News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Tamworth B6's...

Started by nx4737, June 02, 2012, 04:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nx4737

Morning, I'm starting to hear rumours that Tamworth garage may be getting 20 Citaros to replace 20 Volvo B6LE's, firstly, does anyone know any more about this and secondly, any guesses as to where Tamworths B6's will end up?  They're a bit young to be withdrawn just yet...

Adam.

Bob

will prob go to places like stafford and cannock to replace ageing darts

winston

It's not a rumour, 30 have been ordered in total by Arriva and I believe delivery may be imminent if hasn't already starting, they are being used for Olympic work before arriving at Tamworth

Bob

Doubt all 30 will be for midlands tho? hey maybe if they are cannock might get some??

andy

The B6's still have plenty of life in them and are still quite smart...the other half of the batch is at Telford and they still have some very old Darts to move on so no doubt some will end up there. This will all be down to the Birmingham emissions.

Discodave

All good but why replace buses with ones that overheat unless they are better than the NXWM ones

winston

20 are for Tamworth, while 5 each are going Arriva Southern Counties & Arriva Shires & Essex

Quote from: bob on June 02, 2012, 11:35:38 AM
Doubt all 30 will be for midlands tho? hey maybe if they are cannock might get some??

Discodave

Quote from: winston on June 02, 2012, 03:07:18 PM
20 are for Tamworth, while 5 each are going Arriva Southern Counties & Arriva Shires & Essex

Quote from: bob on June 02, 2012, 11:35:38 AM
it will be a long time before cannock gets new buses just had some going on past allocations will be a good million years unitil new buses just more crappy cast offs

Tomjusttom

Also, from what I've heard, Hill Top are expecting upto 11 E200s (to replace the leased enviros) over the next few weeks.

Bob

Birmingham emissions?? They rarely use B6's into brum as they have B9TL and Omnilinks for that

andy

The B6's frequently stray onto the Birmingham services, and they need the flexibility to be able to put them on there when Ominis and Geminis aren't available. They get into Birmingham more often than you might think, plus the B6's often have to cover for Omnis on the 765 Nuneaton to Lichfiled and they aren't big enough for that.

nx4737

Thanks for the replies...

B6's are on the 116 into Birmingham regularly on a Saturday night...

Bob

anyone know whats gonna happen to em when the Mercs arrive?

nx4737

Quote from: bob on June 20, 2012, 07:38:59 PM
anyone know whats gonna happen to em when the Mercs arrive?

From what I've gathered, who knows...

Probably either Telford to go with the rest of the batch, or maybe somewhere else within Arriva, there's a few places that could do with some refurbed buses to replace older stuff...

Bob

Wonder if Cannock will get any, there P & R & s reg darts are pretty much clapped out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk