News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Tamworth B6's...

Started by nx4737, June 02, 2012, 04:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

SB200s arent that good, as soon as the driver trys  to accelerate, to go up a hill, to even pull away from a stop on a slight slope the gearbox starts screaming, they also scream loudly at 45-50 mph. Not the most pleasant bus to travel on from s passenger point of view

nx4737

As long as it turns up on time and goes from A to B...

Bob

Yea at an extortionate fare

John

Quote from Tony
Quote from: Tony on August 29, 2012, 07:41:14 PM
It is looking like all of Tamworth's B6BLE/Wrights, due to be replaced by the new Citaros, are all to head to Wednesfield for the 23rd September to show a strong Arriva liveried impression on the first day.

Bob

Tony do you have any idea what Midland vehicles will stay & be repainted? cant be many surely? most of the fleet bar a few exceptions is tat!

Tony

Bob

PS Will some of the routes transfer to Cannock? I'll give it a couple of months before the 810 to wton & the 23 to Wimblebury are withdrawn, and Arriva wont stay on the 62 they could never make it pay when they ran it

nx4737

Does this mean the Mercs will actually enter service at some point this month?

Thomas Davies

I understand they may be replacing vehicles at Midland.
Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

nx4737

Quote from: Thomas Davies on September 06, 2012, 09:28:05 PM

This is one of the better uses for them, I'm just hoping that when the Mercs finally enter service that they're trouble free, the last thing we want is to loose the B6's and end up with unreliable Citaros.

I say that, but I'm yet to actually see a Merc in use...

Discodave

Quote from: nx4737 on September 07, 2012, 04:33:01 AM
Quote from: Thomas Davies on September 06, 2012, 09:28:05 PM

This is one of the better uses for them, I'm just hoping that when the Mercs finally enter service that they're trouble free, the last thing we want is to loose the B6's and end up with unreliable Citaros.

I say that, but I'm yet to actually see a Merc in use...

B6 reliable have you been on a NXWM one,  I had never had a good one at NXWM always overheating/cutting out or something would go wrong with it they must have wonderful fitters at Tamworth if they were good there I cant see the B6 cutting the mustard at Midland/Arriva

danny

Were our B6s (nx)he first in service for any operator? Looks like a trip to tamworth when mercs enter servuce.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Bob

have the Cannock scanias moved to tamworth yet?

Tony

Quote from: bob on September 07, 2012, 03:50:27 PM
have the Cannock scanias moved to tamworth yet?

3811 on the 25 today, still with bits of branding on
3812 at Oswestry

not sure where 3810 is

2200 Bus

I went to pick up 3812 from Cannock today it's now at Tamworth.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk