liverpool Street

CRIMSON

PLATINUM

NXWM

TWM

WMT/TWM (withdrawals)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

domino.99

Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 19, 2015, 06:23:50 PM
*snip*

OMG LS. Thank you sooooo much they look amazing :) :) these will be used in Sundays Weekly Round Up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk