News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Tamworth B6's...

Started by nx4737, June 02, 2012, 04:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Maybe some Versa's? For the 25/26? Or Sb200s? And they could reduce the frequency of some routes like the 1 & 70 and put em back to deckers, the 70 used to regularly have deckerson it years ago and so did the Stafford route!

Discodave

Quote from: bob on June 25, 2012, 09:39:18 PM
Maybe some Versa's? For the 25/26? Or Sb200s? And they could reduce the frequency of some routes like the 1 & 70 and put em back to deckers, the 70 used to regularly have deckerson it years ago and so did the Stafford route!
1 does not do that bad on frequency it has bit of a problem with deckers low bridge unless diverted down A5 and that was done before with diasterous consequences, 70 is tied up with 76 and 560 it saves some buses as you know With the staffords some of them become 825 from the hospital again cannot put deckers on Colwich low bridge plus complete re sort of services to put in a decker for really a couple of busy journeys as they did not fill much at any other time.  Agree with versas on the 25/6 good buses but can they deal with bradbury lane are the engines big enough thats the problem with the darts.  Have used a daf on the 25/6 (2701) and they did well on the hills so the bigger version would be fine

Bob

Disasterous consequences?? why what happened

Discodave

As soon as the 1 was put down the A5 traffic killed the reliability spent more time waiting to get on the orbital then actually moving to get to walsall most of us would use the A34 still to try and get back on time and with constant complaints of passengers it was changed back quickly another Arriva bright idea trying to fix something which was not broke and trying to serve every nook and cranny no wonder they cant make a lot of money they need more direct routes which are reliable and quick to get people out of the car.  Even some good cannock routes could have the nooks and crannies taken out the number 2 would be one why serve all of the housing estates around longford and shoal hill finish it at cannock and keep the route the same into Cannock on Sunday (except for extention)  and have a circle service which serves both of them and maybe rumer hill, bridgtown and bevan lee to connect with main routes ditching the 560 could provide at least one bus

Bob

Maybe a major re-jig of the Cannock services are needed? The 560 can be a pretty busy route tho

Discodave

Quote from: bob on June 27, 2012, 06:51:51 PM
Maybe a major re-jig of the Cannock services are needed? The 560 can be a pretty busy route tho
It could do with one again with regard to the 560 send it to hill top and make a go of it insted of being behind the NXWM 89 but Arriva do not know what competition is in the West Mids and just get walked on.

Ashley

So just to clarify, the 20 Citaros for Tamworth won't be up here until after the Olympics?

John

Quote from: Ashley on August 02, 2012, 10:21:36 PM
So just to clarify, the 20 Citaros for Tamworth won't be up here until after the Olympics?

Thats right Ashley
Here is one in London
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham890/7669695730

Ashley

The Citaro designs a bit old now but still looks good. Might go down Tamworth before the B6BLEs go, as I'm one of few people that likes them

nx4737

Quote from: Ashley on August 02, 2012, 11:08:17 PM
The Citaro designs a bit old now but still looks good. Might go down Tamworth before the B6BLEs go, as I'm one of few people that likes them

Strangely, I quite like them too, I suppose they've been all I've known in Tamworth though, apart form the Scanias and B9TL's for the past few years!

PM

I like Citaros too-tho in buses a while back there was an article on the new citaro-already on sale I think in europe and will come here soon. I imagine citaro sales will die down now until the new one launches. Tho citaros have never really sold in great numbers in the uk have they?

nx4737

Nope, not really, they only seem to attract smallish orders... most big UK operators stick to one type of bus... First use Volvo/Wright, Stagecoach tend to stick to ADL and Arriva... well I think they seem to take whatever's going cheap :P

Discodave

Quote from: nx4737 on August 03, 2012, 03:15:22 PM
Nope, not really, they only seem to attract smallish orders... most big UK operators stick to one type of bus... First use Volvo/Wright, Stagecoach tend to stick to ADL and Arriva... well I think they seem to take whatever's going cheap :P

you mean Arriva goes for any cheap nasty stuff VDL and make sure it has the most gutless engine and try and run the operation on 2 and 6 pence

PM

Are VDLs really that bad??

nx4737

Not really, they don't seem any less underpowered than the Volvo equivalent!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk