News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Review 2015

Started by Chris2301, January 15, 2015, 12:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Any updates on when this review might be completed? Saw a good few people from network West Midlands or national express in Orange fluorescent jackets seemingly monitoring goings on at the boulevard in merry hill the other day.

Roy

Quote from: s94 on July 12, 2015, 09:00:47 PM
Any updates on when this review might be completed? Saw a good few people from network West Midlands or national express in Orange fluorescent jackets seemingly monitoring goings on at the boulevard in merry hill the other day.

The changes will not be implemented until early 2016.

karl724223

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 19, 2015, 07:25:04 PM
Hi Roy

I am pretty sure that the review will happen in Oct or early Nov this year. I will ask my contact in Centro to tell me and I'll post tomorrow again.

I think Centro will change the X96 to run more frequent and as an ani-clockwise and Clockwise service around Wollaston and Wrens Nest.

In my reply to the Dudley Bus Review, i have said the X96 should be withdrawn, i don't think it works as a service.

The two end portions (Wrens Nest & Wollaston Farm) often end up with no service in order to keep the main portion on time. Christmas before last i waited 1 hour and 20 mins for an X96, 2 buses turned up but were E journeys to Stourbridge only.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

D10

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 19, 2015, 07:25:04 PM
Hi Roy

I am pretty sure that the review will happen in Oct or early Nov this year. I will ask my contact in Centro to tell me and I'll post tomorrow again.

I think Centro will change the X96 to run more frequent and as an ani-clockwise and Clockwise service around Wollaston and Wrens Nest.

My NXWM contacts tell me it is definitely NOT happening this year, it has been put back to 2016.

As for the X96, as this service operates on a mainly commercial basis, Centro would have to agree any changes with NXWM

Stuharris 6360

The X96 has to have timetable changes regularly because it struggles with reliability.

I would also say that it is very stressful on the buses used, it just goes round and round all day with very little room for a break, i know a few summers ago, the Mercs were struggling badly.

I can't see NE complaining if Centro want to withdraw it and replace it with other services.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

s94

The 276 can probably accommodate any Stourbridge changes to the x96 well. Will never happen but as mentioned some time ago, would be good to see it extended to hagley or similar too.

Stuharris 6360

Maybe the 276 could be extended from Wollaston Junction to do a circle of Wollaston Farm to replace the X96, although it would mean an extended journey time between Stourbridge & Wollaston Farm.

Certainly at the moment, the 276 terminating at Wollaston Junction sometimes blocks the bus stop up for 5 mins or more.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 21, 2015, 03:27:13 PM
My contact in Centro says it is probably going to happen when the contracts/tenders for all operators are up for renewal which will happen on 25th October 2015. So I don't know whether you want to talk to your contact?

Karl724223 works at PE garage, so i assume he has been told by management.

Can't see the timetables etc now being ready for October 2015.

domino.99

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 21, 2015, 05:16:28 PM
I also have a contact in NXWM which happens to be a manager. I'll contact him/her and I'll post again when they get back to me. So The date and month will be confirmed and put to bed so to speak.

Is that allowed?

Roy

I was told 2016 by senior Centro Black Country managers at a meeting and this was endorsed by three very senior NXWM Black Country managers who were at the same meeting.

Any contracts due for renewal in October will be given a short term extension. 

This isn't a rumour - it's come from people who know.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 21, 2015, 05:33:32 PM
I have contacted my contact in NXWM to make sure it will be in Oct not  early 2016. If it is in 2016 I'll contact my contact in Centro and tell him/her.

remember the consultation didn't close till July 12th, that gives only just over 3 months for everything to be sorted, just doesn't make sense that it will still happen this year.

Timetables etc would need to be ready by mid Sept at the latest so that they can be sent for printing, notices can go out with info for passengers, timetables at stops and flags need to be altered, so to me October is a no no.

Then with Xmas approaching you don't want key bus services altered in late Nov/Early Dec potentially causing problems for Christmas Shoppers.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Roy on July 21, 2015, 05:21:26 PM
I was told 2016 by senior Centro Black Country managers at a meeting and this was endorsed by three very senior NXWM Black Country managers who were at the same meeting.

Any contracts due for renewal in October will be given a short term extension. 

This isn't a rumour - it's come from people who know.

I've heard the same info @Roy as you about the April date being given for the Dudley Review.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 21, 2015, 06:29:57 PM
You are completely correct for the changes to be implemented in Oct,  the timetables and Flags/timetables for stops would have to be completed by mid/late Sept. According to my contact in Centro the changes should be implemented by Oct 25 15, as the changes would only be amending/changing some route numbers, amending the times of the route and amending/changing the rour itself.   

And how would all of this be already known when the consultation, only closed on the 12 July 2015, you seem to know an awful lot of information.

Several other senior members have told you 2016 for the review, i tend to believe them!!!

Kevin

On a related note, is this Centro admitting that any bus review takes s long time to process and implement and that they can't get away with doing what they have for previous reviews where the public only find out about two weeks before their buses change
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk