News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Tamworth B6's...

Started by nx4737, June 02, 2012, 04:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

Quote from: bob on June 21, 2012, 07:35:48 AM
Wonder if Cannock will get any, there P & R & s reg darts are pretty much clapped out
Going on past allocations unless they are really clapped out like the darts or overheat like NXWM B6's no as they would make the fleet look good

Tomjusttom

Send to Hill Top? Wouldn't drivers there be type trained on them as it is part of Tamworth or not?

BN

Cannock were originally going to look after the depot but because of a shortage of fitters in became part of Tamworth.

Bob

Theyd be perfect for the 31/32/33 as they can get pretty uncomfortable with mpds at times, or the 25/26's. MPD's are horrible crap buses uncomfortable seats and HORRENDOUSLY noisy!

andy

Cannock is too hilly for these B6's...they are extremely underpowered and would continually overheat on Cannock's roads...they are much more likely to end up at Telford where the routes are far more similar to Tamworth's.

Bob

What would they replace at telford?? they hav 61 and 09 versa's, 59 plate Sb200s, and 51 plate, and Y reg sb120s, plus a couple of 03 ones and 55 plate couple of darts that didnt move to leicester. So their allocation is pretty modern

andy

Quote from: bob on June 21, 2012, 04:09:49 PM
What would they replace at telford?? they hav 61 and 09 versa's, 59 plate Sb200s, and 51 plate, and Y reg sb120s, plus a couple of 03 ones and 55 plate couple of darts that didnt move to leicester. So their allocation is pretty modern

They still have some older Darts aswell. The B6's are bigger than Telfords DAFs so they would probably also replace them.  Who knows, they could end up anywhere... but having driven these buses a lot and having driven around Cannock, I would be amazed if they went there. Don't forget, they're getting on a bit too.

Bob

THey aint got many older darts tho and certainly not 20 doubtfully even 10, maybe theyll displace the Daf and theyll be moved to other garages, not keen on them, dead uncomfortable seats and awful legroom on them

andy

Quote from: bob on June 21, 2012, 06:45:04 PM
THey aint got many older darts tho and certainly not 20 doubtfully even 10, maybe theyll displace the Daf and theyll be moved to other garages, not keen on them, dead uncomfortable seats and awful legroom on them

That's what I suspect will happen as Cannock already have DAF's and Telford already have B6's so it would make sense. Not sure why you think these B6's are more comfortable than the DAF's, it's virtually the same bodywork and there is terrible legroom in these too.

Bob

Much more comfy seats though, better than those crappy plastic things in the dafs and cannocks own 51 plate dart batch!

Discodave

Quote from: rob@mdc on June 21, 2012, 02:48:54 PM
Cannock were originally going to look after the depot but because of a shortage of fitters in became part of Tamworth.
Good job they aint fleet would be full of nails in no time with there fitters still see lots of theres broken down one was in bloxwich non starter (CK dart) the driver only went to use the loo

Bob

i was on a 51 Plate MPD yesterday it was in shocking condition noisy as anythin, rattling terrible and the gearbox juddered really bad. For the extortionate fares they charge they could at least use half decent buses

Discodave

Quote from: bob on June 24, 2012, 04:34:05 PM
i was on a 51 Plate MPD yesterday it was in shocking condition noisy as anythin, rattling terrible and the gearbox juddered really bad. For the extortionate fares they charge they could at least use half decent buses
Lots were like that when I was there just bad maintence had a propshaft drop off in brownhills anchor bridge when doing the 33 one morning tow truck came out showed him the propshaft (now in the bus) and he said if the bus was supposed to be inspected on a regular basis this one must have been done by stevie wonder as none of the joints had been lubricated or greased and the bolts had just sheared apart with vibration with the fares they could at least afford the parts.

Bob

Looks like Stafford are getting some secondhand darts from elswhere in arriva, saw an S-KHN Reg one today on a local service, it looked a bit tatty hadnt been refurbed etc, Cannock will prob get some as well no doubt. Darts are such shit things to travel on, crappy b series engines always screaming yukkk. There that loud i can hear em over my headphones. I was waitin for the X31 in brum a few months back with my mate Scania 3810 pulled up and broke down at the bus stop! had to wait another hour cos they wouldnt send another bus from cannock. The driver said he parked up and lost a load of air

andy

I'm not a fan of Darts, never have been, hated driving them and don't like the ride as a passenger either...but they are definitely workhorses and are nippy on tight routes with lots of twists and turns and minor roads such as Cannock has, so it's no surprise they end up there. But you also don't like DAF's, so what would you want then?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk