News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Review 2015

Started by Chris2301, January 15, 2015, 12:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 21, 2015, 06:29:57 PM
You are completely correct for the changes to be implemented in Oct,  the timetables and Flags/timetables for stops would have to be completed by mid/late Sept. According to my contact in Centro the changes should be implemented by Oct 25 15, as the changes would only be amending/changing some route numbers, amending the times of the route and amending/changing the rour itself.  
Basically a full review then? Can't see October happening at all for the changes. Far too much to do and agree about Christmas wrt to it potentially causing disruption. The last Dudley review began in April 2008 so April again sounds sensible.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 21, 2015, 06:44:52 PM
I only have the word of my contact from Centro. I'm only thinking that there may be some major changes but mostly they will be minor e.g route extension/curtailment, route number changes.

Yes but things like this take an awful long time to preocess.

Rememeber when routes have been decided, they have to look for operators, either comercially or through tender. Many things have to be discussed and arranged, tbh if it was just to be a few minor changes, what was the point in ordering a review. For a start i can see numerous number changes eg:276 becoming 76 to put them in the new Centro numbering policy.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

It's quite possible that some changes had already been decided in advance of the public consultation.

My guess is we'll see some changes in October, due to tender renewals, which have already been worked on, and then we'll see more wholesale changes next year, which will have been determined from the public consultations.

We already saw some renumbering of Old Hill services earlier this year, I expect there'll be more of the same come October.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

domino.99

If i'm honest I fully doubt there will be any changes this year especially considering that all changes have to be put up 56 days in advance which will mean they have to be registered in around a month and considering the questionare stuff was only completed around 2 weeks ago they have to take all the info and data into account, create the changes sort out timetables ect.

Dylan4579

I hope that there can be 3/4 bph between Smethwick and bearwood if this a Dudley/sandwell review.

Sh4318

Quote from: Dylan4579 on July 21, 2015, 09:49:55 PM
I hope that there can be 3/4 bph between Smethwick and bearwood if this a Dudley/sandwell review.

I agree with you there. Links between Smethwick and Bearwood have been poor in some areas since the 444 was withdrawn
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

From my experience don't be to surprised to see changes in November it's happened before with introduction of the 53/83 changes to 89/128 , oh what joy this was, members of the public getting very irate with Us drivers for being lazy for terminating the 128 in oldbury, even on 127 terminating in blackheath, I,ve had women accuse me of all sorts there.

s94

That sounds about right. However I'm guessing there could be a list of proposed changes made available by November or December maybe?

BK63 YWP

Would be nice to see two circular routes for the black country? Bit like the old 247/248?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

s94

Quote from: Chris on July 23, 2015, 07:36:33 PM
Would be nice to see two circular routes for the black country? Bit like the old 247/248?
Don't think circular routes are a very popular option anymore. I personally struggle
To envisage many major changes to services in the review. Maybe just a couple of extensions/withdrawals. Perhaps the Merry hill area unsurprisingly seeing the greatest number of changes. Hopefully no more Halesowen to merry hill services though...

BK63 YWP

Quote from: s94 on July 23, 2015, 07:46:34 PM
Don't think circular routes are a very popular option anymore. I personally struggle
To envisage many major changes to services in the review. Maybe just a couple of extensions/withdrawals. Perhaps the Merry hill area unsurprisingly seeing the greatest number of changes. Hopefully no more Halesowen to merry hill services though...

The services need to more spaced out in merry hill bus station especially stand B , i normally see a 141 at stand with a 53/289 behind it normally waiting to alight. Maybe move the west brom sevices to C with the 208. X96 to wollaston with the 276 to wollaston like stourbridge. And 243 to stand G or with 276 to dudley?

Would be nice if intu let centro rebuild the bus station and provide better access to prevent traffic jams.

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 27, 2015, 07:17:54 PM
I also think the circular routes are popular anymore, that is why Centro withdrew the 247/248 in 2008. Regarding the Halesowen route I think they will re-number the 141/241 to just 41/42.
why

karl724223

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 27, 2015, 07:35:15 PM
It would be nice for Intu to let Centro up-grad the bus station, but it would probably mean closing the bus station altogether and re-locating it. Which would mean a lot of hassle for organizing a temp bus station, and the closest pace for the temp station would either be where the Mc Donald's play place is or up on Two Woods Lane.

With regards to the stand allocation at the currant t/t. There is only two alighting stands, which are the first and second stand before the 226 (Stand H). They should have three unload only stands if and when they do get the green light to re-build the bus staton.
when Westfield was going to build a new bus station they was going to build it on the car park by asda petrol station keeping old bus station open till new one was complete then when new one was finished close old one 
Thought your contact in centro might have told you that

BK63 YWP

Quote from: karl724223 on July 27, 2015, 10:06:12 PM
when Westfield was going to build a new bus station they was going to build it on the car park by asda petrol station keeping old bus station open till new one was complete then when new one was finished close old one.
Thought your contact in centro might have told you that

The problem is intu now owns the centre so any plans that westfield had have gone. So centro will have to have discussions with intu about any plans. The problem is where can they put the new station without causing major disruption. I reckon they could use a bit of the car park next to the current one. Develop 3 new stands I/J/K and when they are finished move on to A/B/C so on. New stands would create room to accomdate the current stand H creating 3 unloading stands. Would be better if they raised the kerb on unloading stands so its not such a big step down for pushchairs and the elderly.

That car park just been resurfaced 4 weeks ago. So it wouldn't go there now. Merry hills roads have not changed much over the years. It just can't cope with the traffic anymore. Hence the occasional stand still

X10 Gornal Wood

domino.99

Quote from: KarlX96 on July 27, 2015, 07:17:54 PM
I also think the circular routes are popular anymore, that is why Centro withdrew the 247/248 in 2008. Regarding the Halesowen route I think they will re-number the 141/241 to just 41/42.

I doubt that very much, considering the 241 goes to Dudley Bus Station and will after the review no doubt, as does the WB 42 so in an attempt not to confuse passengers, despite centro liking to do that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk