News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham City Centre changes

Started by Justin Tyme, June 03, 2012, 04:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I completely agree, I was waiting for a bus on Lower Bull St before and at the 94 stop, there were two NXWM 94s (ALXs) and one Claribel behind

Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2012, 07:18:24 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 03, 2012, 06:51:59 PM
Similarly, why should an established high quality operator be bullied off the 94 onto another stand just so NXWM are able to soak up all the 94 passengers as they will inevitably go to the NXWM 94 only stop and the Claribels 94s will slip by unnoticed. I dont see why theyre bothering with all this change-it is costly and pointless-things work fine as they are

If you think things work fine as they are you haven't looked closely. Try watching what actually happens in Lower Bull Street. Quite often vehicles from either operator cannot get onto the stop because the other one is there. Claribels, because they like sitting on the stop for longer than the minute allowed. NXWM because some drivers think it is a good idea to copy and do exactly the same, and sometimes because there is a large queue taking a long time to load.

Despite your views on Claribels being a quality operator perhaps you should watch their timekeeping with drivers deliberately arriving up to 8 minutes early in City or deliberately leaving late after arriving on time.

The new system will work exactly the same as the 301/302 works in Walsall Bus Station. People will walk up to which ever vehicle is there first. Remember both companies will probably be scheduling in a layover in the city so chances are when things are running normally there will be on of a NXWM 55, 94 or Claribels 55 or 94 there for them to get on.

when both companies are in Bull Street together at the moment people will walk the bus length to whichever one they fancy using, so I am sure they won't be put off walking a bus length if the other company's bus pulls in while they are stood at the other stop

All the new rules are actually being enforced by the TC, not by Centro or BCC, so any breaches can result in large fines of licence reductions/cancellations

PM

To be honest I will defend Claribels to the hilt. Claiming that they sit on the stand is a serious allegation and one that I for one havent noticed especially yesterday when I was extremely glad to watch Claribels take on a good load on a significantly newer bus than NXWm as we come to expect really. Obviously companies not on the stock exchange with a small fleet are clearly the ones we expect to have a youthful fleet. And what else are Claribels drivers meant to do if they arrive early. Where else is there to wait? Often there is such traffic congestion that this is impossible and the 1 minute loading rule is ridiculous NXWM break this all the time and I would like to see us employing people to enfore the new rules in times of austerity. Like this is ever going to happen and if so, a good company would employ a lawyer and argue it in court that their company wasnt breaking the rules.

PM

Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2012, 07:23:21 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 03, 2012, 07:06:48 PM
Exactly thats exactly true I was just about to mention that Id fogotten about policing/cleaning etc. Tho I thought everyone wud have had enuf hearing what I have to say. xD. Tho that it true what you say about cars it would be naive for operators to take that attitude tho I agree that now is a good time to be in the bus industry and tomorrow will be even better......

NXWM are just about to start having a private company cleaning their buses while they are in service. (people getting on and removing the rubbish collecting on them throughout the day)

I wonder if any of the competitors will follow that idea

What? Like Johnson's have been doing for about the past 10 years!!!

PM

Exactly thats exactly true I was just about to mention that Id fogotten about policing/cleaning etc. Tho I thought everyone wud have had enuf hearing what I have to say. xD. Tho that it true what you say about cars it would be naive for operators to take that attitude tho I agree that now is a good time to be in the bus industry and tomorrow will be even better......

NXWM are just about to start having a private company cleaning their buses while they are in service. (people getting on and removing the rubbish collecting on them throughout the day)

Wow. This is an achievement from a company making over £90k profit a day to employ people to pick up litter in the day when other small companies have been not just picking up litter from their buses but also sweeping them down after each journey for ages.

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on June 03, 2012, 07:26:29 PM
To be honest I will defend Claribels to the hilt. Claiming that they sit on the stand is a serious allegation and one that I for one havent noticed especially yesterday when I was extremely glad to watch Claribels take on a good load on a significantly newer bus than NXWm as we come to expect really. Obviously companies not on the stock exchange with a small fleet are clearly the ones we expect to have a youthful fleet. And what else are Claribels drivers meant to do if they arrive early. Where else is there to wait? Often there is such traffic congestion that this is impossible and the 1 minute loading rule is ridiculous NXWM break this all the time and I would like to see us employing people to enfore the new rules in times of austerity. Like this is ever going to happen and if so, a good company would employ a lawyer and argue it in court that their company wasnt breaking the rules.

I like Claribels. They are one of the highest quality operators in this area, but... if you think there is nothing wrong with buses running early just because trafic is light I think you should try telling that to the traffic commisioner who regularly fines operators large sums of money for doing it and has even threatened to revoke operators licences for it. Yes it already has been argued in court... and operators lost!

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on June 03, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

No, Johnson's just make their drivers do it. Big difference!

PM

I am glad you agree with me about Claribels. yes, I would want to take them to court and I think a good lawyer-hopefully myself in a few years time-could win them the case.

Will it be the same firm that that goes round the stops in the mornings with half a dog eared broom pretending to clean them kicking the odd larger noticeable item into the street? what is the broom for again?

Giz a job  ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

PM

Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2012, 07:32:18 PM

Not really as the buses are cleaned either way and it shows that Johnson's drivers have pride in what they do and are keen to provide strirling service to the customer, such as yesterday on the X50 stopping and waiting so as an elderly lady could go to her seat. The problem with NXWM is that they make such a fuss about doing everything. Yes, we clean our buses and buy new ones but surely this is what most bus companies with that amount of money do anyway. When was the last time you saw a Stagecoach bus boasting that it was new on the side. Its what is expected of a bus operator surely.

PM

Quote from: 4006 on June 03, 2012, 07:34:26 PM

Will it be the same firm that that goes round the stops in the mornings with half a dog eared broom pretending to clean them kicking the odd larger noticeable item into the street? what is the broom for again?

Giz a job  ;D

Haha. This is probably what will happen.

Ash

When i go on the diamond buses in the evening rush hour after the school children have come out of school the buses are never that bad in terms of rubbish on the floor whereas NXWM buses can sometimes be awful and the main problem is the free metro newspapers being left on the seats then kicked all around the bus and then you have the school children and there chip paper and cans of pop which they leave on the bus but this is an easy one to stop as the drivers should stop them getting on the bus with it in the first place as most of them are young teenagers. In terms of stops the 404 is a good example in Walsall the first stop you come to from the town is the NXWM 404 stop with the diamond stop being the one after so most people coming from the town will jump on the first bus being a NXWM one as there usually 3/4 in the bus station at one time but fair play at West Brom its the other way round diamond has the first stop out of the town and then NXWM has the stop after so people OAP and fare passengers are more likely to use diamond as its the first bus so the stop arrangement at the two bus stations are fair wether this is co-incidence i dont know but has worked out well

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on June 03, 2012, 07:37:48 PM

Not really as the buses are cleaned either way and it shows that Johnson's drivers have pride in what they do and are keen to provide strirling service to the customer, such as yesterday on the X50 stopping and waiting so as an elderly lady could go to her seat. The problem with NXWM is that they make such a fuss about doing everything. Yes, we clean our buses and buy new ones but surely this is what most bus companies with that amount of money do anyway. When was the last time you saw a Stagecoach bus boasting that it was new on the side. Its what is expected of a bus operator surely.

Oh If I had the time I could find you plenty of time Stagecoach have boasted about new buses, maybe not on the vehicles themselves, but new buses gain extra passengers, and most companies know that and boast about it, Have a look at Arriva lining 50 brand new Geminis up at a Stately home and boasting about them for about a month - it works.

Let's see any operator run on the 8 or 11 and tell me when the driver can clean the bus?

Ash

Quote from: Tony on June 03, 2012, 07:44:28 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 03, 2012, 07:37:48 PM

Oh If I had the time I could find you plenty of time Stagecoach have boasted about new buses, maybe not on the vehicles themselves, but new buses gain extra passengers, and most companies know that and boast about it, Have a look at Arriva lining 50 brand new Geminis up at a Stately home and boasting about them for about a month - it works.

Let's see any operator run on the 8 or 11 and tell me when the driver can clean the bus?

Yeah i couldnt see an 11 driver pulling over at Acock Green putting on an apron and a pair of marigolds and start mopping the bus would like to see the passengers reactions if this happened tho

Quote from: Ash on June 03, 2012, 07:42:55 PM
When i go on the diamond buses in the evening rush hour after the school children have come out of school the buses are never that bad in terms of rubbish on the floor whereas NXWM buses can sometimes be awful and the main problem is the free metro newspapers being left on the seats then kicked all around the bus and then you have the school children and there chip paper and cans of pop which they leave on the bus but this is an easy one to stop as the drivers should stop them getting on the bus with it in the first place as most of them are young teenagers. In terms of stops the 404 is a good example in Walsall the first stop you come to from the town is the NXWM 404 stop with the diamond stop being the one after so most people coming from the town will jump on the first bus being a NXWM one as there usually 3/4 in the bus station at one time but fair play at West Brom its the other way round diamond has the first stop out of the town and then NXWM has the stop after so people OAP and fare passengers are more likely to use diamond as its the first bus so the stop arrangement at the two bus stations are fair wether this is co-incidence i dont know but has worked out well
Sorry I disagree how many people do you see get on with cans of Super or Bags of grass??? The kids are no different, they conseal their goods and consume them once they are seated. I have never sean anyone get on a bus with a lit fag or a can of open booze but sure enough you always find the evidence they have been consumed on the buses. Further more all Diamonds buses are single deckers wheras NX are D Deckers where it is easier for people to get up to whatever they want. To be honest even on NX single deckers the problem is far less. You can't stop that happening, its peoples attitudes that have to change and that is very difficult to achieve!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Ash

Quote from: 4006 on June 03, 2012, 07:53:59 PM
Quote from: Ash on June 03, 2012, 07:42:55 PM
Sorry I disagree how many people do you see get on with cans of Super or Bags of grass??? The kids are no different, they conseal their goods and consume them once they are seated. I have never sean anyone get on a bus with a lit fag or a can of open booze but sure enough you always find the evidence they have been consumed on the buses. Further more all Diamonds buses are single deckers wheras NX are D Deckers where it is easier for people to get up to whatever they want. To be honest even on NX single deckers the problem is far less. You can't stop that happening, its peoples attitudes that have to change and that is very difficult to achieve!

Yeah i agree people hide them but have saw people getting on holding chips and mc donalds etc before and your right its easier to get away with it because there double deckers which i believe was one of the reasons NXWM try to convert some of the city centre services to single deckers and also NXWM operate in certain area's which are more common to this whereas diamond dont

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk