News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham City Centre changes

Started by Justin Tyme, June 03, 2012, 04:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Haha I agree and unfortunately this is the case.....

winston

Quote from: Ash on June 03, 2012, 07:42:55 PM
When i go on the diamond buses in the evening rush hour after the school children have come out of school the buses are never that bad in terms of rubbish on the floor whereas NXWM buses can sometimes be awful and the main problem is the free metro newspapers being left on the seats then kicked all around the bus and then you have the school children and there chip paper and cans of pop which they leave on the bus but this is an easy one to stop as the drivers should stop them getting on the bus with it in the first place as most of them are young teenagers. In terms of stops the 404 is a good example in Walsall the first stop you come to from the town is the NXWM 404 stop with the diamond stop being the one after so most people coming from the town will jump on the first bus being a NXWM one as there usually 3/4 in the bus station at one time but fair play at West Brom its the other way round diamond has the first stop out of the town and then NXWM has the stop after so people OAP and fare passengers are more likely to use diamond as its the first bus so the stop arrangement at the two bus stations are fair wether this is co-incidence i dont know but has worked out well

NXWM buses carry a far higher proportion of passengers, and unfortunately with that, seem to carry the majority of the scumbags who like damage & litter their buses. Many of the Monday - Saturday daytime operators don't seem to have so many problems, as generally they operate with single deckers and don't seem to carry many scumbags, which obviously results in fewer instances of littering and damage to buses etc. Also, NXWM buses work later in to the evening than most competing operators, and as a result have to carry around the scumbags who like to make other passengers lives a misery.....

Ash

Quote from: winston on June 03, 2012, 10:38:42 PM
Quote from: Ash on June 03, 2012, 07:42:55 PM
When i go on the diamond buses in the evening rush hour after the school children have come out of school the buses are never that bad in terms of rubbish on the floor whereas NXWM buses can sometimes be awful and the main problem is the free metro newspapers being left on the seats then kicked all around the bus and then you have the school children and there chip paper and cans of pop which they leave on the bus but this is an easy one to stop as the drivers should stop them getting on the bus with it in the first place as most of them are young teenagers. In terms of stops the 404 is a good example in Walsall the first stop you come to from the town is the NXWM 404 stop with the diamond stop being the one after so most people coming from the town will jump on the first bus being a NXWM one as there usually 3/4 in the bus station at one time but fair play at West Brom its the other way round diamond has the first stop out of the town and then NXWM has the stop after so people OAP and fare passengers are more likely to use diamond as its the first bus so the stop arrangement at the two bus stations are fair wether this is co-incidence i dont know but has worked out well

NXWM buses carry a far higher proportion of passengers, and unfortunately with that, seem to carry the majority of the scumbags who like damage & litter their buses. Many of the Monday - Saturday daytime operators don't seem to have so many problems, as generally they operate with single deckers and don't seem to carry many scumbags, which obviously results in fewer instances of littering and damage to buses etc. Also, NXWM buses work later in to the evening than most competing operators, and as a result have to carry around the scumbags who like to make other passengers lives a misery.....

Yeah basically winston thats what i was trying to get at and also has alot to do with the area's NXWM operate in compared to other operators

monkeyjoe

Off subject though related.

The 94 is my local service and since Lea Hall closed the service has become "Poor".

I have been complaining about the lack of investment and all the rest of it for months now.

I agree Claribels operate more modern, cleaner, cheaper and faster services. (I realise they are small scale but offer better value for money in my view).

It does not surprise me that the only reason NXWM are increasing the services is to get on over on the competition.

I feel so much better for getting that off my chest.

monkeyjoe

Also does this mean that they will make the 94 single deck with all these changes?

PM

Thats interesting MonkeyJoe. Would you say,as you probaly know more about/use more often the 94 etc than I do that Claribels compete well/lots of passengers use them. And is there anything that they do that Connect dont do on their competin g services which are obviously less successful?

monkeyjoe

All I would say it's taken Claribel's a long time to get to this point. NXWM used to care about the 94 now they clearly don't.

MW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 06, 2012, 08:49:03 PM
All I would say it's taken Claribel's a long time to get to this point. NXWM used to care about the 94 now they clearly don't.

I think that's what closing depots does. At LH, it had a fleet of around 130 vehicles, and the 94/97 were it's main routes, where most of the revenue came from. Now that the 94 is at PB, I feel as if they've had routes that generate even more revenue and that affects how much is invested into the route. A key example is the 33 and the Sutton Lines, so the 94 isn't a high revenue route in PB's eyes.

That's all just my thoughts.

PM

Is Lea Hall reopening and AG closing as I understand this rumour is going around?

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on June 06, 2012, 09:20:41 PM
Is Lea Hall reopening and AG closing as I understand this rumour is going around?

Who makes up this crap!

monkeyjoe

The 94 would get more investment then if that happened. ;D

Quote from: Tony on June 06, 2012, 09:36:42 PM

Who makes up this crap!
They closing both and re-opening Oldbury lol  ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

MW

Who makes up this crap!

I heard that there are 76 Optare Solos on order for the 11A/11C. Is it true?

Yes, that's sarcasm

richie

Quote from: Michael on June 06, 2012, 09:52:08 PM

Who makes up this crap!

I heard that there are 76 Optare Solos on order for the 11A/11C. Is it true?

Yes, that's sarcasm

Yea it's the articulated version!!!

MW

I believe NX are due the following demonstrator to trial whether it fits on the 71 route. I believe it'll cascade some Eclipses over to National Express London.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk